Page 41 of 201 FirstFirst ... 163138394041424344516691141 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    If that were the case, they wouldn't be running it Martin Luther King & Presidents Day weekends. I really think this is just to save some money by not showing the fireworks during the slower times of the year, which really was the way it used to be back in the 20th century.
    I think the recent weather with the fog and poor visibility this time of year along with less out of towners coming in during the next couple months is plenty of reason. The fireworks will be back when the crowds are generally coming back starting in spring.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

If that were the case, they wouldn't be running it Martin Luther King & Presidents Day weekends. I really think this is just to save some money by not showing the fireworks during the slower times of the year, which really was the way it used to be back in the 20th century.
    Saving money, I'm sure, is good enough reason to cancel the show, but even the slower times of the year are busy these days ever since the 50th -- and don't forget the inevitable return of the 2fer during this time. I can understand not having pyro on weekdays, but not having it on weekends isn't normal. Also, if Disney was just looking to save money they wouldn't be bothering to run Fantasmic! seven days a week - this is clearly a response to the lack of parades and fireworks. Main Street is a major viewing area for fireworks, even when the show is less hub-centric. With Main Street closed to repaving, it would only make sense to cancel fireworks, otherwise it would be a logistic and guest relations nightmare.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Thanks for keeping us posted, MG!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• I'm not really here

Not necessarily. I'm willing to be that Main St. will be paved in segments and not ripped apart wholesale in one fell swoop. Knowing that larger crowds are the norm on those weekends, I'll bet they have worked it into their schedule to have no active work going on for those weekends. It wouldn't be that hard to do.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Just a question of curiosity. When they repave mainstreet, will the entire street be blocked off from the entrance to the hub? If so, would that mean that guests would then have to travel along the sidewalks and through the shops to get from "Point A" to "Point B." Just wondering how they plan on doing this.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Just a question of curiosity. When they repave mainstreet, will the entire street be blocked off from the entrance to the hub? If so, would that mean that guests would then have to travel along the sidewalks and through the shops to get from "Point A" to "Point B." Just wondering how they plan on doing this.
    They'll probably do it in sections to avoid this sort of problem.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Minion

Thanks!

• Banned User

Yeah, as BassBone said, it will probably be done in sections. Doing it all at once would be something they really never could do, as it would be a logistical nightmare!

• Minion

Okay. Well, I know that sometimes they have taken guests backstage on Main Street to get from Hub to Main Street or Vice Versa....I'm just curious. Thank you both for your input!

• Banned User

Okay. Well, I know that sometimes they have taken guests backstage on Main Street to get from Hub to Main Street or Vice Versa....
    That's only when the street is really busy. That would be really bad theme wise as well. Plus CMs use that area.

• Digging to Earth's center

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Tom Sawyer Island / Fort Wilderness Graveyard
    Details: The graveyard behind Fort Wilderness on Tom Sawyer Island will be returned after being gone for an extended period due to the Pirate's Lair re-theme.
    Project Status: In progress.
    Open Date: Late 2008
    Honey, I Shrunk the Audience replacement
    Details: Attraction rumored to close following Labor Day weekend, possibly to prepare for attraction replacement.
    Project Status: Attraction to close fall 2008.
    Open Date: Unknown
    I'm just pointing this out. These attractions didn't open in 2008, and in the case of HISTA replacement, construction didn't start during 2008.
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    I'm just pointing this out. These attractions didn't open in 2008, and in the case of HISTA replacement, construction didn't start during 2008.
    Remember that information in the Project Tracker threads is mostly based on rumors. I try to go with sources that I feel are reliable -- but even then, plans change or the information was just incorrect.

I'll go through the Project Trackers in the next couple days and fix anything that is obviously incorrect.

EDIT: The OP has been updated - several outdated entries have been updated -- no new information, just a lot of "unknown" project statuses now. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for more information on this stuff.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 01-03-2009 at 02:29 AM.

| | |

• Banned User

Probably what happened is that the HISTA replacement has been shelved, just like Star Tours II, the Fantasyland makeover at the MK, etc. etc. Hey, penny pinching corporate tight wads...how about surprising us for once??

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

That's only when the street is really busy. That would be really bad theme wise as well. Plus CMs use that area.
    everyone that walked backstage when I was GCing were thanking us for letting them see backstage. lol
    Last edited by Kritter; 01-03-2009 at 01:40 PM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Added a Big Thunder BBQ entry and updated the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique entry based on info posted by dlfreak over at MouseInfo:

Looks like the Big Thunder Barbeque Kitchen should be opening April 2 just in time for Spring Break crowds. The Festival Arena is also slated to be closed on Monday January 1st and reopen the same day as the BBQ Kitchen which seems like it will be used in conjunction with the food area and the new celebration type events planned with it.

The Once Upon a Time... Disney Princess Shop is also slated to close Monday January 5th and reopen April 4th as Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, the west-coast version of the popular salon and princess merchandise location. Also, I'm not sure what this means but I was told that a Cast Members roadshow will be happening on January 9th from 8am-5pm at Harbor Pointe.

----

Celebration Roundup and Barbeque at Big Thunder Ranch
    Details: Big Thunder Ranch will re-open as a barbeque dining location with special dining opportunities as part of the "What will you celebrate?" promotion. The Festival Arena will be closed and re-open in conjunction with the new dining location.
    Project Status: Festival Arena closed January 1. Big Thunder Ranch dining area closes January 5.
    Open Date: April 2

Bibbity Bobbity Boutique
    Details: "Once Upon a Time ... The Disney Princess Shoppe" will close to be converted into Bibbity Bobbity Boutique where Fairy-Godmothers-in-Training will transform girls into princesses in this hair-makeup-and-costume salon.
    Project Status: To begin January 5, 2009
    Open Date: April 4, 2009.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 01-03-2009 at 04:00 AM.

| | |

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM