Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    40

    Innoventions Dream Home

    How long is the Dream Home tour? 15 min?

    Also... from Screamscape

    "I heard a funny story shortly after the attraction opened that guests would get about 5-10 minutes into it and learn that they had a ways to go and were trapped in some of the various rooms waiting for CMs to allow them into the next room for the next scene of the story. Guests who wanted to leave apparently found themselves trapped and unable to escape as the CMs were not letting them move forward through the rest of the house and they were unable to go backwards either."

    Is this true.

  2. #2

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    40

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    Also also...

    Is it even worth going into?

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    It's ok to see once, but that's it. There's no time to it, you can spend however long you want in there.

  4. #4

    • You didn't see anything!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    Blog Entries
    29

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    They do about a 10 minute spiel about technology with instruments and stuff and then they let you lose. You can spend all the time you want in it.


  5. #5

    • WDW CP Spring 2013
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    504

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    The introduction is about 5 minutes and then you're off to explore the house for as long as you like.

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    And don't forget you have Tom Morrow in the video & the animatronic before hand. Not to mention the line, which has been quite long since the Dream Home opened.

  7. #7

    • MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2 miles closer to Disneyland!
    Posts
    4,374

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    They do about a 10 minute spiel about technology with instruments and stuff and then they let you lose. You can spend all the time you want in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_James View Post
    The introduction is about 5 minutes and then you're off to explore the house for as long as you like.
    Yep, what they said, and if you don't want to go through the spiel, you can skip that too. I found the whole thing to be underwhelming. A few things were kind of cool, but most of it...meh

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    Yep, what they said, and if you don't want to go through the spiel, you can skip that too. I found the whole thing to be underwhelming. A few things were kind of cool, but most of it...meh
    How do you skip it? Cuz I really don't want to stand through that ever again.

  9. #9

    • is enjoying a ukulele.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Franciscizzle.
    Posts
    141

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    I didn't even get a spiel, last time I was there. We went in through the "backyard" and ended up just walking around.

    My mother spent a lot of time at the piano. One of the CMs asked her to play (I don't think he expected her to know how to), and she played "When I Fall In Love". I think he was surprised. :P

  10. #10

    • MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2 miles closer to Disneyland!
    Posts
    4,374

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    How do you skip it? Cuz I really don't want to stand through that ever again.
    ...don't blame you! When you go in, stay towards the back of the group and just turn to your right and go out the back and head into the "house" at the next opening. After you've seen the spiel once, there's really no reason to have to sit through it again (I think there's different spiels, but I seem to keep getting the same one).

  11. #11

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    Personally I found it underwhelming. For anyone who is not familiar with the technology (that is what I do for a living) or in the industry it could potentially be eye opening. As others said the initial introduction is about 5 minutes. After that you can roam around and the cast holds shows in various rooms randomly. I really can't recommend any of the shows since I really wasn't all that impressed with anything in there. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  12. #12

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    ...don't blame you! When you go in, stay towards the back of the group and just turn to your right and go out the back and head into the "house" at the next opening. After you've seen the spiel once, there's really no reason to have to sit through it again (I think there's different spiels, but I seem to keep getting the same one).
    So make a right when you go in to the animatronic Tom Morrow?

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    367

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    It's the house of digital picture frames!! The only thing I really enjoyed was the Peter Pan room. Very cool!

  14. #14

    • MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2 miles closer to Disneyland!
    Posts
    4,374

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    So make a right when you go in to the animatronic Tom Morrow?
    Yep, when you go in and see Tom Morrow, turn right and just go into the next set, and find the first opening to enter the house.

    Quote Originally Posted by OCBear View Post
    It's the house of digital picture frames!! The only thing I really enjoyed was the Peter Pan room. Very cool!
    I liked the tables where you could change the pictures around, or "play" in the water.

  15. #15

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    40

    Re: Innoventions Dream Home

    So it sounds like nobody is a fan. Going to be there this Saturday, is it worth checking it out, if the experience is shorter than 20 min.

    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 10:56 PM
  2. [News] Designer Details "Dream Home" @ Innoventions (Merged)
    By tjcjr in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 07:00 AM
  3. Innoventions Dream Home AP Sneak Peek
    By Coast21 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 10:39 AM
  4. Sneak Peek at the New Innoventions Dream Home
    By snorkeld in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 01:25 PM
  5. Innoventions Dream Home?!?! Are you excited!?!?!
    By Micoofy Duck in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 07:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •