Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Rather Be At Disneyland

Extrordinary CMs

In response to the Rude CMs thread, I want to hear some positive stories! I know that there are a lot of great Disney Cast Members out there who can spread the Disney magic. Have you encountered any such CMs? I have a few stories.

A few years ago for my 19th Birthday a friend and I were sitting and waiting for the Fireworks. A CM who was an older gentleman noticed my Birthday sticker, he announced to the entire crowd that it was my birthday, had everyone sing to me, and gave us stickers and lollipops. It was super cute!

During another trip with a few girlfriends we decided to eat at Ariel's Grotto for lunch. Our server was so funny, she kept us entertained the whole time, we liked her more than some of the Princesses!

Once when I was struck by the craving for a churro, I encountered a very fun CM. He was serving people in a perfect Donald Duck voice! Even when doing something that could be deemed boring like selling Churros, he seemed to be having fun with his job and making it fun for others! I asked him if I could take his picture, and he willingly obliged!

So, anyone else have story about great CMs?

• Here Comes Trouble

Re: Extrordinary CMs

I agree Royalty, this thread is needed here today!

I think we all have had one bad experience at one time or another (as I posted on "rude"), but my best experience was about 6 yrs ago before I got my AP. My sister was here from Nebraska and we planned DL one day and DCA another. Our day at DL was a serious of Murphy's Law in action;

we were asked to move from a seating area for Fantasmic 5 minutes before the show started

the hats we ordered with names that would take an hour took 3 hours

we had been parked for Fantasmic so long that when we were asked to move there really weren't any restaurants in the park serving dinner anymore so we missed eating dinner

and last but not least my 3 year old daughter got her finger STUCK in a candy display that almost requried the nurse getting the fire department to cut the display off of her finger.

A serious of mishaps that in July are totally understandable....and after this eventful day, the management was kind enough to offer us a set of passes to return that week to DL so my sister wouldn't miss out before returning to Nebraska.

Thank you CM's!
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

•   
    • Shenanigans.

Two CM legends in my eyes are Kevin who is the Omnibus driver. To my family and I he embodies the Disney spirit and we ALWAYS look for him when we are in the park.

I also really like Robert, the piano player on Friday's and Sunday. Super talented and great with my son.

I also think I am the biggest nerd for knowing cast members. I hope they don't look at me as a creepy AP guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

MAYNARD!

Thats all I have to say.

EDIT: Wait, I have another one. There's a lady name Sherri who works TSMM and she's just an all around fun person to talk to. When my brother and I were Evac'd and she was working her butt off to get people out of the ride, she still had a smile on her face and was making small talk with everyone. Really nice lady.

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    I also really like Robert, the piano player on Friday's and Sunday. Super talented and great with my son.
    I had to reply to this with YAY LOVE FOR ROBERT! I go on Sundays all the time, and Robert is great. He's an amazing piano player, is really nice, and really funny. He is certainly one of my favorite CMs.

I know I've told this story here, but there is a hilarious bellhop at ToT. His name is Ian, and he was obviously so into his job. He was very creepy and after the doors closed everyone in the elevator said that he was creepy and amazing.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

I like Robert too! I only go on Sundays once a month because of my pass and I always go see him at Musical Chairs. And he even invites me to play a piece on the piano at one of his later sets.

Hey Dreamer20K, I'm pretty certain I see you and your friends every time I watch Musical Chairs. Maybe next time I go you might see me talking to him and his two friends that are always there with him.
    If it's not obvious already, I'm a fan of the Mad Hatter!

•   
    • Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    I had to reply to this with YAY LOVE FOR ROBERT! I go on Sundays all the time, and Robert is great. He's an amazing piano player, is really nice, and really funny. He is certainly one of my favorite CMs.
    Roberts the man! Maybe I'll see you there sometime, we always try and drop by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Quote Originally Posted by Madasahatter View Post
    Hey Dreamer20K, I'm pretty certain I see you and your friends every time I watch Musical Chairs. Maybe next time I go you might see me talking to him and his two friends that are always there with him.
    If it's not obvious already, I'm a fan of the Mad Hatter!
    You might, my friend (she's on here too, disneygirl52) is there every Sunday, and I'm there quite a few Sundays, so you might've seen us sometime.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Rather Be At Disneyland

I thought of another one. When I was evac'd off of Indy there was a really fun CM who stayed in Indy character and let also let us take pictures as we walked off

Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    Roberts the man! Maybe I'll see you there sometime, we always try and drop by.
    Haha well if you go for musical chairs on a Sunday, chances are we'll be there.

We were upstairs in the Horseshoe waiting for the show, the soundman came up and mentioned to us that the reserved seating in the front row was open and we could sit there. We had a good time watching the show upclose and personal.

• =)

Maynard's awesome, naturally. I finally got to meet him--however briefly--in March, after hearing and seeing many things about him. I said hi and told him that I wished I didn't have to run, since I knew he was hilarious despite never even having seen him in person before. He was very cool--hopefully I'll get to see him doing one of his many shticks in the future.

Star is a PhotoPass CM who I've gotten to see at work several times; she's a member here, so we got to talking about my model and so forth. She really does a fantastic job at grabbing her subjects' attention and entertaining them and directing them into the right positions for quality photos.

Brian is a CM who I've seen working HM. He's also a member of this board, actually. Does a phenomenal job of staying in character. His genuine British accent helps, too.

• Picturing the Magic

...my story is just flat out funny...

On August 8th, while my friend and I were sitting on a main street bench located in the hub by the partners statue, the Disneyland band played behind us. For some strange reason, some family left behind their stroller at the bench across from us. As CM's became suspicious of whom it belonged to, as they always do when strollers are left un-manned, this one funny CM asked us if it was ours. I said no. My friend shook his head no right as she said, "So you one of you guys push and the other other sit in the pink seat?" I could not stop laughing. The fact that she was playing around with us was great. When the band finished, it became obvious that the family left the stroller to watch the band; they came back and got it. So, as the one female CM had just sent out another male CM to talk to someone in tomorrowland about the stroller, she began calling him back. "Ed," she yelled. "Oh, wait no. Alberto!" She looks at us with embarresment, "haha, please don't tell him I forgot his name." We promised we would not lol. Eventually we left.

Pretty funny I think.

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Picturing the Magic

Another cool CM encounter was on the Jungle Cruise (obvious place for awesome CM interaction).

It was night and the boat was pretty full. For some reason, the CM had us yell "O YeE YeE!" when we passes the Cambodian Shrine. When he asked us to repeat after him, only a couple of us did. Eventually at the end of the ride, he made us yell it like 4 more times. Not that many people were doing it but it was fun for us that did. I guess I found it really fun and cool because we were playing along with the CM and not being afraid to do silly things.

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

There was a CM working Astro Orbiters late one night but for each ride, with the same enthusiam, she said her speech and threw in cute quirks, while also interacting with the guests. My sister and I were there when another CM relieved her and the change was obvious. His voice was lackluster and he put on a narration of safety instructions, instead of personalizing it like the other did. It just made me realize how much effort she had put into her shift. Needless to say she got a very nice word put in at City Hall. :]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast