Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can we do something for Aladdin cast's final show?

I'm fairly new to the boards and haven't met any of you except for Dan - Tasmic! and Luke Manning, but I wanted to ask...

Monday Sept. 1 at 5:50PM is the final performance of Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular with the current cast. I've posted my love for this sensational show and its wonderful cast before(http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ast-95545.html).

Is there some way we can celebrate the final performance? My wife and I are going, but is there something bigger that we can all take part in. Maybe just a meet up, maybe more. Are any of you cast members that perhaps know if something special is planned as a send off that we can send fond wishes too?

Until TSMM, this was our favorite reason for going to DCA, and we'd love if the final performance could be a bit more than just my wife and I cheering our heads off.

Also, a more basic question... does anyone know which parts are being recast? Is it just a couple of people or is it the entire ensemble?

• Banned User

Re: Can we do something for Aladdin cast's final show?

I don't know if anything might be happening Chuck, but I will be at the Resort that day, so I'd love to see that performance!

Excellent. That makes 3. Who else?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by figmentgoofy View Post
    Excellent. That makes 3. Who else?
    No promises at the moment though. Depends what I'm doing that day.

Get the cast a card, or make them a card if youre artistically inclined, and handy with a computer , make a card - and then give it to a CM to get it backstage. The cast will appreciate your gesture Im sure.

I would be surprised if the entire cast were being replaced. I have no information on it, but Im sure they just have new ensemble here and there, and maybe a lead or two or understudies/covers.

No way! I missed it? I knew I should have dragged my family to see it last time we where in DCA.

Anyone know what they are replacing it with?

EDIT: Am I misunderstanding and their just getting a new cast and keeping the play? Because that play is on the top of my list of things to do.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Hopefully you can pull something off. Good luck!
    Last edited by astrologic; 08-11-2008 at 07:48 PM.

youre reading this wrong.
    The Aladdin show isnt closing for good.
    Its going down for a refurb of sorts, to rehearse new cast and put them into the show.
    The show will return. Aladdin will come back.
    There has yet to be word on what will eventually replace it tho, whenever it truly comes to an end.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Clawdee View Post
    No way! I missed it? I knew I should have dragged my family to see it last time we where in DCA.

EDIT: Am I misunderstanding and their just getting a new cast and keeping the play? Because that play is on the top of my list of things to do.
    Just a new cast... For Now

Smile Re: Can we do something for Aladdin cast's final show?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Thank gawd =D Hope it's back by December (shouldn't take that long should it?)

And thank you for clarifying for my tired eyes XD

• Banned User

Thank gawd =D Hope it's back by December (shouldn't take that long should it?)

And thank you for clarifying for my tired eyes XD
    You're welcome... And it's currently scheduled to return December 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Hmm. I liked the old cast- the older opening singer alongside the camel, the black Jafar, and the deeper voiced older Sultan.
    The cast for them now just seems... not in place. But everyone else I love going to see.

Erm, it's a musical not a "play"

Quote Originally Posted by girrrtacos View Post
    Hmm. I liked the old cast- the older opening singer alongside the camel, the black Jafar, and the deeper voiced older Sultan.
    The cast for them now just seems... not in place. But everyone else I love going to see.
    First of all the guy alongside the camel also plays the Sultan. And the Black Jafar is still there. Every part is double cast, so sometimes you get Lance Roberts, the awesome black Jafar, and sometimes you get white Jafar.

I truly hope Lance (and the 'bulkier' genie) stick around. I'd really miss them.

EDIT: I just found the audition posting. They're casting for all parts.

SEEKING:

MALE (18 to 22) - Aladdin. 5'7"-5'11", good physique, good-looking guy filled with teenage charm and appeal, great charisma, clever, survives on the streets of Agrabah, baritone/tenor with a youthful sound;

FEMALE (18 to 22) - Jasmine. 5'2"-5'6", beautiful, exotic, independent, feisty princess, desperately longs to experience life beyond the castle walls, soprano with strong mix, classic Disney princess sound;

MALE (26 to 40) - Genie. charismatic and full of energy, great celebrity impressionist, quickly transforms from character to character, genuinely pained by his lack of freedom, especially seeking actors with extensive improv and/or standup comedy background, must carry a tune;

MALE (35 to 55) - Jafar. 6'0"+, commanding and menacing presence, great classical actor, the ultimate Disney villain, lusts for power, desires Jasmine, deep rich voice, classical training, opera, and/or operetta background a plus, bass/baritone with deep rich voice;

MALE (50 and over) - Sultan/Narrator. performs both roles, great actor, Narrator has a mysterious and engaging presence, must connect well with an audience, and Sultan is a kind and benevolent man with great love for his daughter Jasmine, baritone/tenor;

MALE (26 to 40) - Iago. great character actor with strong comedic timing, classic wise-cracking, "fowl-feathered," annoying sidekick to Jafar, always has some thing to say, puppetry skills preferred;

MALES and FEMALES - Chorus Singers. must have strong acting and movement skills, strong contemporary musical theater vocal technique, may understudy principal/featured roles;

FEMALE - Magic Carpet. 4'9"-5'3", adorable, physically expressive mimic, joyfully speaks volumes without saying a word, tumbling a plus, strong dancer, perky, Genie’s sidekick, enthusiastic, endearing, loyal, principal/featured role;
    Last edited by figmentgoofy; 08-11-2008 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by figmentgoofy View Post
    the guy alongside the camel also plays the Sultan.
    Hm- last time I saw the show (a couple weeks ago) it was a woman alongside the camel. I've seen the show many times and it was the first I've seen a girl do the opening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast