• Banned User

Crowds for Mickey's Trick-or-Treat

So.....

I've read the posts about when the best time to go to DLR is (Septober or May), and we are thinking strongly about going around the first part of October. My question is this....How does the Mickey's Trick-or-Treat event impact park attendance and wait times? Which does it impact more, DCA or DL? Which of the weeks in October should I shoot for? I've heard that the last week of September is no good because some rides are down for the redecoration.

FYI, we will be attending Monday thru Thursday, no matter when we decide to go.

Lastly, how much better are the crowds in May than October? (Better=less people)

• Shubisha

Re: Crowds for Mickey's Trick-or-Treat

Mickey's Trick or Treat party won't effect park attendance at all really during normal operating hours as it's mostly locals who show up just for that event at night. Perhaps it makes slightly less people in Disneyland but not really a noticeable difference.

• Senior Minion

It does seem to make it more busy at DL for a couple hours before the event starts but Friday is by far the worst so you should be fine. That's a pretty good time to go.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I don't think Mickey's Halloween Treat affects the park that much. The Trick or Treat event is a separate ticket, and is exclusive to DCA. There might be a few more people in Disneyland while the event is going on since they can't get into DCA without a ticket to the Trick or Treat event, but if you're going mid week, you should be find crowd wise.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I don't think Mickey's Halloween Treat affects the park that much. The Trick or Treat event is a separate ticket, and is exclusive to DCA. There might be a few more people in Disneyland while the event is going on since they can't get into DCA without a ticket to the Trick or Treat event, but if you're going mid week, you should be find crowd wise.
    So does this mean that even if I have a park hopper pass, I can't get into DCA in the evening? What, do I get booted out if I'm there already? Do they not offer park hoppers during that time? How does this work?

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    So does this mean that even if I have a park hopper pass, I can't get into DCA in the evening? What, do I get booted out if I'm there already? Do they not offer park hoppers during that time? How does this work?
    If you are in DCA and it is on a Halloween Treat night, you will be asked to leave the park. Not quite sure exactly how this happens, but I am guessing that security does a sweep from the back of the park to the front and has all guests exit. To gain entrance to Mickey's Halloween Treat, you must purchase a separate ticket via website or at the ticket booths. I'm not positive about this, as I have never been... could be that they have certain areas roped off for the event.

Also, DCA is open throughout the day on nights of the Halloween Treat, it just closes a little bit earlier. Here is the site if you want more information. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ecialOfferPage

If you still need more answers, call Guest Relations at DLR and they will be happy to give you all the information you need. Always helps to go directly to the source. Hope this helps.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Shubisha

DCA closes early on those nights. It's just like when Disneyland closes early for Grad Nites. It's nothing complicated :P

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disney-fan-reborn View Post
    Pretty much what Haunted Hottie said.

DCA closes early on the nights they do the Halloween Trick or Treating. They still sell park hoppers, as you can still get into DCA until they close. I think its about an hour or so before the Halloween Treat starts that they close... maybe a bit more in order to get everyone out of the park and get ready for the special event.

I went to one of the Halloween Treats in DCA last year with some other MiceChatters. You pretty much have the entire park, but all of the rides may or may not be open. (We didn't do many rides). There will be several places set up in the park for live entertainment, and there are stations in various locations that give out candy or treats. Last year in addition to the candy they gave out bags of cut apples. If you don't have a bag, they give you one as you go into the park.

Also down at the bottom of the page you will see links to similar threads on the topic that have been started recently.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.