Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Senior Monorail Minion

Haunted Mansion Queue Effects

While some may say this belongs in "thread 3 it's looking foward, not back, so I think it doesn't...

Okay, what effects would you like to see in the queue of the HM. I'd like to see fog in places, and the trench/ emergency exit mousoleum cleaned up a little. I'd also like to see the windows flicker occasionally, and something done with the switchbacks. Those look very out of place for a HM, don't you think? What would you like to see?

Oh, I'd also like to see the hill behind the switchbacks get some sort of effect... tombstones... anything really

So what would you all like to see?
    Last edited by Eric5675; 08-12-2008 at 09:38 AM.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• I'm not really here

Re: Haunted Mansion Queue Effects

I would love to see some ground fog at night. Not on the queue itself, but on the train tunnel hill and in the grassy areas. I think that would be awesome.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Knight that says Nee!!

I would love to see some mist/image effects or other type of ghostly "hologram" effects done around the HM property at night.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I would love to see some ground fog at night. Not on the queue itself, but on the train tunnel hill and in the grassy areas. I think that would be awesome.
    They actually used to do this for HMH but sadly they removed it. One of the most awesome spooky effects they ever did at the Haunted Mansion.

• I'm not really here

Oh man, I want to see that. I've always thought it would look way spooky with some good fog. And some lightning or something.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Still lost in Neverland

They used to have not only the fog on the hill at the back, but tombstones as well. There used to be flickering lights in the upstairs windows (2 I think) and sometimes you could see a shadowy shape moving in front of the light. It was neat and gave you something to look for/at while waiting in the queue line. It was best at night.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Brand new CM!

I think i remember seeing fog on that back hill. It looked super cool!!!
    Anyone know why they removed it?
    I Donald Duck!

I would also love to see some fog around the grounds. Some gravestones or statuary on the hillside would be nice. Maybe a wrought iron gazebo to pass through in the rear part of the exterior queue. I wish, too, that they'd have more atmospheric lighting on the mansion exterior at night like they have done for special events. (I have a great photo of the mansion at night with fog and colored theatrical lighting done for some event.) Some occasional lightening & thunder effects would be neat, too. Of course, it would be great if they restored the upstairs candle effect where it appeared that a ghostly candle was moving from room to room.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

They have used the fog effect at some of the Haunted Mansion Holiday special events, but I'm not sure if they were maintained throughout the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Ooh, how cool would that be? I believe they used to show it like that on their vacation planning videos. WDW's, anyway.

• MC, this is LD

That fog would be so Friggin cool!!!!!

WDI could project onto it...

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    They have used the fog effect at some of the Haunted Mansion Holiday special events, but I'm not sure if they were maintained throughout the entire season.
    No, they didn't maintain the event fog or lighting past the events. They did have fog on the back hillside, along with the jack o'lanterns, for awhile the first year of HMH, when it first opened. But, it didn't last too long before it was gone. I've only seen fog in the front yard for special Haunted Mansion events and back during the fabulous 1995 & 1996 Halloween events in Disneyland.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    No, they didn't maintain the event fog or lighting past the events. They did have fog on the back hillside, along with the jack o'lanterns, for awhile the first year of HMH, when it first opened. But, it didn't last too long before it was gone. I've only seen fog in the front yard for special Haunted Mansion events and back during the fabulous 1995 & 1996 Halloween events in Disneyland.
    Such a wasted opportunity too. A simple thing like that adds so much atmosphere. I remember when they had fog with the flickering pumpkins, it was absolutely amazing because it was the same fog from pirates and it would roll down the hill.

• =)

Fog rolling down the berm would be cool, mostly in the morning and at night, for the sake of realism. Do it in the middle of the day, and it kinda looks like...well, like someone left a fog machine running. It should be relatively easy to install the machines again, though, since the show building goes right up into the berm on the other side. You've got a great big flat roof to put the fog machines on, and they'd be just barely hidden below the ridge.

However, the headstones on the berm are more important to me. They need to be brought back.

I would love to see some mist/image effects or other type of ghostly "hologram" effects done around the HM property at night.
    They're not holograms--they're Pepper's Ghost effects, which are rather problematic when space is limited and you've got guests walking right past them constantly and CMs trying to get to and from backstage areas. It's a pity, but perhaps it's for the best. After all, the mansion exterior isn't supposed to be too overtly haunted. The real chills come later...

This suggestion is while in the stretching room when the guy falls from the rope --- I wish they would time the falling scream correctly so it doesn't sound like he is falling and falling and falling (shouldn't he have hit the ground by now?) and falling and falling and then BAM!

That bugs me! But only a little...

I want to hear the wind sound outside (yenno, the one that goes with the music inside)... Maybe a sound of a horse where the invisible horse is to freak people out.

Also, I'd like to have some fog outside and maybe some figures in the windows above with some creepy light effects.

I also want the tombstones that come to life every now and then like the HM in WDW. Cool stuff!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast