Need Help-1st DL Trip

I am a WDW veteran making my first trip to DL next January. I can travel any week during January, but can only visit Monday through Thursday. I am trying to decide which week to go.

The first week would allow for possibly more shows and parades, but will also mean more crowds. Later on the crowds go way down but so do the hours and entertainment. There's also the problem of many attractions being down for maintenance and removal of holiday overlay. Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful. I want to book my airfare in the next couple of days. I am using Delta frequent flyer miles and booking now allows me to avoid their new surcharge on point redemptions that kicks in on the 15th. Thanks!

• I'm not really here

Re: Need Help-1st DL Trip

Well, if you want the attractions to be open along with the shows, you're going to be going right after new years when the crowds are still big and before all the rides go down for removal of holiday overlays and refurbs hit. This means probably the first week or 2nd (at the extreme latest) week of Jan.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Yeah, if you go the first week, you'll still have a Christmas Fantasy, Haunted Mansion & Small World Holiday, Believe in Holiday Magic, etc. 2nd & 3rd week will probably not have parades or fireworks, and definitely not Small World & Haunted. Last week will give you Parade of Dreams, Remember Dreams Come True, as well as normal Haunted & Small World.

I suggest the first...

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Yeah, if you go the first week, you'll still have a Christmas Fantasy, Haunted Mansion & Small World Holiday, Believe in Holiday Magic, etc. 2nd & 3rd week will probably not have parades or fireworks, and definitely not Small World & Haunted. Last week will give you Parade of Dreams, Remember Dreams Come True, as well as normal Haunted & Small World.

I suggest the first...
    I'm used to hitting WDW when crowds are lightest. How bad are the crowds the first full week of January (for me that would be Tues-Thurs, Jan 6-8)?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerguy View Post
    I'm used to hitting WDW when crowds are lightest. How bad are the crowds the first full week of January (for me that would be Tues-Thurs, Jan 6-8)?
    Shouldn't be that bad, cuz most schools will be back session by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerguy View Post
    The first week would allow for possibly more shows and parades,
    You also have to factor in weather with respect to parades and shows. The climate in January in Southern California is notoriously unpredictable. There's been everything from freak heatwaves, to high winds, to major rain.