Page 3 of 201 FirstFirst 123456132853103 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Ariel's Grotto Closes on August 17 and I've heard rumors of pavement work happening in Tomorrowland very shortly thereafter.

• MC, this is LD

Master Gracy. Not to question your authority, but the Worlds of Wonder parade's name sounds awfully similar to DCA's upcoming World of Color show. Could you please state sources??? I doubt Disney will run to shows with nearly identical names...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KAN View Post
    Master Gracy. Not to question your authority, but the Worlds of Wonder parade's name sounds awfully similar to DCA's upcoming World of Color show. Could you please state sources??? I doubt Disney will run to shows with nearly identical names...
    To be fair, Worlds of Wonder and World of Color are not nearly identical...it's like in WDW calling Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom nearly identical. That final word adds the entire meaning of the attraction!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by KAN View Post
    Al Lutz mentioned the name of the parade in his 8/5 column. Also -- since both World of Color and Worlds of Wonder parade are debuting in 2010, during Disneyland's 55th Anniversary I wouldn't be surprised if Disney used the "world" theme -- as in a "Whole new world of magic" or something like that as part of the marketing campaign. Also -- during the 50th both the parade and fireworks shows utilized the word "dream" which was followed up by the Year of a Million Dreams marketing promotion in late 2006.

Disney likes to latch onto words and use them until they have little to no meaning left.

MiceAge: Mickey Can You Hear Me?
    http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al080508f.htm
    Before the Parade Passes By
    The Worlds of Wonder parade is planned to have even more moving parts than the Pixar Play Parade, with big swinging pirate ships on the Pirates of the Caribbean float, spinning boulders on the Adventureland float, etc. The Disneyland Safety Department, (the same folks behind the decision to equip the new monorails with tiny window vents that prevent air flow into the sauna-like cabins), are behind these parade changes as well.

The Worlds of Wonder parade will still be impressive, as it's on a very large scale with some truly beautiful artistry backing it up, but as of now it's going to be folded into the 55th Anniversary offerings for 2010. And yes, that means the Magic Kingdom out in Orlando has to soldier on for yet another year with its very tired Dreams Come True parade they've had since the 1990's.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Update!!!

Last edited by Space Mountain; 08-24-2008 at 01:03 AM.

• Banned User

Re: Update!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Space Mountain View Post
    The second one is about the proposed changes to POD coming up after this main st. rehab. Turns out the changes to the beginning of the parade as well as the show stop music, have been scrapped. This was announced to the GFM of POD parade support 2 days ago and to us today before POD. Idk why they changed it all of a sudden again, but expect more changes to be announced again before this rehab begins in 5 months.
    Thank god. I really don't want them to change the show stop music, as it is really good already!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Expect something to be done to Imagination & Wonders of Life, & even Test Track before Energy.

David Koenig reports:
    what's wrong with test track. i actually enjoy that ride and don't see anything wrong there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by formercast View Post
    what's wrong with test track. i actually enjoy that ride and don't see anything wrong there.
    Nothing is wrong with it. I love it too. But they're going to go into Test Track to test (pun intended) the new version of the ride software that's going to be used for Radiator Springs Racers.

• Diva Extrodinaire

What are the Imagineers gonig to do with the Big Thunder Ranch/Festival Arena area besides private parties?

I laos would love to see a new ride replace Gadget's Go Coaster. Maybe a Mary Poppins dark ride or even a nice sit-down restaurant?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    What are the Imagineers gonig to do with the Big Thunder Ranch/Festival Arena area besides private parties?

I laos would love to see a new ride replace Gadget's Go Coaster. Maybe a Mary Poppins dark ride or even a nice sit-down restaurant?
    Nothing is planned as far as I know for the Big Thunder Ranch area.

As to your Mary Poppins idea, that would be nice, but it wouldn't thematically fit in with Toontown.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Maybe mre dark rides htere? Like MP, Beauty and the Beast, Bambi, Hunchback, and 101 Dalmatians? And maybe replace Mr. Toad with Cinderella.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Maybe mre dark rides htere? Like MP, Beauty and the Beast, Bambi, Hunchback, and 101 Dalmatians? And maybe replace Mr. Toad with Cinderella.
    Trouble is there really isn't enough room. And they wont get rid of Mr. Toad because it's a 1955 original.

• Member of Baxter's Army

And they wont get rid of Mr. Toad because it's a 1955 original.
    That didn't stop them in Florida.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    That didn't stop them in Florida.
    When the attraction closed in Florida, it was just over 25 years old. Here it's 50. They're not going to touch it.

• Banned User

When the attraction closed in Florida, it was just over 25 years old. Here it's 50. They're not going to touch it.
    That's what we pretty much said about Small World. And that was the last attraction Walt officially opened at the park, I believe.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM