Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New guy on the block.

Hi everyone ! I'm a long time lurker , first time poster.
    We are going to Anaheim from November 16th through to 23rd november and could you have a look at our plans and tell me what you think ? Any suggestions ?

Sun - Disneyland.
    Mon - Legoland with Greyline tours
    Tues. -Disneyland.
    Wed. - Disneyland
    Thurs.-Universal Studios with Greyline tours
    Frid. - Disneyland (I think POTC and Blue Bayou are re-opening today ? )
    Sat/sun - more disneyland , mostly to see Fantasia and parades ect

Thanks !

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: New guy on the block.

my suggestion, find a day to either only go 1/2 the day or take the whole day off, if you don't your going to be exhausted!

also, take breaks when your at Disneyland at about 3 pm, go to the hotel and rest up, then go back for the second half of the day. If your hotel has a minifridge, get food outside the parks to eat as it gets very expensive. lastly if you plan on eating at the blue bayou, call and make reservations now, if it's a special day, let them know when you call.

Blog Entries

I think your schedule looks great but I would say just take your time and don't feel you have to plan everything. I think too much planing can make it more of a task than a day of fun..

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

You have about 5 days set for Disneyland/ California Adventure. The great thing about that is that you don't have to spend every open moment in the park. You can ride a few rides and go back to the hotel and swim, eat, etc. It gives you a lot more flexibility.

Welcome, and as a word of warning, you said you wanted to see Fantasia. It's not called that it's callled Fantasmic! (and yes, it always has an exclamation point). Some will eat you alive for making this mistake. It's like saying auto-topia
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Minion

Blog Entries

this is probably a stupid warning, but we are in different hemispheres so it will be colder here in November....like i said, stupid, but some people don't know that!

Thanks everyone for your input .
    We will go back to the hotel for about 3hrs everyday to avoid burnout !
    I have no idea why I wrote fantasia , Eric 5675 , I think I'd better check and re-check my posts before I send !

One last thing , do you know any good places that sell beef ribs in the area?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

What are the ages of kids in your group. Just asking since you are going to Legoland. Personally, I think Sea World would be a better choice. Just a thought, unless someone in the group is a real legomaniac

Aladdin , my two boys are 8 and 6 years old and threaten mutiny if we don't make Legoland a priority.
    They love it !

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Sounds like a really good plan to me.

It sounds to me like you'll be going to Disneyland for six days?

Might I suggest you take one of those days out and maybe break it up a little more and see another site nearby - maybe a trip to the ocean for a day? Or even Knott's?

I love Disneyland and all, but I just cannot help feeling you would be just a tad - a tad! - tired of the place after day five.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Although, then again, you are going to be there during the park's busier time of year (Thanksgiving) so you might not get to experience as much per day as you would at a quieter time of the year SO you might be needing all those days to do everything to your heart's content.

Regardless of what you decide to do, just remember too not plan out to much of this trip - crazy as it sounds. Disneyland is, in my opinion, best enjoyed by a very loose schedule, if one at all. You never really know what problems may arise - I say just take it day by day and soak up the park as much as you can. Have fun!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Welcome!

My only advice is to make note of the Legoland park hours. They close early, even during peak periods, so plan on being there when it opens.

Tony Roma's has good ribs and there is one across Harbor Blvd from DL.

And, as always, have a g'day!
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by kanudiget View Post
    Thanks everyone for your input .
    We will go back to the hotel for about 3hrs everyday to avoid burnout !
    I have no idea why I wrote fantasia , Eric 5675 , I think I'd better check and re-check my posts before I send !

One last thing , do you know any good places that sell beef ribs in the area?
    I don't care what you call Fantasmic! I'm not too much a fan of that show so it doesn't bother me.

Anyway, for ribs the obvious choice is Tony Roma's, which is across the street from Disneyland on Harbor Blvd. It is good, although I think it is a bit over-rated. My personal favorite is Claim Jumper. The closest location to DL is at 2250 17th Street in Santa Ana, about 6 or 7 miles from Disneyland. They have huge selections so come with an appetite! If you want a nice place with a wonderful view try the Orange County Mining Company at 10000 Crawford Canyon Rd. in the city of Orange. It occupies the site of an abandoned silver mine from the 1800s. It is a good drive about 20 minutes east of Anaheim off of Chapman Ave., but the reward is its hilltop location that has a wonderful view of Orange and Anaheim and the other cities below. I was checking their menu online and it looks like they only have baby back ribs, although I remember eating beef ribs when I went several years ago. (Maybe call ahead to be sure).

So there are some suggestions. Have a good trip and pace yourself. No need to rush!

• Disneymom

we completely love the ribs at Pilot's grill in California adventure. The prices there are reasonable and the ribs are to die for. It is one of our must eat at places in the park. The other must eat place is the fried chicken in the Plaza in Disneyland.

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Welcome!

Tony Roma's has good ribs and there is one across Harbor Blvd from DL.

And, as always, have a g'day!
    I was just going to suggest that! Tony Roma's is great and we have always been happy with the service. Welcome to MiceChat! Glad to see you are posting.

Not knowing if you have been to DL before I will make this suggestion. If there are rides or events that you "HAVE TO" see, then make plans to make sure you do those. Everything else wing it. I so admire those trip reports I read where they are here, then hey lets go there, now how about back over here. They have more fun and don't get stressed. I try to over plan and I drive my family nuts!!!

Have fun and can't wait to see the trip report!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

And if you want to see the firerworks I suggest trying to see them on the first night they are shown. The fall and winter tends to be the windiest time of year here, and the fireworks frequently get cancelled because of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast