View Poll Results: What do you think about the trams rides to the Esplanade from parking?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • No problem with them!

44 37.93%
  • They get annoying sometimes.

37 31.90%
  • I hate them!

10 8.62%
  • At least I don't have to walk...

25 21.55%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    I never park in the parking structure. We always stay right across the street Only have two trips have we parked in the structure, maybe 3 times total. :o
    same here :o

Except our last trip we didn't have a choice and I hated every minute of it. Such a waste of time. I'm way too impatient to wait for the tram and I can't stand being told where to park.

• Minion

I think some Disney fans get a little too crazy with their love for the park and every single pebble that ever existed on the property...

What's wrong with the Parking structure? It allows more guests to park in one convient and safe area. I hated the old parking structure and how you'd have to walk for days to reach the entrance. It was cool to be able to see the entrance from the parking lot, but so what, attendance at Disneyland has risen by a LOT. As far as the trams go, they are EXTREMELY effective at getting people in and out of the park. Who wants to walk back to your car after your feet hurt from walking around Disneyland all day?

The whole "I think Disneyland should have audio-animatronics on the tram, themeing in the parking structure, etc..." is a bit over board guys. At the end of the day, the tram is a method of transportation, and the parking structure is a storage facility. Ever been behind the park where guests aren't allowed? Most of you would freak if you saw how industrial it looks! And besides I'd rather them spend money on new attractions than the parking lot that I will be spending all of 10 min. in...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    As far as the trams go, they are EXTREMELY effective at getting people in and out of the park. Who wants to walk back to your car after your feet hurt from walking around Disneyland all day?
    And that is the main reason why I miss the old system, where the tram in the OLD parking lot would make about 10 to 12 stops, so you got really close to your car

Now, you have to walk to the escalators, get to your level, than walk sometimes a LONG way to get to your car. Yes, the trams do cut down on your walk, but nowhere near the way the old trams that drove around the lot did.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    same here :o

Except our last trip we didn't have a choice and I hated every minute of it. Such a waste of time. I'm way too impatient to wait for the tram and I can't stand being told where to park.
    You impatient? You not being able to stand being told to do something??I'm in shock

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

I admit, I've never really had to park REALLY far from the escalators since I usually get there pretty early. But I still think the parking lot is very practical. Vertical space takes up a less space than horizontal.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

Parking is parking. Who cares. You're there to visit Disneyland, not the parking lot. And those people that are seriously complaining about multiple tram stops in the parking lot (are we really that lazy of a society that we can't walk an extra ten minutes that day?)

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

The walk in isnt bad, but walking out is BAD, the feet are soo done , the arms are soo overloaded with souveniers and everyone has had it. Seriously I HATE that parking stucture at the end of the day. If going to the park in the late afternoon or early evening valet park at DT disney, have a bite, get validated go to the park enjoy till it closes , and with the validation the bring you your car for about 15.00. Very well worth it. We have also gone to brunch at TGC and valet parked, had brunch , gone to the park and parking was free with the Storyteller Brunch validation for the day.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    And that is the main reason why I miss the old system, where the tram in the OLD parking lot would make about 10 to 12 stops, so you got really close to your car
    Are you referring to the old parking lot trams, the ones that would (if you waited for the main crush of visitors to leave) take you down the aisle you parked on, and (with a little encouragement) would stop within 20 feet of your car?

"Hey, driver! It's the brown Ford LTD Squire Station Wagon on the left... Yeah, the 'woody' with the roof rack..."

You are right, I miss them too.

--<< Bruce >>--

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by HarajukuBoy
    Parking is parking. Who cares. You're there to visit Disneyland, not the parking lot. And those people that are seriously complaining about multiple tram stops in the parking lot (are we really that lazy of a society that we can't walk an extra ten minutes that day?)
    True, to a certain extent. The point, I think, is that it could have been done better. This isn't six flags or south coast plaza. It's Disneyland.

I'm not one of those that wants to keep things exactly as they were. I like change and new things. I think that Walt intended that the park continue to change and grow.

Is it just parking? yep. could the disney expierience start as soon as you turn off of Bell road? Yes. It could and it should.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

I understand that it could be done better, but I don't think the old parking lot entailed any magic either. Just because you could see the park entrance didn't make it special to me. We're all titled to our opinions though. I'm just letting y'all know mine. Continue discussion

• I was deleted.

Timon parking.

From all of your bickering I'm glad that we have parked where we have. We have been lucky enough to park in the Timon parking lot most of the time on our trips, or else in Chip & Dale or requested to go to Pinocchio (technically anyone can). Why? Because my mother has a handicap sign. It's sad, but at Disneyland and ESPECIALLY WDW (where there isn't one main parking structure) it has been the most helpful. I personally could keep going, but with her arthritis, pulled muscles, etc. she is in pain constantly. We used to do the parks from before open until after close. We still do now, but have to make more stops. Luckily this isnít one more stop we have to make. (Or else I would constantly hear what youíre all saying from my mom.)

• Rat Tat Tat.

I see many of you think it could have been done better...what would you say they should do or have done to fix it?

• Minion

Ignorant question I know, but since my last visit to Disneyland in April 04', I haven't been there in October of 99'. So the parking was still the same, obviously when the new parking structure was built the large DL sign was taken down as well? This disheartened me, I always looked for that sign everytime I visited, it put me at ease knowing I WAS at Disneyland. So yeah that would be my only gripe about the parking system, the removal of the sign. I have never seen the parking structure, since I stayed at the StayBridge Suites on my last visit, I used the ART system.

I personally like the trams, on my last day there my family decided to stay until closing time instead of rushing for the ART. I really do love the smell of the trams though, by the way this is coming from a girl who loves the smell of gasoline. :o
    Last edited by Modern Folly; 02-20-2005 at 09:29 AM.

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by revol yensid
    I see many of you think it could have been done better...what would you say they should do or have done to fix it?
    I don;t think there is much that can be done to fix it now, because I think they should have put the structure adjacent to DTD so that you could walk out of the structure right into DTD.

The big problem with the PS is that if you get stuck back in the back corner it's a much longer walk than it used to be in the parking lot because of the multiple tram stops. I'm not lazy, just impatient We have parking passes and kept on parking in the lot until they wouldn't let us

At a minumum I'd put a series of escalators at the other end of the PS and in the middle and move the tram stop to the middle of the PS, or I'd have 2 or 3 tram stops.

What would be really cool would be to extend the monorail and put a station and ticket booth right there, but you might bypass DTD and not buy anything, so that will never happen...

This is not really all that big of deal to me, but this is a thread about parking...

• Waiting for the monorail

I've been lucky to park in Timon on all but two trips. I usually make day trips and right after Matt took over they were testing the closing of Timon. So I had no choice.

Was I ever sorry. Even in the early spring, we couldn't find handicapped parking spaces. Now when I'm with my sister I don't use my wheelchair due to it causing her pain to get worse and the fact we can't get a handicapped space in this lot. So here we are, with pain and stiff legs, having to walk quite a distance, and across those bushes, to the tram. Then when we got to DL we didn't even get off in front of the park! Worst experience in our lives. When we had to go back to our cars, we were tired and in pain. By the time we got to the car we were fighting each other over nothing because we both were doing so horribly.

The second time was just as bad. Have they opened Timon back up on slow days?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast