Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Halloween Parade?

Does Disneyland do a Halloween Boo to You Parade like WDW does?

Re: Halloween Parade?

During the Mickey's trick or Treat party (or whatever it is called this year) in DCA they have a "cavalcade of characters." Yes they had the decency to not call it a parade as it is small. It is cute though.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• Banned User

It's not worth watching. To call it anything but a diversion is pointless. It has a total of one float and a few pushcart Mickey pumpkins, along with a few characters.

• Banned User

The actual title of the "parade" is Mickey's Trick or Treat on the Street.

• Top Chef

Here is a really horrible picture of the float from last year. The beginning has a float that has Happy Halloween with people pushing it, and characters walking around it. They have a giant mickey pumpkin that rolls down , and then this last float with mickey and minnie dressed up on it. It is literally probably 3-5 mins long. Some people may not think it's worth watching, but I think it's fun and festive and enjoyed it. We didn't sit down for our spot until it was 10 mins till. You don't have to line up early for this one, just show up when it's time.

• Top Chef

Here is the first float. Again horrible pictures, but you can get the idea.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

The little kids like it.

We thought it was cute and worth seeing.

Here are the only pics I took of it

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

^^^ That looks like fun! I am so excited about going this year and the floats add to my excitement! Doesn't have to be a super long parade anyway since the night is fairly short and small to begin with
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

I'd love to have one of those Mickey Mouse pumpkins tooling around in front of my house when the trick-or-treaters come buy! Thanks for posting the photos.

Sounds a little like a let down. I went to Disneyland Paris last year in hopes of some spectacular Halloween events and decos and for the most part it was pretty good--except their parade was like this one--just a couple of floats maybe even smaller than what's been pictured. Is it only WDW that has the whole parade and has that theme music Boo to You that I keep seeing on YouTube?

Well not too many know about this, however the halloween float may actually be getting a partner - last year during the christmas run for ACF, the toy factory float made it's final run down main st as a christmas float. However, that float may be added to the halloween parade as a candy factory and obviously not a toy factory anymore. I haven't heard much about this for a little while, but definitely expect the new toy factory in christmas this year. I've seen concept art and it looks VERY good.

-SPACE

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    Sounds a little like a let down. I went to Disneyland Paris last year in hopes of some spectacular Halloween events and decos and for the most part it was pretty good--except their parade was like this one--just a couple of floats maybe even smaller than what's been pictured. Is it only WDW that has the whole parade and has that theme music Boo to You that I keep seeing on YouTube?
    Paris used to have their Villains Parade. They got slammed with a cutback last year that was pretty sad, it was veiled as keeping the 15th anniversary parade going on throughout the year.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Space Mountain View Post
    Well not too many know about this, however the halloween float may actually be getting a partner - last year during the christmas run for ACF, the toy factory float made it's final run down main st as a christmas float. However, that float may be added to the halloween parade as a candy factory and obviously not a toy factory anymore. I haven't heard much about this for a little while, but definitely expect the new toy factory in christmas this year. I've seen concept art and it looks VERY good.

-SPACE
    I believe there was talk that the idea was to build up the Halloween cavalcade for the Trick or Treat party over the next several years, with it eventually becoming a more full blown parade. Don't know if that's still true, but it seems like a possibility...

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Well I don't know if they're adding to the parade this year, but I know that there is a new beefed-up Happiest Haunts Tour on it's way (shameless plug!)
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast