Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Smile Will the people mover ever come back?

After a sensational day at the DLR it was always great to ride this attraction at the end of the day........

• I'm not really here

Re: Will the people mover ever come back?

The shortest and most honest answer I can give you is...

Maybe. But probably not in the old format and there is no idea as to when.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

I'm sure they'll put something back up on the tracks. Only time will tell what and when, but they've got to do something eventually.

• Honorary Dapper Dan

I'm sure something will pop up there with the Tomorrowland update, whether it be the PeopleMover 2 or some other kind of attraction...

• We Want The Redhead

On August 10, our Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour guide announced completely unprompted by me (or anyone else) that plans are being made for the return of both, the People Mover as well as the Flying Saucers (though as flying tires). Now, I've been hearing this for many years and have yet to see any positive traction on either (bad pun intended), but it does tell me that the folks over there do know we want them back.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Is the PeopleMover in its old glory a compelling enough ride for today's guests? For me, the answer is YES! But I wonder if they put up a PeopleMover 2.0, with new technology and a new look, whether it would be "enough" for the average guest.

• Defying gravity

Oh good, there hasn't been a "bring back the Peoplemover" thread in a while...

• Cake Anyone?

I thought for sure I read some where that they were bring it back and that they were updating it so it would be relevant for today....
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Lets hope they do, but I hope it doesn't have a movie tie-in. I usually don't care about movie rides but for some reason I just don't like the thought of a people mover movie tie-in

• Defying gravity

As much as we all clamour for a PeopleMover return in DL, the PeopleMover...er, Tomorrowland Transit Authority...in the Magic Kingdom is usually pretty deserted. I wonder if the die hard fan base would be enough to give the ride a different reception in DL?

• =)

It definitely won't be brought back without changes for that very reason. If and when Disney does it, they'll make a big deal of it--fingers crossed for no movie tie-in!--with advertisements and everything. Hopefully there'll be some clever, appropriate, well-done show scenes in the less eventful areas, too. I'm crossing my fingers for something midway between the PeopleMover and the Rocket Rods...not slow, but not fast enough to create mechanical problems, either.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    the Flying Saucers (though as flying tires). Now, I've been hearing this for many years and have yet to see any positive traction on either (bad pun intended), but it does tell me that the folks over there do know we want them back.
    The Flying Saucers are coming back...in DCA...with Carsland, as Luigi's Roamin' Tires.

Info here in MasterGracey's wonderful project tracker thread.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    Now, I've been hearing this for many years and have yet to see any positive traction on either (bad pun intended), but it does tell me that the folks over there do know we want them back.
    The Flying Saucers are being brought back as part of Carsland over in the DCA makeover.

As for the PM, there have been rumors for years. I'm sure they are working on something, but no clues at all have been forthcoming as to timing and look/feel/theme of the attraction. It could be announced tomorrow, or in 10 years. Most likely is when the DCA stuff is well underway and after the Mark VII monorails are completely up and running at full capacity.

Just my 2 cents.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Couldn't the Superspeed Tunnels of Tron be a movie tie-in -- sort of? What about the Stormtrooper as you entered Star Tours.

There used to be movie tie-ins before. I don't care -- just bring it back!

The fact that the tracks have not been ripped out after all these years seems to indicate that there is still hope for the PM to be reborn.

I'd like to see it come back with a little bit of omnimover influence added to it. Configure the new vehicles so everyone faces the same direction and then use the omnimover technology to have the cars pan as they pass various points of interest. They may even be able to turn so the guests are facing sideways to allow the cars to pass through narrow areas that may be too narrow to allow adequate clearance for newer safety regs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast