Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Saturday, August 27th - Where was everyone? Not at DCA!

Stopped by DCA for the afternoon (actually to hook up with friends to have Dinner), but stopped to check what was going on....

And wow!!! We walked thru the GCH entrance, and went to get GRR FP's since it was a HOT day..... The FP machines were offering FP's for 40 minutes later, the shortest return time, and stand-by was listed at 35 minutes.

The pathways were very quiet, Mulholland Madness had a 10 minute posted wait, and Soarin' had NO outside queue, just straight into the building.

Heck, it seemed like a off-season weekday crowd-wise, instead of a Summer Peak Saturday.

Here is a link to some photos I took.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/764365
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Wonderful World

Re: Saturday, August 27th - Where was everyone? Not at DCA!

My o my just imagine what it will be like during off season I bet they will be like 5 people there lol.

Where did u take the fireworks photo's??
    I'm back MiceChat

• See Ya Real Soon!

Maybe everyone is getting ready for back to school on Monday? At least for us that is what we are doing.

• My Children's Father

I assume management is not expecting crowds if it allows its custodial personnel to sweep on rollerblades. Granted, it might promote the "California" theme, but rollerblading while sweeping on a crowded walkway would not make sense .......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

i only saw 5 pics and couldn't bare, is that our DCA? man, it makes me wanna cry come on i love DCA, it shouldn't be treated this badley!

• Hooterville, USA

My conscience will not let me go there! Sorry.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• no flash photography...

It looks pretty good to me. i wish i had been there that day....I only wish DL got that way sometimes.

• Banned User

nice pics dave, but your fire works have been better in the past but I am thinking you were far from the castle right? and I loved the pic of you with the crown and the princess, nice Dave also hey, where were the fire works from I do not recognize the spot? thanks dave for letting us share As always I love your pictures!!!
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 08-28-2005 at 12:59 PM.

• Minion

Wow...great pics as usual Darkbeer...thanks so much for sharing them!!
    It was so deserted I am shocked!!! Would have been a lot of fun to be there though!! What was it that Lisa had to eat? It looked so good!! It was fun to see Judimouse and David also!! You look cute in a crown by the way!!!
    Any day at Disneyland is a Happy Day!!!!

• behind the curtain

As always, thank you for the photos. Was that food as good as it looked?

• Sector Two Droid Repair

I was there yesterday too. DCA was a ghost town. Almost every ride was a walk on except GRR. DL was a lite day too. Space and Splash had 50 minute waits about noon. Buzz and star tours had 25 minutes. It was a nice hot day.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

Does anyone else miss the Saturday Night Latin Music at the Pacific Wharf Area... My girlfriend and I would have dinner there every Saturday Night (around this time last year) and would enjoy various Music Groups on Saturdays.... It was our reason for going into DCA. I was really looking foward the Music again this year... Does anyone know what happend to it this year ?
    So, as they say at Big Thunder Mountain -- "Hold on to your hats and glasses cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!" i like west better

http://rze51.smugmug.com/

• That's Hawt

I just want to add it looks like the fireworks pictures were taken from the top of the Parking Garage.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Mice Chat Newbie

So is Tower of Terror a walk on, too? Is it not bringing people over there?

• FastPass n00b

Thank you for the pictures Darkbeer.

I have to agree with Druggas about not being able to go due to my conscience. It's not just that DCA isn't worth the time and money if you have limited means, it's that it's the type of typical modern Disney product that must make Walt spin in his grave. When it comes down to the Walt Disney Company and Walt Disney himself, I'll pick Walt every time. It's a gorgeous park in some areas and I've been there twice and had a really fun time because of the entertainment and lack of crowds, but it definitely does not live up to Walt's standards.

If Universal or Six Flags or even Cedar Fair built a crappy park, no one gets hurt. But when Disney builds a park, they are putting Walt behind that park and if they make a cheap park, it's Walt's image and legacy that suffers. DCA isn't just a park built on the cheap, it's a slap in the face to Walt and if you don't believe me, just look at the carnival booths. Walt hated carnival booths that milked money from people and he stated that he would never do that.

With DCA's humiliating failure, it's Walt who is getting the last laugh. Unfortunately it is at his own expense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast