Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1

    • disney is love!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    i live in NOR*CAL
    Posts
    64

    i would like to know something about auditions!!

    ok i went for the disney fairies auditions this pass weekend i got to the casting place a 6 in the morning the first one there with my mom and so we where sitting on the bench waiting untill 9 am to roll around so auditioning to start! many girls came and waited in line.by the way i met 2 really good friends in line and of course i went in the auditioning room and didnt get chosen witch is fine because i was what they where looking for.so the group that didnt get chosen had too be exit to the gate and leave well i sat with my mom and my new friends mother waiting for her daughter to go in the auditioning room!! let me tell you my friend that i was waiting for was so pretty she was trying out for iradessa and she got chosen!! witch was wonderful well once me and my mom heard the good news we had to leave and go back home on a long drive to san francisco where we live..we left at 10:30 am on our way back home we got a phone call around 4 from my friends mother telling us what happen!! well the news i got me into a rage of anger!! she stated that her daughter went threw face,measuring, and wigging and all her daughter had to do was read a line well before she got to read a line they sent the 20 girls that got chosen to lunch to practice ..while they went to practice there lines another group of 20 girls all decet out in the disney fairies costume started to make there way threw the gates around 2 pm and one mom that was waiting for there daughter that got there at 9 am went up to one of the girls that where dect out in costumes and said what are you guys doing so the girl said we are here for the tinkerbell audition and we are with a agencies that made a appointment at 2 pm for all of us to come in !! well make the story short all the girls that got there at 9 am got dismiss right after they came back from lunch none of them got to speak a line!! i am in a rage of anger from all of this why doesnt disney tell you that you need a appointment i feel so bad for all the girls that got threw all almost all the rounds and had to be dismiss right after a group from a agencies got in at 2 pm in the after noon! thats so sad that disney is that lame when girls that really want it got there at 9 am and had there dreams smashed after being there for so long threw all the rounds when disney already knew that a group from a agencies is going to waltz right in..why have a audition stating it starts at 9 am but a agencies can have girls go in at any time!!

    no im not jelouse i think its so wrong for that it that can happen!!

  2. #2

    • Don't lets be silly! șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Passamaquoddy
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    I might be missing something, so I'm going to reread this.

    Still a little confused. Though I think there's a whole part of the story you're also missing. Are you sure they weren't from one of the other groups? It sounds a little odd that they would give people scrips and not have them read. Just keep in mind there's a whole lot to the story we don't know. I know that Michael and Amy work extremely hard at what they do.

    I wouldn't put too much thought into it. That's never happed to me at a Disney Audition; though I've only been to four.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 08-26-2008 at 08:39 PM.

  3. #3

    • disney is love!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    i live in NOR*CAL
    Posts
    64

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    just basically the group of 20 girls that got there at 9am got all dismiss right after lunch after another group of 20 girls got there from a agencie came in!!

  4. #4

    • Don't lets be silly! șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Passamaquoddy
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    I know for a fact that there was a group of friends which got there around 7am, and stayed until 8pm. So, I think there's more to this story.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 08-26-2008 at 08:39 PM.

  5. #5

    •   
    • Shenanigans.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Alhambra, CA
    Posts
    1,155

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    Show business is harsh. Sorry your experience was not pleasant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

  6. #6

    • disney is love!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    i live in NOR*CAL
    Posts
    64

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    o i know i wasnt expecting the moon lol i have been to a audition before just thought that whole thing was messed up!!

  7. #7

    • Don't lets be silly! șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Passamaquoddy
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkbaby182 View Post
    o i know i wasnt expecting the moon lol i have been to a audition before just thought that whole thing was messed up!!
    The way it sounds, truly wasn't all that great... sorry about that.

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    398

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    Im really sorry you experienced some distress and anguish ( as well as your friends)
    Situations like that.. can happen all the time in show business . Im sorry and I dont want to sound like I dont care, but its the business.

  9. #9

    • Magic Making
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    511

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    Here is something that really strikes me as odd, that they had them read scripts. I would think a animation exercise and a possible dance exercise would have been implemented.

  10. #10

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,975

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    The part about being told to go practice reading a line over lunch and then coming back, getting cut, and never getting a chance to read the line for them is the only harsh part I'm seeing here. An agency getting appointments might be annoying but as long as the casting is still done fairly it's not a big deal. It's not unprecedented though. At some auditions you're told to stick around a long time and that you'll be doing a dance again for them and then after a long wait is told they can go home without ever getting to do the dance again. This typically means they were a "B" group in case the casting people couldn't find all they were looking for from an "A" group that they were still working with. In other situations, everybody(without any "A" group "B" group distinction) is sent to lunch while they work out the grid including scheduling availability and make a lot of decisions so that when everybody gets back from lunch they might get told they're not needed anymore even though a lot of time was wasted doing nothing on their part.

  11. #11

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    936

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    Could somebody please translate the original story? Without any basic grammar, it gave me a headache after 3 lines. I really am interested in what happened, I simply can't get through the...paragraph?

  12. #12

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,975

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    Cliff notes:

    The original poster made a friend with someone while waiting in line. This friend made it past the initial cuts, was measured and wigged, and was told to go practice a line from a script over lunch. When she got back from lunch around 2pm she noticed a group of people walking in to an audition who said they were from an agency and had an appointment, even though she and everyone else had to get there by 9am. When the friend went back into the auditioning room she was let go along with the rest of her group without getting to read the line of dialogue she'd been practicing.

  13. #13

    • Functional & Decorative
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Eagle Rock, CA
    Posts
    1,091

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Could somebody please translate the original story? Without any basic grammar, it gave me a headache after 3 lines. I really am interested in what happened, I simply can't get through the...paragraph?
    Thank you... I was thinking the same thing. I can't stand "text talk".

    That said, sometimes show business falls your way, and sometimes it doesn't. Chalk it up to experience.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

  14. #14

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    936

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Cliff notes:
    Thank you!

  15. #15

    • Defying gravity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,345

    Re: i would like to know something about auditions!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkbaby182 View Post
    ok i went for the disney fairies auditions this pass weekend i got to the casting place a 6 in the morning the first one there with my mom and so we where sitting on the bench waiting untill 9 am to roll around so auditioning to start! many girls came and waited in line.by the way i met 2 really good friends in line and of course i went in the auditioning room and didnt get chosen witch is fine because i was what they where looking for.so the group that didnt get chosen had too be exit to the gate and leave well i sat with my mom and my new friends mother waiting for her daughter to go in the auditioning room!! let me tell you my friend that i was waiting for was so pretty she was trying out for iradessa and she got chosen!! witch was wonderful well once me and my mom heard the good news we had to leave and go back home on a long drive to san francisco where we live..we left at 10:30 am on our way back home we got a phone call around 4 from my friends mother telling us what happen!! well the news i got me into a rage of anger!! she stated that her daughter went threw face,measuring, and wigging and all her daughter had to do was read a line well before she got to read a line they sent the 20 girls that got chosen to lunch to practice ..while they went to practice there lines another group of 20 girls all decet out in the disney fairies costume started to make there way threw the gates around 2 pm and one mom that was waiting for there daughter that got there at 9 am went up to one of the girls that where dect out in costumes and said what are you guys doing so the girl said we are here for the tinkerbell audition and we are with a agencies that made a appointment at 2 pm for all of us to come in !! well make the story short all the girls that got there at 9 am got dismiss right after they came back from lunch none of them got to speak a line!! i am in a rage of anger from all of this why doesnt disney tell you that you need a appointment i feel so bad for all the girls that got threw all almost all the rounds and had to be dismiss right after a group from a agencies got in at 2 pm in the after noon! thats so sad that disney is that lame when girls that really want it got there at 9 am and had there dreams smashed after being there for so long threw all the rounds when disney already knew that a group from a agencies is going to waltz right in..why have a audition stating it starts at 9 am but a agencies can have girls go in at any time!!

    no im not jelouse i think its so wrong for that it that can happen!!
    Grammar and punctuation are definately your friends, especially if you have hopes for a career outside of show business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Auditions?
    By kchat393 in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 06:56 AM
  2. [Question] DCL auditions NYC May 11
    By emilybaden in forum Disney Cruise Lines
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 09:54 AM
  3. [Question] Auditions
    By emilybaden in forum Disney Cruise Lines
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2009, 06:03 PM
  4. POD Auditions
    By evan523 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 08:40 PM
  5. Seasonal auditions
    By Orcatime in forum Break Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •