• "I Break Things"

Belle's Book Shoppe

One of the things that has been instilled in me over the years is to make the most out of almost every opportunity. This shop, will be a unique store in and of itself, but it will also encompass a show, and be blended with the Merlin's Magic Shop I mentioned in an earlier thread. It's not that I advocate the commercialization of Disneyland, I just feel that the stores should reflect the respective lands.

One of the hobbies attributed to Belle is a love of reading. It seems only fitting that her name grace a book store in Fantasyland. Not just any book store, this store specializes in old style bound childrens books. Here you can buy copies of your favorite Disney classics, and view some originals behind glass. It would literally be the "Royal Library of Disneyland" with the matching decor. As you approach the back of the store you will find the same familiar velvet chair mentioned earlier in the Merlin thread. On it's seat would sit that same simple reserved sign. You see this "corner" is actually the center that merges two stores and two themes. This center area is shared by both Belle and Merlin, as they alternate times and read portions of their favorite stories to delighted children. On occasion Beast, in human form, reads aloud as well.

This would make the most out of an area that is currently one long store. I am speaking of the current Princess Store, which could easily be divided as I mentioned before. There would be no physical division, only themed ones... but the center would be used by both! It would also generate more traffic, but I imagine it would be about as crowded as the current Princess Storytime... so this crowd would likely be manageable.

Thoughts?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Pirate for life

Re: Belle's Book Shoppe

As I said in the other thread, I love the idea. I think by allowing both Merlin and Belle to be there would gather two very distinct crowds, which is a good thing. I am not so sure about including the human Beast though. As far as I remember, he was a little creepy looking.

Would this version of the store still include the "magical" effects around the store?

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Stich626 View Post
    Would this version of the store still include the "magical" effects around the store?
    Yes, but only during Merlin's show! The birdhouse would still be there as well, but inactive until tapped by Merlin's staff!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Pirate for life

What about possibly including Lumiere or Cogsworth?

• revolutionary waltz

I was wondering how the store would deal with the foot traffic in the earlier thread where you initially put forward the idea of a store for Merlin, but now that you've explained that it'd be two stores with a central junction point, the idea makes a lot more sense. I really like the concept though, and I think that it would be a very clever idea for Disney if they were to utilize it.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stich626 View Post
    As I said in the other thread, I love the idea. I think by allowing both Merlin and Belle to be there would gather two very distinct crowds, which is a good thing.
    Agreed.

• Minion

If you ask me, pure genius! I also love the idea of beast in human form Raw!

• Shubisha

Oh oh and just outside the store at the carnation plaza stage they could have a show called "Belle's Enchanted Book Shop" too!.... oh wait O_o

• Still wants to be a cat!

All these ideas are cute, but Disney's money is going toward DCA right now....and that's what we want...right?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Love the idea.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    All these ideas are cute, but Disney's money is going toward DCA right now....and that's what we want...right?
    Disney has a VAST and HUGE amount of money compared to what is going towards DCA, especially since a fair amount of that is coming from investors and not directly from Disney's bank account.

Putting together a quality book shop wouldn't cost them very much and would add some vitality to an area that could really use it and get a Princess, in her non-princess role, out into the park where she belongs and not shuttered up in the PFF. Would be the perfect excuse for Belle to be in her peasant costume at DL frequently and could be played up really well when she leaves: "Time to get ready for the Ball with the Beast, etc." Would serve to make her seem even more real and human. I see nothing but benefit coming from this one, right down the teaching kids to read (something that seems to be going by the wayside for many these days).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I'm in for this one. You had me at "book."
    A signature should go here.