HISTA Showtimes?

Okay, now we all know the absolute best solution to HISTA is to get rid of it, but this couldn't hurt, either. According to WDWMagic.com, sometime this week, Epcot's HISTA will be go into showtimes, twice every hour, on the half-hour, with breaks at noon and 3 pm. They suggest that the attraction's addition to the entertainment schedule and the fact that it will make it feel like a "scheduled event" that the customer feels obligated to do (like the parades, because they're not continous) will make the show's numbers go up.

How about working this in at Disneyland? "Hitchhiker's Guide" only made its money back (sans about 20 mil from overseas), so in executives' eyes it means no new 3D movie for the Magic Eye...so get over it. Seriously, I think showtimes, twice every hour would work, along with the breaks. Guests will see it along with Snow (erm, well, in the summer!), Billy Hill, Fantasmic, PoD and RDCM, and think of it as "well, we'll see the 4:00 show" instead of "umm, if we have time"...and it would increase actual purpose to having it there? Anybody agree with me?...

• Banned User

Re: HISTA Showtimes?

In theory this can help make the attraction numbers go up.. but one thing i might see is what if the numbers are not up due to the amount of people already seeing this to many times.. (3 was to many for me.)

• Banned User

yeah, i dont think its going to work, you can barely see the attraction!!!, it hidden behind starcade and SM, but shedueling wont resolve anything, they should just take it down(or change it, doesnt have to be new), its just a waste of space and money

• Iron-Clad Allie

Remarketing an old movie-based attraction (that most everybody is tired of) as a show will not inflate attendance any more than would advertising Innoventions and it's rotating building as a ride.

• That's Hawt

If anything it will make the numbers go down because you HAVE to be there at a certain time. The only time I ever go see it is if I happen to have an extra 20 minutes on my next FP!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• out & about

LAME! that idea sounds like it might work... which in my opinion is a bad idea. anything that will boost the attendance of this disaster would be catastrophic. We need not do anything that would encourage anyone, let alone mgmnt to keep this armpit of creativity around any longer than absolutly neccessary (in my opinion its already over stayed its welcome).
    this picture is my idea of what a good idea looks like. yes... sometimes we must look to the past to see the future!

Last edited by WRDup; 08-29-2005 at 02:25 PM.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

• Waiting for the monorail

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    (3 was to many for me.)
    Once was too many for me. Gosh I wanted my 20 minutes back

• Banned User

yeah, i only saw it once and was like, "thats it? that was the worst show ive ever seen!" I've never seen it scince(about 2 years ago). just make a new one, get some old ones, or just tear it down!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    yeah, i only saw it once and was like, "thats it? that was the worst show ive ever seen!" I've never seen it scince(about 2 years ago). just make a new one, get some old ones, or just tear it down!
    I was forced to see it the other 2 times.. note i only saw it at Epcot.. LOL

it was all 2 years apart too... lol

• FastPass n00b

I am shocked at the animosity towards a 7-year old attraction based on a 16-year old movie that no one remembers. How can someone not want something that follows all the 3D cliches and gets eclipsed by Universal Studio's Shrek 4-D. I mean, the shaking floor is awesome, it actually shakes...that's just something that I've never experienced outside a 20-year old science museum! And the use of 3D technology, absolutely breakthrough...imagine, something big and scary coming right towards the audience to scare them, it's just never been done before.

I mean, it would just be too original and thinking too much out of the box to put in something besides a movie-based attraction. We can't have originality and imagination destroying the Buzz Lightyear theme of Tomorrowland now can we. What would Matt say if he saw a new non-Pixar ride inside Disneyland. I say destroy HISTA and bring in Buzz Lightyear, we don't have enough Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland. They can even run through Toy Story's plot in 20 minutes for those who haven't seen it 5 million times. An existing story, existing characters...WDI can save a fortune on this Buzz Lightyear 3D attraction!