Page 54 of 201 FirstFirst ... 42944515253545556576479104154 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Sorry, Lincoln I really enjoy, but the Hall of Presidents is just way too long and it doesn't hold my interest...especially when there are coasters outside that building!

I apologize if my comment was over the top negative, Kritter. No hard feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    I hate the hall of presidents...LOL
    me too. i dont even miss lincoln at dl.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

"Great Moment with Mr. Lincoln" at the Main Street Opera House - New Show
    Details: The long-promised return of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln or a new show to replace the no longer timely "Disneyland: First 50 Magical Years" show. New rumors say that Mr. Lincoln will be joined by President George Washington and President-elect Barack Obama.
    Project Status: In development.
    Open Date: Rumored to open in late 2009, but no later than Disneyland's 55th Anniversary in 2010.
    Shoud'nt it be changed to say President Barack Obama. (please no political comments.)

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Shoud'nt it be changed to say President Barack Obama. (please no political comments.)
    Fixed

Thanks.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

[quote=MasterGracey;3455498]Updated a couple entries based on some new info I received. While I trust my sources, until we get an official from Disney, this is still being treated as rumor. Anyway, we all know how Disney likes to delay the Star Tours project again and again and how they have a love/hate relationship with keeping Mr. Lincoln around.

Details: The long-promised return of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln or a new show to replace the no longer timely "Disneyland: First 50 Magical Years" show. New rumors say that Mr. Lincoln will be joined by President George Washington and President-elect Barack Obama.
    Open Date: Rumored to open in late 2009, but no later than Disneyland's 55th Anniversary in 2010.
    Star Tours 2
    Details: Long-rumored, and long-delayed update of Star Tours attraction.
    Project Status: Unknown.
    Open Date: Previously said to open by 2010, but has been reportedly delayed until 2011.
    I was at disneyland yesterday and asked a cast member about star tours II and they said it's still planned for 2010, if that is worth anything...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by bstone76 View Post
    I was at disneyland yesterday and asked a cast member about star tours II and they said it's still planned for 2010, if that is worth anything...
    Depends who you asked, but likely it isn't worth much. In most cases, frontline CMs tend to know as much as we do. Thanks for posting though

| | |

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Information is emerging about the upcoming replacement for Club Libby Lu in Downtown Disney. It's basically going to become a Disney-branded version of Libby Lu, but apparently it will be targeted towards a broader audience than the former Libby Lu and the upcoming Bibbity Bobbity Boutique in Disneyland.

Disney Studio 365 (Club Libby Lu replacement)
    Details: Club Libby Lu will be converted into a similar Disney-branded offering, with "celebrity" makeovers available. Hair styling, make-up, and costumes and accessories will be some of the offerings at this boutique targeting a wider range of guests than the upcoming Bibbity Bobbity Boutique inside Disneyland Park.
    Project Status: Casting opportunities for store operations CMs are already available. Conversion to begin ASAP.
    Open Date: May 2009.

| | |

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post

as a former Opera House CM I can say with absolute certanty... Washington and Obama will not be in the show.
    Last edited by Alpoe001; 02-21-2009 at 10:09 AM.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Legends never die...

As far as I can tell, the graveyard behind Fort Wilderness may never come back, along with the Fort. It is currently a Cast Member break area, with Fantasmic folding chairs scattered around. Spotted our raft CM having a smoke back there when we peeked through the fence
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• Lowering Expectations

Haunted Mansion enhancements
    Details: Rumors have circulated about the return of the legendary Hat Box Ghost in the Haunted Mansion's attic for years, and recently Disney began dropping hints that the long-rumored return could happen for the attraction's 40th Anniversary in August 2009. Additional enhancements could include lighting, audio, and general show upgrades as well as possible show scene upgrades in the Portrait Gallery, Limbo (loading platform), further attic enhancements, and interactive Hitchhiking Ghosts.
    Project Status: Possibly in progress during holiday overlay removal.
    Open Date: Attraction re-opens February 14, following the removal of the Holiday overlay. It is unknown if the speculated attraction enhancements will debut at this time.
    Small changes needed here, MG: I think it's safe to say that the speculated attraction enhancements have not debuted yet, and it remains to be seen if they will start appearing some time before or during the attraction's 40th anniversary this summer.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

as a Former CM? how would you know if you are a Former..lol... Last thing we heard its on.

• All-American

Details: Rumors have circulated about the return of the legendary Hat Box Ghost in the Haunted Mansion's attic for years, and recently Disney began dropping hints that the long-rumored return could happen for the attraction's 40th Anniversary in August 2009. Additional enhancements could include lighting, audio, and general show upgrades as well as possible show scene upgrades in the Portrait Gallery, Limbo (loading platform), further attic enhancements, and interactive Hitchhiking Ghosts.
    Project Status: Possibly in progress during holiday overlay removal.
    Open Date: Attraction re-opens February 14, following the removal of the Holiday overlay. It is unknown if the speculated attraction enhancements will debut at this time.
    Hmm? What are the speculated attraction enhancements anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Small changes needed here, MG: I think it's safe to say that the speculated attraction enhancements have not debuted yet, and it remains to be seen if they will start appearing some time before or during the attraction's 40th anniversary this summer.
    There are no changes planned for the anniversary.

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by disneysnout View Post
    as a Former CM? how would you know if you are a Former..lol... Last thing we heard its on.

because although im no longer working for the company i still am doing a project for the Opera House. and as my sources still work for the company I cannot divuldge theirs names or positions. Also knowing the inner workings of the Opera House and connections at the archives and WDI i know what has been approved in a few of the meetings.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by alpoe001 View Post
    as a former opera house cm i can say with absolute certanty... Washington and obama will not be in the show.
    yay!!!!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM