Page 61 of 201 FirstFirst ... 113651585960616263647186111161 ... LastLast

• is too darn hot.

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

HM usually goes down in September for the NBC makeover.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Captain Pineapple

Not sure if this has been reported, or is a concern to some of you guys... but the CM's Westside Diner has closed underneath POTC.

It's been reported over at MouseTimes:

There are reports from some Cast Members saying that Disney has closed down one of the cafeterias that are located under POTC “West Side Diner”. It is yet unknown why Disney has decided to close it down since it is the only diner for the CM on the West Side of the park. There is speculation that Disney has needed to expand the main Kitchen for the 2 New Orleans restaurants to help out with the demand; of course this comes at the expense of a place for Cast Members to take a brake and eat. No replacement is known yet.
    I wasn't sure if this was worth its own topic or not... Apparently it's been known to CMs for a month... but I think it sucks for them, because now that makes one less location to eat at, and a lot more sprinting on your breaks...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Que?! View Post
    Not sure if this has been reported, or is a concern to some of you guys... but the CM's Westside Diner has closed underneath POTC.

I wasn't sure if this was worth its own topic or not... Apparently it's been known to CMs for a month... but I think it sucks for them, because now that makes one less location to eat at, and a lot more sprinting on your breaks...
    Thanks for the news. I don't think I'll be giving this or the NOS Main Kitchen refurbishment its own entry though -- it shouldn't affect guests on stage, and guests won't be able to see it, so it isn't necessarily of much importance to us.

Is the West Side Diner closed for good, or is it only closed because of the NOS Main Kitchen refurb/expansion?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Captain Pineapple

From what I'm hearing its for good, but who knows, it could be just for the kitchen, or it could be permanent. I've heard it looked old and basically run-down... Hopefully some CMs could give more insight than me.

(As for not posting it, I knew it wasn't meant for the PT.. I just wasn't sure if it should have been its own topic or in here :P)

• I'm not really here

Definitely thanks for the info Mar-Que. Doesn't really apply to this thread in particular, but it is still good to know that the work is going on, or when things for CMs are closed. Thanks again!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

From what I'm hearing its for good, but who knows, it could be just for the kitchen, or it could be permanent. I've heard it looked old and basically run-down... Hopefully some CMs could give more insight than me.

(As for not posting it, I knew it wasn't meant for the PT.. I just wasn't sure if it should have been its own topic or in here :P)
    Interesting...

I just got confirmation that the closure is for good with a possible rebuilding in the future once the kitchen expansion is complete.

I can only imagine how this will impact CMs. It probably won't be very fun.

Thanks for the info, Mar-Que

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Diva Extrodinaire

Any news regarding the future of Aladdin's Oasis?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Banned User

Is Disney going to relocate Ariel's grotto over to California Adventure along with the Little Mermaid ride?

Where exactly "under" POTC is the CM's Westside Diner? I assume under one of the guest-level restaurants, but which one?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Where exactly "under" POTC is the CM's Westside Diner? I assume under one of the guest-level restaurants, but which one?
    I believe that the Westside Diner is close to being below the Bat En Rouge

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Well...they are bringing in alternate food options to west side while they work on getting a new location for the Westside Diner

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    HM usually goes down in September for the NBC makeover.
    There have been reports in HM threads that the Mansion won't be getting the HMH overlay this year, in honor of the 40th anniversary.

Dunno where they got that info.

• Hall Of Promise

I hear that rumor at least once a year. I wonder if there is just one person who keeps trying to start the rumor year after year.

• Banned User

I honestly think HMH will return as long as Tim Burton lets them do it. It's insanely popular, and the characters are still big sellers with no downfall in sight.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM