Page 52 of 201 FirstFirst ... 22742495051525354556277102152 ... LastLast

• Minion

Smile Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I think you won't be dissapointed with the WALL-E ride I designed.(which I plan to utilize once I get into WDI.)
    Tell us about it!! I think WALL-E is a really fun movie and I think it deserves a spot in the parks!!!

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Tell us about it!! I think WALL-E is a really fun movie and I think it deserves a spot in the parks!!!
    Let me just say Goodbye Innoventions!

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Mouse Planet: Upheaval at the Opera House
    It’s official. Nostalgia is erasing authenticity.

It was formally announced during last Monday’s “Mickey’s Roll Call” (a fancy term for the daily meeting for managers) that the Bank of Main Street and a portion of the Opera House lobby will become the new Disney Gallery.

The bank’s 1955 interior, complete with hardwood teller windows, has been used primarily for Annual Passholder processing over the last 15 years. It all will be torn out, along with at least half of the Opera House’s lobby. Most of the artifacts from the lobby, including Walt’s offices, are planned to be moved to Disney’s California Adventure, as its entrance corridor and Hollywood area are gradually transformed to recreate the Southern California of Walt’s early days.

For the last six months, the Gallery has been operating in temporary quarters in the Opera House exit. But fans have been pushing for a permanent home ever since it was evicted from its second-story spot in New Orleans Square to make room for the Dream Suite.

After the move, the Opera House exit will revert back to its original, non-commercial self. The AP processing center will be relocated to the Plaza Pavilion, which was another, even-higher-visibility location considered for the new Disney Gallery. The former restaurant facility is receiving new kitchens in the back to serve the New Orleans Square restaurants when their own kitchens go down for rehab. After that, the Plaza Pavilion kitchens will serve as back-ups and for special events.

What hasn’t been approved for the Opera House is bringing back Mr. Lincoln. Several plans are being bandied about, but management is convinced it can’t return Abe as was, with the gimmicky stereophonic “haircut” soundtrack. Hopefully Disney can act quick. It will never again have such perfect marketing tie-ins, with the fast approaching Lincoln bicentennial, President Obama’s continual references to Lincoln, and Steven Spielberg preparing a new Lincoln movie starring Liam Neeson.

However, management might envision its pulling all the Disney stuff out of the lobby and leaving only enough square footage to accommodate the giant model of the Capitol and a few other Lincoln-related exhibits as the first step in bringing back the animatronic emancipator.
    True no official word on if the Gallery portion will be 2 floors but Lincoln will return. The rumors of Washington and Obama are only that. As for the Theater show... the binuaral "haircut" sound will not return. Either a new prologue will be made or one of the older versions will be put in (My vote is for the "Two Brothers" sequence). Also the AA segment is still in debate... projectors and effects from the original version and the Gettysburg version are still present
    Spoiler
    Even Lincoln himself is still on the stage...drained of all fluids, naked, skinless and hunched over in a box behind the screen. His chair is stored below the stage, along with a spare, next to a closet containing an emergency wardrobe for Lincoln and other Main Street figures...including Emerelda and "Tilly" the Cinema ticket taker

Now Technically only about 1/3 of the lobby will be taken. The spaces where Walt's offices were will be taken as well as the front wall of the lobby. As for the rear section where the capital model and the lincoln displays were... that will revert to that.
    Spoiler
    the Capital Model itself has to go thru some repair, due to damage from its 2005 removal. Apparently a large crack had formed when it was transported out of the lobby. The model is made of french cain stone, which is very porious and brittle.
    As for the current "Cast" video area and the display case near, this area will be mainly disneyland items and small cases will be in the center area (were the ticket books are currently). The current lobby area will have a CM but will no longer have spieling. The exit area that will soon become the entrance will go under renovation and get a few small exhibits and a new entrance. There is even a possibility of the Mad Hatter getting a small update.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Minion

Talking Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    True no official word on if the Gallery portion will be 2 floors but Lincoln will return. The rumors of Washington and Obama are only that. As for the Theater show... the binuaral "haircut" sound will not return. Either a new prologue will be made or one of the older versions will be put in (My vote is for the "Two Brothers" sequence). Also the AA segment is still in debate... projectors and effects from the original version and the Gettysburg version are still present
    Spoiler
    Even Lincoln himself is still on the stage...drained of all fluids, naked, skinless and hunched over in a box behind the screen. His chair is stored below the stage, along with a spare, next to a closet containing an emergency wardrobe for Lincoln and other Main Street figures...including Emerelda and "Tilly" the Cinema ticket taker

Now Technically only about 1/3 of the lobby will be taken. The spaces where Walt's offices were will be taken as well as the front wall of the lobby. As for the rear section where the capital model and the lincoln displays were... that will revert to that.
    Spoiler
    the Capital Model itself has to go thru some repair, due to damage from its 2005 removal. Apparently a large crack had formed when it was transported out of the lobby. The model is made of french cain stone, which is very porious and brittle.
    As for the current "Cast" video area and the display case near, this area will be mainly disneyland items and small cases will be in the center area (were the ticket books are currently). The current lobby area will have a CM but will no longer have spieling. The exit area that will soon become the entrance will go under renovation and get a few small exhibits and a new entrance. There is even a possibility of the Mad Hatter getting a small update.
    GREAT!!! Thanks for the update!!!

• Storyteller

I just checked Disneyland's website and they no longer have Matterhorn listed as going down from Feb. 9th thru the 12th. Does anyone know if they're still planning to take it down? Is this just a typo on their website (which seems to happen a lot)?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Okay, so I've finally decided to add a new section to the Disneyland Project Tracker -- a section for the Hotels and Downtown Disney. This section will also include any other major Resort projects, such as the upcoming Parking Structure for the Pumbaa lot.

Right now this section is a work-in-progress, so if I'm completely wrong with the entries, feel free to correct me and give me a link to a source, if you can. Also, if I'm missing a big project, let me know.

I think I'm going to leave out the new Disneyland Resort Bakery that's nearing completion behind the Mickey & Friends structure because it isn't a project that will impact the guest experience --- it's more of a behind-the-scenes type thing.

Anyway, here is what the new Hotels & Downtown Disney section looks like as of its posting tonight. Enjoy!

HOTELS, DOWNTOWN DISNEY AND MISCELLANEOUS

Grand Californian Hotel Disney Vacation Club Villas
    Details: New Disney Vacation Club timeshare units are under construction as part of a large expansion of the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.
    Project Status: In progress.
    Completion Date: Late 2009.

Disneyland Hotel Rennovation
    Details: Long-planned, long-rumored Disneyland Hotel rennovation rumors vary from complete demolition and rebuilding, to a one-tower-at-a-time gutting and updating.
    Project Status: Unknown

Club Libby Lu replacement
    Details: Replacement for the out-of-business Club Libby Lu retail location in Downtown Disney.
    Project Status: Unknown. A sign at the location says a new store is coming soon, but no other information.
    Completion Date: Unknown.

Department 56 replacement
    Details: Replacement for the out-of-business Department 56 retail location in Downtown Disney. Some rumors say a temporary "Disney at Home" store will move in until a permanent tenant is secured.
    Project Status: Unknown. A sign at the location says a new store is coming soon, but no other information.

Illuminations replacement
    Details: Replacement for the out-of-business Illuminations location in Downtown Disney.

Starbillias replacement
    Details: Replacement for the out-of-business Starbillias retail location in Downtown Disney.

New Resort parking structure
    Details: A new guest parking structure to be located on the current Pumbaa lot across the street from the Anaheim Garden Walk.
    Project Status: Construction rumored to begin in 2009.
    Completion Date: 2011/2012.

Also --- I've added a new Astro Orbitor entry in the Tomorrowland section following Darkbeer's news from his 2/6 "In the Parks" column. And finally, the "it's a small world" has been moved to the bottom of the Fantasyland list and turned gray, as the project is now completed.

Astro Orbitor - Major refurbishment/possible removal
    Details: The Astro Orbitor is scheduled for a major refurbishment March-June 2009. David "Darkbeer" Michael reported on 2/6 that the attraction may be too costly to repair and Disney is now considering its permanent removal.
    Project Status: To begin March 2009
    Completion Date: June 2009
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 02-07-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Fireworks Finatic!

Quote Originally Posted by jfsebastian View Post
    I just checked Disneyland's website and they no longer have Matterhorn listed as going down from Feb. 9th thru the 12th. Does anyone know if they're still planning to take it down? Is this just a typo on their website (which seems to happen a lot)?
    They may have decided to not close the entire ride down after all. For the past couple weeks, they have been running only one side of the Matterhorn during the week. The side that was closed had painters in the loading area and there may have also been some minor track work being done. At least sounded like it. So that may be the reason they removed the Matterhorn on the refurbishment list on the website. Orrrrr.. it could be another mistake on the website.

• We Go On.

Details: Long-planned, long-rumored Disneyland Hotel rennovation rumors vary from complete demolition and rebuilding, to a one-tower-at-a-time gutting and updating.
    (bold, italics, and color mine)

Rennovation- Renovation

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    [/INDENT](bold, italics, and color mine)

Rennovation- Renovation
    Fixed.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

Okay, so I've finally decided to add a new section to the Disneyland Project Tracker -- a section for the Hotels and Downtown Disney. This section will also include any other major Resort projects, such as the upcoming Parking Structure for the Pumbaa lot.

Right now this section is a work-in-progress, so if I'm completely wrong with the entries, feel free to correct me and give me a link to a source, if you can. Also, if I'm missing a big project, let me know.

I think I'm going to leave out the new Disneyland Resort Bakery that's nearing completion behind the Mickey & Friends structure because it isn't a project that will impact the guest experience --- it's more of a behind-the-scenes type thing.

Anyway, here is what the new Hotels & Downtown Disney section looks like as of its posting tonight. Enjoy!

HOTELS, DOWNTOWN DISNEY AND MISCELLANEOUS
    Grand Californian Hotel Disney Vacation Club Villas
    Details: New Disney Vacation Club timeshare units are under construction as part of a large expansion of the Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.
    Project Status: In progress.
    Completion Date: Late 2009.
    Club Libby Lu replacement
    Details: Replacement for the out-of-business Club Libby Lu retail location in Downtown Disney.
    Department 56 replacement
    Details: Replacement for the out-of-business Department 56 retail location in Downtown Disney. Some rumors say a temporary "Disney at Home" store will move in until a permanent tenant is secured.
    Illuminations replacement
    Details: Replacement for the out-of-business Illuminations location in Downtown Disney.
    Starbillias replacement
    Details: Replacement for the out-of-business Starbillias retail location in Downtown Disney.
    New Resort parking structure
    Details: A new guest parking structure to be located on the current Pumbaa lot across the street from the Anaheim Garden Walk.
    Project Status: Construction rumored to begin in 2009.
    Completion Date: 2011/2012.

Also --- I've added a new Astro Orbitor entry in the Tomorrowland section following Darkbeer's news from his 2/6 "In the Parks" column. And finally, the "it's a small world" has been moved to the bottom of the Fantasyland list and turned gray, as the project is now completed.
    Astro Orbitor - Major refurbishment/possible removal
    Details: The Astro Orbitor is scheduled for a major refurbishment March-June 2009. David "Darkbeer" Michael reported on 2/6 that the attraction may be too costly to repair and Disney is now considering its permanent removal.
    Project Status: To begin March 2009
    Completion Date: June 2009
    Orbiter permanently removed???? Woah. That is a shocker to me. I wonder if it will be easier to remove it completely and redo it for the RUMORED new Tomorrowland...???? We'll wait and see.

Thanks for this new section. I will enjoy the updates on it.

• Banned User

I'm really happy about the return of the Disney Gallery. Some posters in the Haunted Mansion thread mentioned it, and made me sorry I missed it. Anyone know when the Gallery might be reopening at DL?

• Still Dizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post

Let me cast my "Two Brothers" vote along with yours. I truly miss that pre-show, made me cry every time.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Orbiter permanently removed???? Woah. That is a shocker to me. I wonder if it will be easier to remove it completely and redo it for the RUMORED new Tomorrowland...???? We'll wait and see.

Thanks for this new section. I will enjoy the updates on it.
    I'd rather see a new E Ticket in its place. DL hasn't had a new E Ticket since dinosaurs ruled the earth (ok, not since Indy in 1995; same difference).

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I'd rather see a new E Ticket in its place. DL hasn't had a new E Ticket since dinosaurs ruled the earth (ok, not since Indy in 1995; same difference).
    What???

AO hardly takes up any space (but it still somehow manages to ruin traffic flow). There is no way, short of building a ridiculously huge underground showbuilding (which would be financially irresponsible), to put an E-ticket on it's spot.
    - Horizonsfan

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    There is no way, short of building a ridiculously huge underground showbuilding (which would be financially irresponsible), to put an E-ticket on it's spot.
    How about a ridiculously huge elevated showbuilding?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM