Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Incredible shrinking PoD

At last night's 7pm PoD, the final two floats were AWOL as well as many of the characters. To make up for losing Mickey and Minnie in the final float, they led off the parade, but the rest of the characters who appear in that final float were nowhere to be seen. Also, the parade only made one stop, not two.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Incredible shrinking PoD

Oh no! No Minnie? No Mickey? That's pretty damn Goofy! Speaking as one who loves the stops, one is definitely NOT enough.

• Lost in Wonderland

They've been having some "technical difficulties" lately. A few minutes before the 3:15pm step-off on Saturday, Lion King had to be cut from the parade. Finale was fine, but it was stuck behind Lion King, and thus could not make it onto the parade route.

A lot of things have been going wrong with the floats in the last week. But Lion King should be back out today (Sunday), and Finale will be out too (but probably towed). When something goes wrong, they're always working hard to get it working by the next day.

• Banned User

Thanks for the explanation.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

On Friday the 7P Princess float had to be towed by a slightly embarassed-looking tech CM driving an unroyal tech vechicle.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Banned User

OMG thats defastating im sure the imagineers will work it all out, that must have been very embarassing.

• Banned User

Perhaps the cuts of show stops was because of heat? Block Party Bash did that the other day I was at DCA. The green and blue party zones were cut from show stops and they only did it in the red zone. It WAS pretty hot.

• Hooterville, USA

Bring back MSEP which runs at night, and problem solved. I wish.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

As the heat rises, show stops are cut from both the Parade of Dreams and BPB. It's for the safety of the performers who have to work in the extreme conditions. Dehydration and heat exhaustion are common problems for the performers in these shows who often peform during the hotest times of the day with very little shelter from the sun.

• Creative Director

During hot, hot days, Parade of Dreams usually only makes two stops, both somewhere within the middle section of the parade route.
    The Gateway to Dreams would stop somewhere in the middle of the hub for the first stop. For the second stop, the Dreams Come True float (finale) would stop near the end of the hub. From there, you can guess where the other floats would be at the stops.
    Heat- two stops.

extreme heat, possibly one stop only or no stops at all. just guessing here.

BPB on hot days usually does two stops, the red and green party zones. sometimes only the red zone.
    You should see the BPB cast after just the first stop! and then they are to go on and do two more!

I can see tech difficulties not allowing the following float to come out, especially if the float stalled in front can't move. And the POD floats are huge, and not easy to manuever. I am surprised they didn't just have the cast on the finale float come out and walk the route with minnie and mickey?

MovingSidewalk, can you elaborate on what these "tech difficulties" are?

• Lost in Wonderland

I'm all for sending the characters out even if the float is cut from the parade. But the people who run the parade think a bit differently. If a float is cut, they also cut all of the characters and performers from that particular float unit. The only exceptions are Mickey and Minnie, who they try to send out no matter what. (I don't know what the policy is for Peter Pan and Tinkerbell though.) In such cases, Mickey and Minnie get to walk with the opening unit. However, keep in mind that Mickey and Minnie are on a balcony high up on the Finale float. If Finale gets cut at the last minute, they won't be able to unload them in time for the parade. But they'll make sure they're out for the 2nd parade.

• Shubisha

It's odd that the lion king float would have technical difficulties but not one with a giant seashell fountain that raises itself or with a giant gippetto or ursula AA on it.

• Former Disney Cast Member

Ursula is having problems. She hasn't been 'talking' lately. And the Lion King float ran into a post the other day and caught on fire. Thankfully it's all fine now.

Yeah, today (Sunday) at the 7pm PoD, we were missing Blue Farie, Jiminie Crickiet and the final float was being towed. At BpB, there were many missing characters. Mr. Potatohead, Walking Stick, all the Monsters (But Sulley) among others.

Dissapointing, yes, but my heart goes out to those performers on hot days. I don't see how they don't just drop...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    It's odd that the lion king float would have technical difficulties but not one with a giant seashell fountain that raises itself or with a giant gippetto or ursula AA on it.
    I've seen the parade twice so far (as I initially wrote, most recently on Saturday at 7) and have yet to see that giant seashell raise itself. As the other poster noted, in addition to the problems I reported, Ursula was not talking, and those other characters from Pinocchio were missing. It was incredibly hot, however.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast