Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Was there any real Benefit of having the DisneyGallery converted to "Dream Suite"?

Honestly, if I won the "Dream Suite" stay I would be happy of course but realistically, I am wondering what benefit if any did Disney Corp. Reap by removing the Disney Gallery and replacing it with the "Dream Suite"
    Was it the fact that they could remove paid staff from the "attraction"?

I think that the "Disney Gallery" did more good for the company and park then the "Dream Suite". Disney Gallery was a place to purchase art work and enjoy a special historic place in the park. I imagine the marketing benefit of the "Dream Suite" in negligible, in my opinion. Was it worth the millions and removal of a park icon and wonderful gallery?

Again my selfish self would love to have a Suite that only the rich could afford to stay in (which I imagine is not to far off, once the "Dreams" give away ends, (if it ever does) But is that whats best for the park or for general customer satisfaction? (not that really matters these days to the suits in TDA)

Just wondering.

Re: Was there any real Benefit of having the DisneyGallery converted to "Dream Suite"

Promotion.

• Banned User

Re: Was there any real Benefit of having the DisneyGallery converted to "Dream Suite"

It's likely only there for Celebrities to stay in. They probably want to make some serious coin off of it.

• I'm not really here

No, there is not really any real benefit to it in my opinion. The number of people that are going to get to enjoy it is minuscule at best.

It is another "gimmick" in the promotion which I don't feel really serves much of a purpose.

Should I win, no, I won't complain... a gift is a gift, but I dislike the whole idea of limiting the number of people who can enjoy something. Disneyland is everyone to experience, not just those randomly selected by a computer.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Yeah, Dan and his loverly g/f Gina got to spend the night there n' tell us about it.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Uh oh, not this again. Considering my friends won a night's stay, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I wouldn't have cared one way or another.

• =)

It does the vast, overwhelming majority of the guest population very little good or bad. Most didn't realize the gallery was there in the first place; only a few really knew what was there, and they enjoyed it a lot. Now Disney more or less guarantees that for as long as the YOAMD continues, one family will get a really fantastic opportunity every day. Many thousands of guests of guests won't realize anything changed, and perhaps several hundred each day will be disappointed at the lack of the gallery...but their disappointment probably won't be as intense as the elation of that night's lucky family.

In Disney's eyes, it's a win. In the eyes of the winners, it's a big win. In the eyes of a privy few--in other words, a lot of us--it's a loss. And in the eyes of most guests, it's a game they're not even aware of.

I miss the gallery, though not extraordinarily strongly.

• Picturing the Magic

no benefit for me...

or anyone else who has not one.

I WANT MY GALLERY BACK!

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Yeah, was there any real reason to have the Dream Suite, besides for the promotion and money??? What will happen to it when the promotions end??

I'm sure it benefits some people. I mean, who wouldn't love to stay in that suite? On the other hand, I do miss my gallery and the nice view I had from the top of the stairs and feel that more people benefited from the classic artwork that the gallery offered. I'm sure Disney is getting good return from this suite and many people are getting treated to a truly great experience, but the vast majority of us will not benefit

I think Datameister hit it right on the money. I wish the Gallery could have stayed there, but I'm more disappointed that the location is probably going to become a suite for the wealthy once the YOMD promo is over. I know Disney needs places like that, but I would rather they do it in locales that are not so high profile or were always designed to be that way(Club 33).

From what I understand, I don't think they will be making money off of the Suite after the promotion is over. I think they will be using it for things like Make a Wish.

I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Head View Post
    From what I understand, I don't think they will be making money off of the Suite after the promotion is over. I think they will be using it for things like Make a Wish.
    Well if they use the dream suite for Make a wish and grant lots of night stays in the Suite at DisneyLand wishes to sick children and there families I will change my tune real fast. I have nothing but love and respect for that great organization.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

They'd probably make a hell of a lot more money if they extended club 33 and opened up a bundle of new memberships.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast