• Done waiting!!

Prince of Persia, ideas?

According to an article in Variety, the next Disney (hopefully) franchise is the Bruckheimer-produced "Prince of Persia" to be released in 2010. The article states that Disney's hoping that the film is successful enough for all the various tie-ins including a theme park attraction. Obviously this is all very Blue Sky right now but what kind of attraction could they pull off? Certainly the film's most appropriate for Adventureland but that's really lacking available real estate. They would almost have to do like Indy where the queue leads past the berm to a show building. Any ideas?

p.s. No touching the Tiki Room but I'd be okay with taking out modifying the treehouse.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• =)

Re: Prince of Persia, ideas?

They'd have to build in Adventureland for it to be thematically appropriate, and in order to do that, they'd need to either replace something within the onstage areas of the land or build outside the berm, and to build outside the berm, they'd need one heck of a long passageway--longer than the Indy queue--that would pass beneath or above the Indy queue and then continue on for a ways, probably as a covered footbridge over backstage, into a show building where DDS is right now, west of Indy. With a walk that long, you may as well walk to Persia and experience the real thing for yourself instead.

• Done waiting!!

There's really only three slightly viable location for a show building of any size:
    One would be between the Indy building and the "upstairs" show building for PoC. Problems are its right over the berm (and therefore the railroad tracks), it could only be about half the size of Indy's building (unless it goes taller or deeper), and it would need some great camo to not be seen from the Jungle Cruise.
    Another possibility would be to build on the east side of the Indy building. Problems are the queue would be even longer than Indy's (unless the ride vehicles went out to the building like TSMM) and it would require at least part of the lockers/restrooms/guest relations building to be relocated although that wouldn't be too monumental.
    The third and least likely place would be to ditch Aladdin's Oasis (now the Indy show) and make that the queue to a long skinny building that went between the JC and the back of the west Main Street buildings. Problems with that are basically there isn't room for anything decent without heavily modifying the JC (again) and I'm guessing the backstage pathway there is probably critical to supplying the stores there.
    No matter how you slice it there's no good option, but then again the Mouse has been pretty creative with buildings before (see: Indy, Splash Mountain, Subs, Alice/Mr. Toad).
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Directly directed

So what exactly is Prince of Persia about? I know that it's based on a video game and staring Jake Gyllenhaal and there are going to be three if the first one is successful, but aside from that I know nothing.

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

basic plot of the game:

Passing through India en route to Azad, King Shahraman and his son, the Prince of Persia, defeat the powerful Maharajah of India with the promise of honor and glory. After looting the city and capturing a giant hourglass full of sand, a mysterious dagger, and the Maharajah's daughter Farah along with other treasures, they continue to Azad. A dying Vizier, who had betrayed the Maharajah and aided King Shahraman in return for a share of the spoils, demands to have the dagger, as he was promised his choice of the Maharajah's treasures. Shahraman refuses to take the dagger from his son, who captured it first. He is also denied the hourglass itself, which is to go to the sultan of Azad as a gift. The Vizier wishes to harness the power of the Sands in the hourglass for himself, and tricks the Prince into opening the hourglass in Azad. When the Prince uses the dagger to unleash the Sands of Time from the hourglass, the Sands destroy the kingdom and turn all living beings into hideous sand creatures. Only the Prince, the Vizier, and Princess Farah, the kidnapped daughter of the Maharajah, remain unchanged due to their possessions; the Prince's dagger, the Vizier's staff, and Farah's Medallion.

and from their, the adventure starts.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• A Honorary Autobot

I've got an easy solution: Insert Jake Gyllenhaal AA's throughout POTC...

• =)

Your first option, goofypirate, would be nigh impossible, unfortunately--I mean, part of the Indy queue already goes beneath that area, and camouflaging it would be difficult, as you said, and there'd need to be a way for guests to get up above the railroad tracks, and it's not a big space. Your second option...building on the east side seems even less wise than building to the west of Indy to me, actually. Space is even more limited. As far as building between the JC and Main Street goes...it's already narrow back there. It's just an asphalt walkway with the mini-berm of the JC right up against it. And the problem with a long, skinny show building is that you really only have half of its width to work with for any given scene, since you have to bring the guests back. (Unless you build the track in the shape of a conveyor belt... )

Sorry to be shooting down your ideas like this, man! Just trying to be realistic.

• Senior Minion

I really can't see a major attraction going into DL's Adventureland. Fortunately, this attraction already has a space in my third gate plan.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• revolutionary waltz

Although I'm familiar with the Prince of Persia video games and do recognize that there are major differences in characters, tone, story, etc. between the two, I can't help but think that having a Prince of Persia attraction might lead to too much confusion between the Aladdin and the Prince of Persia series.

Any which way, I do think that the series could lend to a particularly thrilling roller-coaster ride. A great deal of parkour-like moves are employed by the Prince such as wall-running, and conceivably a timing element could be added since a great part of the gameplay in the first game (and consequently, the movie, I'd hope) is that the "sands of time" allow the Prince to "reverse" time, among other things. There's a lot of things that could be done with the ride, conceivably concerning the powers held within the game by the Prince.
    Last edited by TwilitWings; 08-12-2008 at 06:16 PM.