Page 97 of 201 FirstFirst ... 477287949596979899100107122147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3011

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disneyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by rajbonham View Post
    ^^Woah, they're planning to completely tear down and rebuild the Disneyland hotel? Any more details on what the future hotel may look like?
    I think that was the last plan that Al Lutz described. I could very well be wrong.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Done waiting!!

Actually the most recent plan was an extensive refurb of the existing structures. Several rooms have recently been heavily renovated to serve as working examples of such a re-do. Some features that stood out were a deep blue paint exterior paint/tint scheme as well as modifying the balcony section if I recall.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• I read the news today...

^Ah, I see, very interesting.
    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rajbonham View Post
    ^^Woah, they're planning to completely tear down and rebuild the Disneyland hotel? Any more details on what the future hotel may look like?
    In addition to what the posters above mentioned, the towers will be completely restyled to "mid-century modern," or the retro, contemporary style of the 1950s... thus paying tribute to the Hotel's roots. The towers will be stripped and rebuilt one at a time to maximize guest capacity. That is, should this plan still be in motion, which I certainly hope it is.

• Fastest Man Alive

From the LA Times http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disneyland-hotel-4646/. Also includes a nice picture of the new rooms.

Sounds like the towers are getting heavily renovated but not being torn down. A big deal is made by a lightup Sleeping Beauty Castle headboard. Flat screen TVs and such. In addition to the going away of the faux balconies and adding energy efficient dual pane windows the hotel will finally get an infrastructure upgrade. New plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical systems will be installed.
    Sounds like 1 tower will be done at a time, starting with the Dreams tower which is supposed to be completed in June 2010.

• Senior Minion

Cool, sounds like the hotel plans are pretty official, will Disney be making an official announcement this week?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Fireworks Finatic!

Sounds like the made the official announcements today through the media.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    From the LA Times http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/disneyland-hotel-4646/. Also includes a nice picture of the new rooms.

Sounds like the towers are getting heavily renovated but not being torn down. A big deal is made by a lightup Sleeping Beauty Castle headboard. Flat screen TVs and such. In addition to the going away of the faux balconies and adding energy efficient dual pane windows the hotel will finally get an infrastructure upgrade. New plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical systems will be installed.
    Sounds like 1 tower will be done at a time, starting with the Dreams tower which is supposed to be completed in June 2010.
    Yep. I've updated the OP accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Cool, sounds like the hotel plans are pretty official, will Disney be making an official announcement this week?
    Disney issued a press release and a couple publicity photos of the new rooms. I've posted them in another thread here: Disney announces multi-phase Disneyland Hotel renovation beginning in August

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Senior Minion

Thanks MG, I saw the other thread right after I posted that.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

those rooms look freakin awesome. i am totally booking my trip in 2010 at the Disneyland Hotel
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

^Just remember, only the first section of this makeover will be finished by then. So, it is entirely possible that you will get one of the old rooms.

• ...and sometimes why.

The second street to the right all the way till morning blvd.

Aww.. too bad the railing and the sliding glass doors will be removed though. I liked takin breaths of fresh air all the way up there, watchin all the ppl go by.

• We Go On.

The good thing about having no faux balcony is the unobstructed views. However, one of the models built into a tower looks like it has a full balcony. Was this just an idea, or will there be full balcony suites?

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Any idea if the other areas (pool, arcades, restaurants, grounds) will be getting touch ups? Some ESPECIALLY tired looking areas are the exterior of the Grand Ball Room, the ugly (empty) Fantasy Waters area, the massive lobby area outside the entrance to Steak House 55 / Goofy's Kitchen and the south side of the Entertainment Building facing the Cove Pools.

I always throught that the Fantasy Waters area could be converted into a cool (very large) themed Fantasia fountain with dancing waters, brooms, Sorcerer Mickey, etc.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• We Go On.

I think they should take a cue from the TDL Hotel landscaping. I think it's a fresh look that would fit the hotel perfectly.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
  2. 08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
  3. 07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  4. 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
  5. 07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
  6. 06-26-2009, 01:06 PM
  7. 05-02-2009, 12:17 PM
  8. 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
  9. 03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
  10. 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM
  11. 03-04-2009, 09:20 AM