Page 82 of 201 FirstFirst ... 3257727980818283848592107132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3011

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    I believe this is the door your referring.

Also if you look around the plants surrounding the rocks you can see some hidden vents or green boxes cover in bushes.
    Even with this photo, people may not see the door. It's down some steps in the break in the rocks at the right. Even the door was themed.

• Minion

Keeping a finger on the progress of the other Tomorrowland project, Cosmic Waves, we have this:

Four wooden structures have been erected around the granite ball, which I assume will be planters. They slope downward slightly in the direction of the big ball.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Any pipes going to the planters?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Any pipes going to the planters?
    Kind of looks like it.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

It would be so cool if this became something simmiler to the Epcot fountain. Maybe it will sync to the nearby imaginatron thingy up on the old platform? (If thats what its called)

Question Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Don't expect a return to 60s Tomorrowland. Astro Orbitor will most likely stay where it is (but the area around it would be changed) and a new type of attraction will go on the rocket jets platform (they are going to have to bulldoze and rebuild the struture anyway).
    do you mean that the central platform where the "observatron" currently sits is going to be torn out and re-constructed would that be to strengthen the foundation as to place the heavier Astro Orbiter mechanism or an entirely new ride?

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

Question Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

It would be so cool if this became something simmiler to the Epcot fountain. Maybe it will sync to the nearby imaginatron thingy up on the old platform? (If thats what its called)
    do those have jets that Jump through a series of planters in a seemingly continuos stream?

if sou that would be an interesting update to the fountains that were more of a distraction than a beautification previously

check me out on Flickr
    www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DznyFan17 View Post
    do those have jets that Jump through a series of planters in a seemingly continuos stream?

if sou that would be an interesting update to the fountains that were more of a distraction than a beautification previously
    Any idication that there are fountains in those planters was speculatory at best.... Were just hoping. And I meant observatron in my previous post, not imaginatron.

• I'm not really here

Lol thanks for the backup! Those kids were gonna eat me alive :P
    Oh, I knew about the door... I just didn't know where it went of what it was for, so I was asking what equipment specifically was down there. I assure you, I am genuinely curious I didn't doubt the existence of a space down there at all.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Lol I know but dramatics make it so much more exciting.

• I'm not really here

True, I could brandish a shovel menacingly if it helps...

I love the rockets... I think they've been updated as well. The previous incarnation was, as with the rest of the AO, mostly gold/rust/copper colored. These have blues and reds on them and they look gorgeous.

Did anyone else notice in mint's latest blog that the cover that went up under the Monorail track on the FNSV pathway is silvery? Didn't they used to be a flat whitish color?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Four wooden structures have been erected around the granite ball, which I assume will be planters. They slope downward slightly in the direction of the big ball.
    I would guess those are just forms for concrete - note the rebar on the inside. Although I'm confused as to why the wooden framing looks so finished, especially on top.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Did anyone else notice in mint's latest blog that the cover that went up under the Monorail track on the FNSV pathway is silvery? Didn't they used to be a flat whitish color?
    Yeah, I saw that, too! And it looks like they're replacing all of the covers through Fanstasyland, there? I think? Correct me, if I'm wrong- PLEASE. It just kinda looks like it.

• Disneyland History Lover

I checked out the AO today. The rockets weren't lifted, so I couldn't see them, but I did see the rest of it that's currently up. It looks pretty good in person. I'm still not a big fan of the ride, but the colors are a very creative combination and they do a lot more for the ride than the old colors did.

I saw that door as well in the rocks. Which to me means they serve a purpose other than just being decorative. Still don't like them one bit though.

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Also if you look around the plants surrounding the rocks you can see some hidden vents or green boxes cover in bushes.
    Are you sure those "green boxes" are not the parade route's subwoofer speakers? If they are the same green boxes that I am thinking of then that is what they most likely are.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM