Page 66 of 201 FirstFirst ... 164156636465666768697691116166 ... LastLast

• The line's too long...

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I find it funny how Disneyland's Fantasmic! keeps getting all these new updates, but DHS isn't. Why is that? It seems like WDW always gets the short end of the stick on entertainment. I have never been there, but it makes me wonder why.
    They figure the tourists won't notice and will come regardless so why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by dl1955pounds View Post
    I was initially extremely skeptical, but if Steve Davison is doing this show, then it will be incredible. Remember was an absolutely revolutionary fireworks show, and I wouldn't expect anything less of Davison with this. My expectations have suddenly been raised, and I am no longer disappointed that Remember is leaving.
    I think it's going to be fun, but not as grand as RDCT.

The music they play on the clip is from a castle show at TDL from their 10th anniversary.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK35JTrUsQg]YouTube - Tokyo Disneyland 10th It's Magical #2 ??????????10?????????[/ame]

I find it funny how Disneyland's Fantasmic! keeps getting all these new updates, but DHS isn't. Why is that? It seems like WDW always gets the short end of the stick on entertainment. I have never been there, but it makes me wonder why.
    One rumor is that the WDW Fantasyland will get a make over and revamp all the dark rides. If that is so, I wonder if the DL versions will get some improved effects that come out of it? It would make sense to share the cost and spread the love to all the parks with the same rides.

• Member of Baxter's Army

It's WDW Management. They think when any attraction or show goes down People will complain and they will lose money. That is why WDW only refurbs rides when they are about to fall apart.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    It's WDW Management. They think when any attraction or show goes down People will complain and they will lose money. That is why WDW only refurbs rides when they are about to fall apart.
    Which then takes them longer than if they had just let it go down for regular refurbs in the first place, thus losing them more money.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Lowering Expectations

Disneyland Anaheim also needs reasons for the Annual Passholder crowd (and that crowd just keeps on getting bigger!) to come back to the resort again and again. That is exactly what Summer Nightastic! aimed to do. Suddenly everyone has a reason to see Fantasmic! again in a few months, and sooner than in a year or three, as would be the case for a WDW vacation.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Which then takes them longer than if they had just let it go down for regular refurbs in the first place, thus losing them more money.
    Exactly" but don't tell Erin Wallace that.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Exactly" but don't tell Erin Wallace that.
    Well, someone should. It would be funny to be in on that meeting when someone explains it to her using words no longer than 2 syllables and it finally dawns on her that her brilliant strategy to save money is actually costing more.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Well, someone should. It would be funny to be in on that meeting when someone explains it to her using words no longer than 2 syllables and it finally dawns on her that her brilliant strategy to save money is actually costing more.
    You would think after they re-did Haunted Mansion they would figure that out' but no. They even cut Fantasmic down to only twice a week at DHS now.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    The music they play on the clip is from a castle show at TDL from their 10th anniversary.
    It seems like they don't use any new material without rehashing it from other parks. I'm skeptical about the "new orchestra recordings" that are supposed to happen, because they also claimed the Electrical Parade is a new recording, even though it's 9 years old. Heck, half of Remember is a copy of Wishes (The cheesiest part, too).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gyz2WGxvQ]YouTube - Wishes[/ame]

• Banned User

Magical isn't all completely rehashed. There is going to be some new orchestration beside the theme music.

And, some people say Remember had no original material. Well, I believe the orchestrated parts during Walt's speech, Tiki room, electrical parade, etc. were original.

• Can Only Wish For More!

Quote Originally Posted by dl1955pounds View Post
    It seems like they don't use any new material without rehashing it from other parks. I'm skeptical about the "new orchestra recordings" that are supposed to happen, because they also claimed the Electrical Parade is a new recording, even though it's 9 years old. Heck, half of Remember is a copy of Wishes (The cheesiest part, too).

YouTube - Wishes

After watching this video, I feel like our little park isn't that special anymore. It was so strange to watch the whole "Remember" intro over the Walt Disney World castle. Grr, I don't like that!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    After watching this video, I feel like our little park isn't that special anymore. It was so strange to watch the whole "Remember" intro over the Walt Disney World castle. Grr, I don't like that!
    Disneyland's show might have reused the Wishes intro, but it made it so much better with Julie Andrews and her narration.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'm wishing I could actually see the fireworks instead of that castle.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm wishing I could actually see the fireworks instead of that castle.
    HAHA! I was thinking the same thing!

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM