Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

Death Certificates

I've seen some TRs showing off Death Certificates from HM. How do you get one of these? I'm taking my nephews this weekend and I know they would really dig getting a DC of their own.
    Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Veteran

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Re: Death Certificates

Good things come to those who ask =) You wont believe what great things you can get/do simply by being nice, and asking. Not much more to it =) Just ask one of the CMs who are working there. It is best to do it while things are slow. So, if you're polite, nice, ask, and things are slow, there shouldn't be a problem.

• or CBF

Just ask all the HM CM's you encounter very nicely if they have them. Problem is that only some of them know they exist.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Brand new CM!

I just went on the 3rd and asked the CM at the door and he called two in for me. I was met downstairs by another CM who found me and took me and my BF out of line to fill them out then put me in my doombugie!
    I Donald Duck!

• Thank you, that is all.

If I'm not mistaken, I very well might've been one of the first to ever receive a Death Certificate, and I didn't even have to ask for it. As it happens, I was just being friendly with a CM about a very fascinating candelabra she was holding as she walked down the portrait gallery. She took a liking to me and, after we gabbed for awhile, she asked me for my name and told me that she would meet me at the end of my doombuggie ride and give me a special surprise. At the end, she greeted me with a Death Certificate with my name and the date written on it. The date is June 24, 2007. I talked with a MC'er that said he worked at HM around that same time and he didn't even know about them. So yes, being polite and friendly is always good advice for getting what you want!
    Last edited by Mad Madame Momba; 08-13-2008 at 09:54 AM.

• I'm not really here

Can't wait to get ours on this trip. I love MiceChat... never know what amazing thing you'll discover about Disneyland on here. =D

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

Hey, that's cool--one thing about the mansion I didn't know. When they pulled you out of line, scarlett, were you just standing to the side, or did they take you somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Madame Momba View Post
    The date is June 24, 2007. I talked with a MC'er that said he worked at HM around that same time and he didn't even know about them. So yes, being polite and friendly is always good advice for getting what you want!
    They've had these for quite some time now. If I remember correctly they were giving them out in the late 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Hey, that's cool--one thing about the mansion I didn't know. When they pulled you out of line, scarlett, were you just standing to the side, or did they take you somewhere else?
    They take you backstage to what they call the observatory (room with cameras). Here you'll also see an old and long forgotten friend from years past named Josh (a suit of Armer that CMs used to use as a live body performer). This all of course is a fabrication of my imagination. They tend to just have you stand aside before you enter.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 08-13-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    They've had these for quite some time now. If I remember correctly they were giving them out in the late 90s.

That's something said I've never heard before. Where did you hear or see this?

That's something said I've never heard before. Where did you hear or see this?
    We're talking about the Death Certificates (aka: "I Survived the Haunted Mansion" certificate). Here's one from 1999, for the Mansion Midnight ride.

They've had these for sometime now. Most people don't know about them because it's a well kept secret. Too many people don't talk about it, and they tend to go fast when the do have them. I'd say 90% of the time it's a guest asking for one, over them giving them out.

However, I don't work on this wonderful attraction, so I truly have no clue apart from that they've had them for some time; and every time I've asked for my friends the Cast Members have been wonderful.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 08-13-2008 at 10:40 AM.

We're talking about the Death Certificates (aka: "I Survived the Haunted Mansion" certificate). Here's one from 1999, for the Mansion Midnight ride.

Yes, but that is an all together different one that was given out at a special event and not to the general public like the one the op is talking about here, so..... ummm.....
    Last edited by Mad Madame Momba; 08-14-2008 at 09:27 AM.

• Brand new CM!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Sorry for the delay! They just took me out of line and i walked down the hallway with the changing portraits on the other side of the chain to the loading area where i just jumped on the doombuggie. Nothing to special but i did start touching the curtains on the windows and the lamps and stuff. it was so cool!!
    I Donald Duck!

Yes, but that one was given out at a special event, not to the general public, so it doesn't count!
    This one maybe, but I can't seem to find any pictures of others. I know I've been getting them for sometime. This isn't the first year they've been giving them out. I'm sure there's a Cast Member who works the Attraction who can better help with the answer.

This one maybe, but I can't seem to find any pictures of others. I know I've been getting them for sometime. This isn't the first year they've been giving them out. I'm sure there's a Cast Member who works the Attraction who can better help with the answer.

Wait a minute, I'm confused! If you've been getting them for sometime, then why don't you post a pic of one of them? And like I previously said, I talked with a MC'er CM that said HE had worked at HM back then and didn't even know about them.

Wait a minute, I'm confused! If you've been getting them for sometime, then why don't you post a pic of one of them? And like I previously said, I talked with a MC'er CM that said HE had worked at HM back then and didn't even know about them.
    I would love to, alas I have not a scanner handy. Never mind, that's not going to work...

There are quite a few HM cast members who currently don't know about them... It's not unheard of, it's just like the "Honorary Citizen" buttons, or the "Jungle Maps" you could get on the Jungle Cruise. Most Cast Members don't know about those either.

Putting a little logic: http://www.gaiasdreams.com/ghostgallery/index.html These Cast Members made a website dedicated WDW's HM. Which they ask you to make your own certificate. I highly doubt that Disney took 9 years to follow the idea.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 08-13-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast