Is February a good month at DLR?

I'm wanting opinions about the month of February. We always go in the off season, Ocotber, November, and early December, but we are wanting to go with the kids when the Haunted mansion is acctually the Haunted Mansion and not the Nightmare Before Christmas (which I hate). I would love to hear people's pro's and con's. We are a family of 6, (4kids ages 8,6,4,2). So lets hear is about February? Whats the weather like? Ride closures? etc....

• Here Comes Trouble

Re: Is February a good month at DLR?

Probably a good time, yes, although Newport-Mesa School District is closed for "Presidents Week" (yes, can you believe it) the week of President's Day. I'm not sure about other OC school districts.

Also good about February is it will be berore Spring break(s) begin.

Be sure to check the refurb schedules and hours though!
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

I went February 2006, and it was quite nice crowd wise. The weather was also very good, very mild. However, the Haunted Mansion was closed for refurbishment.

To avoid disappoint, I would recommend you try and find out what rides are scheduled to be closed due to refurbishment.

Have a great trip!

Feb. is a good month to go for low crowds and since your kids are little the shorter hours should work for your family. I always try to go overnight in Feb. since the hotel rates are usually cheaper too with good AP rates.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

February is a great time to go, but the parks will be closing early during the week. And if it was ever going to rain, it rains in February here.

Newport-Mesa schools do have that week off from school, but the other districts have 2 three day weekends instead. Newport-Mesa combined theirs into a full week instead, and I sure miss working that calendar! :lol;
    A signature should go here.

Quote Originally Posted by gygantor360 View Post
    I'm wanting opinions about the month of February. We always go in the off season, Ocotber, November, and early December, but we are wanting to go with the kids when the Haunted mansion is acctually the Haunted Mansion and not the Nightmare Before Christmas (which I hate). I would love to hear people's pro's and con's. We are a family of 6, (4kids ages 8,6,4,2). So lets hear is about February? Whats the weather like? Ride closures? etc....
    I agree with you, the Jack HM overlay was neat to see once, but we much prefer the normal HM (unfortunately since we usually go in November we are stuck with it). However, this year we also added a trip in early March which was very pleasant. Nice weather, small crowds, and no Jack overlay!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I love February. Not very crowded and ideal weather. We do get occasional rain at that time but if you can brave a few showers, the crowd is next to nothing!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Unless it's a freekeshly bad El Nino year, the weather can very well be 70 degrees and sunny. I LOVE February in the park!

Last trip was in February of this year. Crowds were very good with just enough other guests to give the park enough life without LONG lines.

Only down part was the weather. It was not cold but not quite warm enough for shorts every day.

Thanks for the insight. Rain is no problem, We had two rainy days on our last trip and we just all wore rain pancho's. Our favorite memory is riding Screamin in the rain, and then splash mountain 3 times in a row. The kids will never forget it.