Page 29 of 201 FirstFirst ... 41926272829303132395479129 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by daisydog View Post
    According the DL website POC will be down for refurb starting 2/15 thru at least the end of the month.

Any ideas on whether it will go into March?
    It should be about a month at most.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    I heard RUMORS that POTC will eventually get new boats similar to IASW's new boats, with improved seats and so forth. But remember... this is just ONE rumor I heard from ONE site (I don't recall exactly which site).
    Are they going to look as crappy as IASW's new boats???? Cheap and plastic???

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    As if the old original Small World boats were anything to write home about?

Come on.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• is too darn hot.

They look fine by me. At leas they're not faded, cracked plastic like the old boats. Give me a break.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'm sure for Pirates, they'll paint them much as they are now- faux wood. I would hope so, anyways.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

Come on.
    THANK YOU!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Does anyone have a clue about what the next big attraction at DL will be? Toy Story came out 6 months ago and the Ferris Wheel and Gams are the next "new" attractions come to DCA. But what about DL after the castle whats next? Star Tours? PM? Or something else?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

Come on.
    The old ones looked better than the new ones in my opinion.

Also, I hope they will paint the new ones for pirates, if that does happen, because the way they look now definitely doesn't match the new ones they painted for pirates now.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Does anyone have a clue about what the next big attraction at DL will be? Toy Story came out 6 months ago and the Ferris Wheel and Gams are the next "new" attractions come to DCA. But what about DL after the castle whats next? Star Tours? PM? Or something else?
    It sounds like it may be a new Gallery and Lincoln. I wouldn't expect anything big until the economy improves or after most of the DCA work.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Star Tours II has been put on hold

• Minion

Reading Al's new Article here it seems to be saying what Uncle Bob has reiterated.

It also seems that a new Tomorrowland is on its way...I heard this over in the Disneyland Project Tracker thread I believe.

JerrodDRagon, I would take this question over to that thread. You might get a better answer over there since your question pertains to Disneyland rather than Disney's California Adventure. Good luck!

Reading Al's new Article here it seems to be saying what Uncle Bob has reiterated.

It also seems that a new Tomorrowland is on its way...I heard this over in the Disneyland Project Tracker thread I believe.

JerrodDRagon, I would take this question over to that thread. You might get a better answer over there since your question pertains to Disneyland rather than Disney's California Adventure. Good luck!
    Wait - this IS the Disneyland Project Tracker thread. Don't confuse us.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    It sounds like it may be a new Gallery and Lincoln. I wouldn't expect anything big until the economy improves or after most of the DCA work.
    That sucks, I mean Nemo is cool and all but I want a new thrill ride its been over 10 years (Indy) since we had one of those put it DL. I will be fine with Disney if they put in a Wall-E show, Mr. Lincoln, new things in HM (40th B-Day) and improve small world (i know people hate it but I the new idea's) in the next two years I'll be happy. But after that I want some new rides like Star Tours, PM or a new dark ride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Wait - this IS the Disneyland Project Tracker thread. Don't confuse us.
    Mojave, you are absolutely right! My mistake! Ha ha ha!

• Senior Minion

That sucks, I mean Nemo is cool and all but I want a new thrill ride its been over 10 years (Indy) since we had one of those put it DL. I will be fine with Disney if they put in a Wall-E show, Mr. Lincoln, new things in HM (40th B-Day) and improve small world (i know people hate it but I the new idea's) in the next two years I'll be happy. But after that I want some new rides like Star Tours, PM or a new dark ride.
    You have to look at the reality that DCA needs the attention right now. From the perspective of Dis, it is the DLR now, and they're putting mulitple billions into the DLR. They may not have added a thrill ride at DL in the last ten years, but they've added everything at DCA, including every thrill ride, and more is coming.

If DCA goes well, I expect DL will see an amazing new TL with at least one new E-ticket and a few other exciting things, plus a new FL theater at the least. The reality is DL just doesn't have too many problems that need addressing, so it's pretty easy for them to put it on the back burner, save money, and keep people coming with promos and AP's. As a fan it's a little frustrating, but be patient, as long as western society doesn't fall apart, I expect the next 10 years to be a great time for the entire DLR.

I'm just happy to see the attention that is being given to DL on the small projects and rehabs. SB Castle, Pixie Hollow, IASW, the repaving project, Plaza Pavillion rehab, Christmas improvements, Fortuosity Shop are all good things, just to name a few. DL is definitely not being ignored, and things seem to be moving in the most positive direction they have in a long time.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM