How much is too much?

I noticed that Disney has increased all ticket prices. Where does it stop, how much is too much? At what price do you consider not buying tickets or AP's?

We have 6 ppl to buy for so if they get over $400 a ticket we will have to think twice before we renew our aps.

Sitting on Pooh's pot

• =)

Re: How much is too much?

Once ticket sales start on a definite, unwavering decline, the financial people at Disney will eventually catch on. Then marketing will create a fabulous new extravaganza and lower the ticket prices a little, just because we, the guests customers, "deserve it."

I'm sure there will come a tipping point, if there's no advancement, or the Park stops evolving with new attractions and more exciting promotional campaigns...more exciting than the one they've got going presently !

If there's nothing all that new going on, and you don't have something like a 50th anniversary, then a price increase is just going to be all the more painful.......

For me, in the past years, it's been the all-new Space Mtn. Submarine, and the fact that I'd been away from the resort for 25 years (2004)..... which had influenced me to buy week-long Park Hoppers, once a year. And, I was getting what I considered, great deals on 7-8 Day hooper tickets.

Those days are sort of over, and with increased construction and no new attractions...I'm down to a 3-day Park Hopper , and so by 2009, I ask myself will I take it down to a two, or one-day?

If there's nothing new, and even more construction, maybe. At that point it's not a multi-day destination for me, anymore. IMHO

• Senior Minion

Well thankfully I only have to take myself into consideration, and so far I'm going to be renewing my AP this year as well. I do think it is getting a bit steep, and there is a limit to where I will go ... but luckily it hasn't gotten there ... yet.

Since I live about 30 minutes away (on a good traffic day) I go frequently, so my AP more then pays for itself with just a few visits. Also, I tend to go visit the park as my primary source of entertainment so I don't spend much on other things like trips out of state, movies, etc., ...

•   
    • Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Well thankfully I only have to take myself into consideration, and so far I'm going to be renewing my AP this year as well. I do think it is getting a bit steep, and there is a limit to where I will go ... but luckily it hasn't gotten there ... yet.

Since I live about 30 minutes away (on a good traffic day) I go frequently, so my AP more then pays for itself with just a few visits. Also, I tend to go visit the park as my primary source of entertainment so I don't spend much on other things like trips out of state, movies, etc., ...
    Perfect. Even with the addition of having to buy tickets for a family, Liz's post still applies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

I think the way Small World proceeds is going to be very revealing, to a lot of people. Especially if Small World construction walls don't come down as promised, by November (December?) .

OK, they've increased the ticket prices, but you've got construction walls around Small World, so do people feel like they're paying more for less ?

If they can't bring Small World back on line by the promised date (or within a couple of weeks of the promised date).....then I think that sets the tone for the rest of the Resort, at a time, when they've got , or getting ready to put much of DCA under construction walls, for what seems to be many years to come.

My sense is that people will pay more, if they feel they are getting more. Seeing a bunch of eyesore construction walls......that doesn't feel like 'more' to me.

• Cake Anyone?

For me it will get to be too much when the rumor I heard about the AP prices going to $500 and Disney doing a payment plan actually come to fruition.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 6packinthepark View Post
    At what price do you consider not buying tickets or AP's?
    About 10 years ago.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."