Page 55 of 201 FirstFirst ... 53045525354555657586580105155 ... LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in and say that I trust alpoe001 on this one.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in and say that I trust alpoe001 on this one.
    thanks Mycroft!
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneysnout View Post
    as a Former CM? how would you know if you are a Former..lol... Last thing we heard its on.

And where exactly did you hear that it was ON? So far it has been identified as a rumor with NO confirmation.

• Banned User

Any info on Disneyland's 2010 parade?

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    And where exactly did you hear that it was ON? So far it has been identified as a rumor with NO confirmation.

Even though Disneyland hasn't made a public announcement doesn't mean it isn't happening..my info came straight from WDI Burbank. Now my info just was that Lincoln is returning..they are working on the show.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Gee, since when did everyone need to list their source or official confirmation of information given on the boards? There has been a lot of that lately, people asking for their source or why are you stating it as "fact." I think most people know the info given here is from many sources. Some people's info may come form a person who really does know what is going on. While some other info may be from a friend's friend of a friend who went to the restroom in Downtown Disney and heard a couple people talking at the sinks. I think it's good to hear whatever info people may have and want to offer it, but it can be a bit rude to always ask for their sources.

Sorry.. getting off the soap box now...

So one poster say's they are a former CM and they know its not happening. Another one says they know from WDI its happening, so take your pick..

me; i know it's on : )

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    I think it's good to hear whatever info people may have and want to offer it, but it can be a bit rude to always ask for their sources.
    Well said AaronInCal. I agree completely. There are always a lot of rumors out there... posting about them in here allows people to gain trust, to learn who really does have contacts. Asking for a source in these cases is just not feasible as we would like to protect these sources. Cut the people some slack and wait and see what happens.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by disneysnout View Post
    So one poster say's they are a former CM and they know its not happening. Another one says they know from WDI its happening, so take your pick..

me; i know it's on : )

All he said was that Washington and Obama weren't going to happen...he didn't say Lincoln wasn't returning...

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    All he said was that Washington and Obama weren't going to happen...he didn't say Lincoln wasn't returning...

exactly.. Lincoln is returning, I never said he wasnt... in fact if people check about 2-3 pages back I have a full discussion of whats going on

• Big Al fan

Lincoln is returning, check this thread out
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ater-year.html
    "There was.....blood on the saddle, and.....blood all around, and a great big, puddle of .....blood on the ground."

-Big Al-

Come visit my blog Disney in Review over at
    http://disneyfanreviews.blogspot.com/

• HauntedOne999

my post from over a week ago

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    True no official word on if the Gallery portion will be 2 floors but Lincoln will return. The rumors of Washington and Obama are only that. As for the Theater show... the binuaral "haircut" sound will not return. Either a new prologue will be made or one of the older versions will be put in (My vote is for the "Two Brothers" sequence). Also the AA segment is still in debate... projectors and effects from the original version and the Gettysburg version are still present
    Spoiler
    Even Lincoln himself is still on the stage...drained of all fluids, naked, skinless and hunched over in a box behind the screen. His chair is stored below the stage, along with a spare, next to a closet containing an emergency wardrobe for Lincoln and other Main Street figures...including Emerelda and "Tilly" the Cinema ticket taker

Now Technically only about 1/3 of the lobby will be taken. The spaces where Walt's offices were will be taken as well as the front wall of the lobby. As for the rear section where the capital model and the lincoln displays were... that will revert to that.
    Spoiler
    the Capital Model itself has to go thru some repair, due to damage from its 2005 removal. Apparently a large crack had formed when it was transported out of the lobby. The model is made of french cain stone, which is very porious and brittle.
    As for the current "Cast" video area and the display case near, this area will be mainly disneyland items and small cases will be in the center area (were the ticket books are currently). The current lobby area will have a CM but will no longer have spieling. The exit area that will soon become the entrance will go under renovation and get a few small exhibits and a new entrance. There is even a possibility of the Mad Hatter getting a small update.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool View Post
    25 February 2009
    Updated ‘Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln’ Will Return to Disneyland Later This Year

Disney Gallery Will Find a New Home
    In the Current ‘Bank of Main Street’

Hiatus for ‘Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years’
    Begins March 16 as Main Street Opera House Prepares
    For ‘Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln’ Homecoming

ANAHEIM, Calif. (February 25, 2009) – A longtime favorite of Disneyland guests will return as “The Disneyland Story, featuring Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln,” an enhanced version of the show which appeared, in various forms, in the Main Street Opera House at Disneyland park from 1966 through 2004 . The attraction will reopen later this year in celebration of the 200th anniversary year of Abraham Lincoln’s birth.

The current Opera House presentation, “Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years,” will go on hiatus beginning Monday, March 16, in preparation for the new “Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln” show. When the updated “Disneyland Story, featuring Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln” opens later this year, “Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years” will be presented as part of the “Disneyland Story” display of art, models and mementoes in the Opera House lobby.

Also planned for fall 2009 is a prominent new home on Main Street, U.S.A., for The Disney Gallery. Formerly located above Pirates of the Caribbean in New Orleans Square, The Disney Gallery houses treasured Disney artwork and collectibles representing creative efforts from throughout The Walt Disney Company. A frequently changing exhibit area often includes never-before-displayed art. The Disney Gallery’s new home will be in the Bank of Main Street building, located next door to the Main Street Opera House and currently serving as the headquarters for Disneyland Resort Annual Passport processing. The Bank will continue to operate as an Annual Passport center until mid-summer 2009. After that, Annual Passport processing will move to the Plaza Pavilion, near the entrance to Adventureland.

The original “Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln” was created by Walt Disney and his Imagineers for the State of Illinois Pavilion at the 1964 New York World’s Fair and featured the world’s first fully animated human Audio-Animatronics figure, built by Walt Disney Imagineering. The show, made its Disneyland debut in the Main Street Opera House on July 18, 1965.

Media Contact: Disneyland Resort Public Relations
    (714) 781-4500
    www.disneylandnews.com

I am glad that the Disney Gallery is returning. I always liked Mr. Lincoln.
    I do hope the new show is as good or better than the older ones.

And on Feb 13th, I first shared that Lincoln was coming back

Its Honest Abe's 200th, so honestly where's Abe??

Maybe you and I should work together Alpoe...we know what we are talking about :-)

• is too darn hot.

Seriously? The Disneyland Story feat. Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln? How does that fit?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• HauntedOne999

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    And on Feb 13th, I first shared that Lincoln was coming back

Its Honest Abe's 200th, so honestly where's Abe??

Maybe you and I should work together Alpoe...we know what we are talking about :-)

sounds good to me!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM