Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• OM NOM NOM

Bats Day Results

Well, after braving near-100 degree heat, the day is drawing to a close for all those who participated in Bats Day. Being over at Maliboomer all day, I only saw about ten participants. Almost all were drenched in sweat, but continued on their way without resorting to T-shirts or flip-flops.

I know that many Micechatters participated in the "festivities" today. How was it for all of you? Any pictures or stories?
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Banned User

Re: Bats Day Results

I was there for a short time to get the fairy book (grr) and the people I saw I just gaped at. It was so hot today.. why is Bats day never in the fall on a cold day? You'd think they'd plan this better since they HAVE to wear such dark heavy clothing.

• Banned User

^ hey i wear that all the time, ill go next time! i didnt have an ap so couldnt go

• FastPass n00b

I don't mean to geek out here, but although dark clothing does absorb a lot of heat and make things hotter, it does block out (absorb) more UV rays than lighter clothing thereby giving the wearer an added protection against sunburn. I think it's equivalent to SPF 15, but of course this heavily depends on things like how hot it is and how dark the clothes are, and so forth.

Nice to know that MiceChat had some troopers who participated in this even nonetheless. I'm not an AP holder and I probably won't be one for a while, but I would've liked to have gone on the Maliboomer while Eyes of Mara was working there. I'm terrified of any kind of tower rides and I feel it'd help if someone I trusted was working there...for moral support.

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

I was at the meet all dressed in black!!! It was sooo kool!!!!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

it was a fun day. got stared at & pointed at a lot! i'm so tired, so i'll post more tomorrow!
    <o>

What an interesting day huh?

Actually I think I saw more "Goths" last year than this. Plus the park wasn't that busy. I go a second to do a fly-by-hi-bye at the noon meet, so that was my extent of MC fun. Spent the day with the "fam."

• Minion

Though I'm not into the goth look .. I took part in today's events at DL and it was all quite interesting ... I'm glad I went. The sight of litterally hundreds lining up infront of the castle for a pic in "CINERAMA" style was quite a sight!! But the sight of the entire area surrounding the Haunted Mansion was an even larger massive sight around 7-8pm. I believe they did get over 1,000 counted all coming into the Haunted Mansion.

My only gripe (and this was never a problem with our "Micechat" group of 30) were people "lighting it up" ..... with their cigarettes in the queue for the Haunted Mansion. Not cool - as if some of them didn't know Disneyland has rules about WHERE people are allowed to smoke. Again - not a problem with our very consciences group. (Obviously, I'm a non smoker, AND I'm very sensitive to the slightest amounts of nicotine.)

All throughout the day .. I was in awe over some very creative outfits - so cool. Right down to some colored contact lenses in pure red, and some other wild colors. Very fun loving group. I stumbled on a "Spooky Tiki Room" meet ... everyone was getting into the spirit of the show - I really appreciated their enthusiasm.

Overall .. a fun day!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I have some photos from today....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/767162/1
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

OMG i wish i could have gone my fashion style is mainly goth

• Gay Man

We're home and tired. I took no pics, but I saw a lot of flashes going off with our group.

It was a pretty laid-back day for us. We've done Bats Day so often that it's just a day to have fun and see old friends that we seem to see only once a year.

I'll update more tomorrow. There were some priceless moments.

As to why Bats Day is held on this day......It is the first day of the summer when people are out of school AND there are no block-out days for any of the APs AND all of the summer "goodies" are still in operation.

• Minion

...... and perhaps then Not Afraid, DisneyKat, or Crazy Legs will "devulge" the bit of drama it was with some organized "photo op" thing .. and "Crazy Legs" almost not getting on the ride - though we got our Micechat girl on the ride okay .. and ended up have a fun ride after all.

• Former Disney Cast Member

oh my gosh. today was awesome. I loved having all the goths in the park. Everyone that I saw and talked with was so cool and respectful, even more respectful than the regular guests. It was such a joy to have them around. I can't wait for next year, except I hope to get the day off next year so I can actually go and have fun (I was doing guest control on main street, as always).

• Gay Man

Ahhh, there's always drama.

There were 1313 Goths that came through HM. Disney basically close the ride for us and Disney is INCREDIBLY helpful in working with the Bats Day organizers. However, there was one particular CM that seemed quited freaked about the crowds and, instead of helping, made things worse by not letting Crazy Legs hook up with our very large group.

The initial CM was pretty rude and CL had pretty much given up on riding with us and gone back out to the entrance. The rest of us basically stood in the Foyer and insisted on waiting for CL. We got shuffeled here and there and things were pretty crazy - and I think we were probably a bit rude ourselves by imacting a much bigger event, but several other CMs got involved and helped us out. I was able to get things coordinated so we all could ride in the elevator together (one of the BIG Bats Day Highlights) and let the event carry on.

Things, as usually, worked out great in the end. I find that Disney CMs are usually willing to work with me if I can ha concern and they will do whatever they can to solve a problem. I was not disappointed this time. I just hope that we were not too impactful on the rst of the event.

• Queen of Sarcasm

I was okay with everything while working GC. The only thing that kinda creeped me out was while directing traffic after the second parade this group of Goths walked through a walkway following a guy carrying a big black cross all yelling nonsense. One of the guys in the group suddenly stopped and screamed into some little kids face just because he could and started laughing. The kid started crying and the mom was upset of course. Other than that, it was all good.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast