Page 27 of 201 FirstFirst ... 21724252627282930375277127 ... LastLast

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

It should have soft openings today
    Last edited by Hilsbro; 11-02-2008 at 12:22 AM.

• Fireworks Finatic!

No soft opening on Friday. Walls were still up. They were doing landscaping from what I could see when a worker went into a door as I was walking by. There were a lot of people in there working, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Magnification!

As for the tubing, why would water need tubing? If there are going to be little fountains, they just need the shooter part, since there's plenty of water all around.

I hope it's some awesome shimmering pond effect.

EDIT: Actually, there is the one main pipe that feeds the rest of the tubes and that does kind of look like it's more for water. But why would they need to pipe water around?
    The piping would elminate constant maintenance on the shooters. The area is an open pond with large landscaping around it. The bottom of the pond collects quite a bit of dust particles and other natural pieces of trash. Tubing in the water thru a main pipe would allow a filtration system to be placed hidden within one of the fake rocks and then feed clean water into the small shooters.

Now i do not know what exactly is happening in that pond but i have a large pond on my property and tubing was needed to help maintain fountains and small shooters from getting particles from clogging them. Also there would only be the need for one central pump system. Adding indivual shooters would require each one to have electrical access and individual pumps.

• Disney Secrets Master

Truly awesome thread. I'll keep an eye on this one. :P
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

i actually made it to pixie hollow sunday evening. during the final parade.
    it was pretty amazing the transformation. it was as if tritons garden was never there. i didnt see any fairys as it was around 7:45 ish. but just walking through it was really cool. only minor point was the paint fumes were still in the air it was very noticeable, but all in all the area and theming is awesome.

• Minion

I think Toontown should be redone DCA Style! Ha ha ha!

• Shablagoo!

I was just looking at the Disneyland website. According to it It's a Small World and Haunted Mansion will be in refurbishment until Feb15th. That is after they close to remove the Holiday overlay.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I was just looking at the Disneyland website. According to it It's a Small World and Haunted Mansion will be in refurbishment until Feb15th. That is after they close to remove the Holiday overlay.
    Wonder why Haunted Mansion will be down so long. Could it be the HATBOX GHOST.

• Senior Minion

It seemed like it took a while to come back last year too, but I can't remember for sure.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

Last year they added a few things after they took down the overlay. Plussed a few things. They may be plussing again this year. Anyone have any firm information?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Lowering Expectations

The Jan-Feb refurb for the Mansion is the ideal time to do whatever they plan to do, if anything, for the 40th anniversary. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled and my ears pricked...

Having said that, it is true that Constance and her curious attic portraits were added in slowly while the attraction was open. That's how the purple sheet became famous, of course.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 11-03-2008 at 05:36 PM.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    The Jan-Feb refurb for the Mansion is the ideal time to do whatever they plan to do, if anything, for the 40th anniversary. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled and my ears pricked...

Having said that, it is true that Constance and her curious attic portraits were added in slowly while the attraction was open. That's how the purple sheet became famous, of course.
    Oh yes, We will never forget that.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Long live that darn Sheet

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Just updated the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-Through entry as per some information that was just sent my way... The Walk-Through is currently looking at officially re-opening November 21, 2008, which would be the first Friday of the Disneyland Resort holiday season.

Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-Through
    Details: The classic Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-Through will re-open after seven years of abandonment. The revived attraction will be brought back in the original Eyvind Earle style. The project also includes the conversion of The Three Fairies Magic Crystal shop into an alternate experience room for guests unable to access the Walk-Through attraction.
    Project Status: In progress.
    Open Date: November 21, 2008.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Hello Dolly.

Yay! Thank u MG for the info. I was hoping it be ready by Christmas since we can barely afford to go to Disneyland every few years and we are going during Christmas week. Makes me really excited now
    Last edited by BlAcKoUt510; 11-07-2008 at 11:54 AM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM