Thread: Billys question

• Done waiting!!

Billys question

I was just wondering if the Billys from the Golden Horseshoe are a group separate from Disney that contracts with DL as a whole, or are they each individually auditioned and hired CMs (like the Dapper Dans)? I'm not assuming I could hire them for my wedding but I've always wondered. Thanks!
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• =)

Re: Billys question

Interesting question. I would think they must be hired specifically and individually by Disney; they couldn't be their own group. But it'll be interesting to get an official answer.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

They are their own group. Now that the Orange County Fair is over, the fairgrounds have returned to holding its swap meet there. The Billys held two performances there the day before yesterday.

• I'm the Doctor

Yea, the Billy's do lots of shows all over the place. A mention ive seen some of them in the Miner music act at DCA

• =)

Interesting! Guess I was wrong.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I think the answer is a very murky "Yes". "Billy and the Hillbillies" <link> is a seperate entity that does performances all over, and "Billy Hill and the Hillbillies" <link> is the Disneyland variant. (And they really need to update that picture, Evan Marshall {Mandolin Billy} hasn't been playin' the Shoe for several years.)

Who "Owns" the show, how they licensed the show, and who pays whom are questions that I don't know the answer to, and are maybe best left unasked (though I could make an educated guess) - But the Billy alternates and subs are drawn from both outside the park and from the regular Disneyland Entertainment Department talent pool. Or they get noticed and tossed into the pool - not quite sure how that works.

Goofypirate: You might not be able to get 'Billy HILL and the Hillbillies' to do your wedding, but 'Billy and the Hillbillies' could probably be arranged. Or a subset of the above, or a bunch of their friends - heck, I know where Elvis <Link> is hiding...

Google around, you'll find ways to find out what's going on <link> and get in touch with agents and producers, and they can make a show happen.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1