Questions about Ariel's Grotto

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in over a year, but I was hoping to get some information on Ariel's Grotto. I'm taking my 5-year old sister to DL and DCA and we're going to Ariel's Grotto. She loves the princesses, so this will be big for her. Anyways, what are prices like? How is the food? Any recommendations? Anything else I should know?

Thanks,
    Max
    I like Disneyland...it's pretty sweet.

• Senior Minion

Re: Questions about Ariel's Grotto

I sent you a PM that has the prices and menu. As for my own experience last month, it was great. The food was good, and if you look at the menu you pick one item from the starters, entrees and dessert - it is all included with the base price.

If you can request a table I say go for the one toward's the back left right before the tables by the window. The tables towards the center by the booths, the princesses come out from that doorway and you'll be able to get them to your table first.

Put your reservation in ASAP. I tried to get a reservation and they said they were booked up for the week.

• Queen Elsa

Yes the food is very good but I didn't like there chicken salade they had. The chicken was to cold like almost still frozen. Also you only get to meet 5 out the 6 Princess there. U get Ariel of chourse,Belle,Cinderella,Snow White and my personal favorite Aurora. Jasmine,Pocahontas,Mulan and what I have here Princess Minnie only come if say Cinderella or some one else is sick that day. When I have gone it has been Cinderella that is sick and Jasmine has taken her spot or like in Feb. it was Aurora and Jasmine took her place.

• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

The princesses are great there, they spend lots of time at each table talking to the kids. Some of the meal are even served in buckets. My daughters personal favorite is the mac and cheese garnished with gold fish crackers with an octadog (hot dog cut to look like an octopus) on top. My favorite is the fish and chips. They used to do cotton candy in a bucket at the end if the parents are okay with it, I'm not sure if they still do.

The desert changes but this was the delicious one I had awhile ago:

• Queen Elsa

Yeah my favorite there are the fish and chips and Samon. From the last time I was at Ariel's they didn't do cotton candy anymore but they had a new Ariel button which had all 6 Princess on it even Jasmine. I had a good time there with the Princess exsplelly with a Snow White that was there that we became very good friends for almost 3 years in Oct of this year. But sad thing is that Snow White doesn't work for Disneyland anymore and I do miss her alot. This was the last picture I got of her when she was over at the PFF.

• Disneymom

We took my daughter a year ago and she completely loved it. The personal experience with the princesses' made it all worth the price.

• I'm not really here

We all went 2 years ago (2 kids and 4 adults, 3 girls and 3 guys) and we all loved it. The food was great, prices very reasonable, and the interaction with the princesses was priceless.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Wonderful place! My friends and I went twice in 2 days.

When I went the first time (which was back in February 2006) it was only $21.99 a person, then I went back in June 2007 and it was around $27 per person, but I recently went in April 2008 and it was $33, then I heard it went down again. I think price is based on what time of the year it is (and how busy the park is), although I could be wrong.

However, it's completely worth every penny. The food is good, and every Princess there comes by your table and spends a good amount of time with your family signing autographs and taking pictures, or just chatting. They're always super nice, very friendly, and funny!

My personal favorite part of the whole experience is the Royal Pages, though. Very friendly and funny people who help get the kids (and adults sometimes) excited about the Princesses coming down and are there to answer any questions you might have. My friends and I met one there and he was absolutely hilarious (my friends developed a crush on him) so he'd come and harass us whenever he got the chance.

I don't know if it's an occasional thing, but the first time I ate there they keep you upstairs while the Princesses finish their rounds from the crowds before and the Royal Pages asked everyone who their favorite Princesses were and then would tell you who was going to be there and get everyone excited. I'm not sure of the schedule and who comes out when, but I'm sure you could ask someone at the front if they know what Princesses will be coming out and when.

Ariel's always there, since it's her grotto, so your sister is set. The deserts there are absolutely delicious too! You get plenty for what you pay. Personally, I think it beats the Princess Fantasy Faire because the line for that thing can get REALLY long and you only get 3 Princesses and they change a lot. At AG, you have a much better chance of meeting the Princess you want, plus you get food, entertainment, and a nice place to sit while you wait for them. Not to mention, the view of the boardwalk is gorgeous and I love watching California Screamin' get launched off.