Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Re: Saturday, August 27th - Where was everyone? Not at DCA!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    So is Tower of Terror a walk on, too? Is it not bringing people over there?
    It was a walk on also. The only crowds in that area were ones entering or leaving aladin. The only other place that had people at it was GRR but only because it was a hot day.
    This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
    Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, we went to DCA on a Saturday in June and it was dead.

But we loved it. Nothing to complain about. We rode ToT 5 or 6 times, Soarin, Mullholland Madness, Screamin, etc, etc, etc.

Of course, we went to DL and it was unbearable.

All hail an empty DCA!!!

• More Than Meets The Mouse

I was there on Saturday and it wasn't quite that dead... Admittedly it was more late afternoon/early evening when I went, but I still had to walk around people that insisted I was in their way lol.

I walked right on to ToT each time I went to ride it, but the elevators were full each time as well. Had about a 30 minute wait for Soarin'. Didnt hit GRR because I didnt feel like walking around soaking wet at the time, lol... I get soaked everytime I go on that. Mulholland had a 15-20 minute wait. I dunno... it saddens me when I see pics of the park being that empty, but thankfully each time I've gone it hasn't been completely dead. Although now that I think about it, it may have been because of a parade coming up that people were piling in to the park. Who knows...
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

My photos had NOTHING to do with any Parade, they were taken before 4:30 PM, and Block Party Bash doesn't start until 5:15 PM.

Amazing, but Sunday was almost as quiet (a bit busier), but Sunday was also the first day that the SoCal AP'ers had a chance to return on a Sunday since June!

At around 3:30 PM on Sunday, at GRR had a 50 minute Stand-By wait, and FP's were valid for a 4:50 return.

At 4:10, Soarin' had almost no line outside, and the minimum FP return time of 40 minutes (4:50 return time).

And at 5:25, also no outside queue for Soarin', and the inside queue for Stand-By was only about 1/2 way filled in the area prior to the split.

And you have to remember, that one of the major attractions and people eaters, Screamin' is closed, you would expect that the other attractions would have a LONGER wait due to the closure.....

Here is a link to the photos from Sunday.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/767162
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Amazing, but Sunday was almost as quiet (a bit busier), but Sunday was also the first day that the SoCal AP'ers had a chance to return on a Sunday since June!
    But given the choice of your first day back in two months -- DL or DCA -- what does any rational person choose?

Basically, it was built to be better than Knott's and SFMM. It suck-cedes. Kudos to the Strategeering Department.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

But Knott's has been pulling them in, many days in July and August have been over 25,000. Knott's had about 17,500 on Saturday, my guess, about twice as many folks as DCA had......

• Rock Star Minion

But there would have been more without DCA.
    And, how many Knott's guests were seasonal pass holders?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• More Than Meets The Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    My photos had NOTHING to do with any Parade, they were taken before 4:30 PM, and Block Party Bash doesn't start until 5:15 PM.
    I'm not sure if this was in reference to what I said, and I may be reading it wrong but just in case...

I wasn't referring to your pictures having anything to do with a parade, or the reason that the park was so dead... I was just referring to the reason it may have been busier when I walked into the park which I believe was close to the Block Party bash because it was going on in front of the Sun Fountain/Waterfall thing, right after I got off of ToT... it wasnt when I got into the park to go to ToT but there was still a fair amount of people, so that was probably why. Thats all I was saying.
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• Banned User

Hey, did they have music for the fireworks at the parking lot structure, ive been wanting to see ot there but idk if they music there!

• California Adventurer

Happily inside Disney California Adventure ... or at the nearest theme park I can find.

No, the fireworks music does not play in the Mickey & Friends parking structure, but you might be able to hear very faint parts of the music. However, you definitely will hear car alarms going off due to the "boom" of the fireworks.
    Yes, I do LOVE Disney California Adventure. Disneyland is not so bad either ;-)

See my photography regularly in MiceChat's "In The Parks" updates, published each Friday.
    Follow my theme-park adventures on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThemeParkTimes

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The one place I know of outside of the park that has the Fireworks music piped into is the Paradise Pier Hotel Pool Deck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12