View Poll Results: What do you think about the trams rides to the Esplanade from parking?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • No problem with them!

44 37.93%
  • They get annoying sometimes.

37 31.90%
  • I hate them!

10 8.62%
  • At least I don't have to walk...

25 21.55%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Rat Tat Tat.

Trams and Parking at Disneyland

What are your thoughts on the tram system and parking at the Disneyland Resort? Each time I ride the tram I wonder why they haven't incorporated anything along the route to the stops...something like Universal has with its tram down the hill to the lower lot. It seems like Disney would take advantage of this prime time to capture its guests attention while they are forced to be sitting there. Where is you favorite place to park? Any rituals...?

• that's right!

I've never thought about it, really. It's transportation.

• no flash photography...

I just don't like the hassle of using them and the smell that comes form them that burns my eyes. I ahve to admit, when they first started them I thought they were cool, but 5 years later and they have turned into a PITA. I think most peopple who don't visit alot would like them. All of last year I use the tram twice. I try to avoid it now...LOL

• Rat Tat Tat.

I hate sitting in the back of the first car...the exhaust heads straight there. I think they run on ethane or some kind of natural gas.

• I like Cheese...

I hate the new parking structure and the associated tram ride. I guess I hate the parking structure more and I am agnostic about the tram ride. The references to "how Walt would have done it" probably gets old after while to some, but I just can't see Walt designing something this way. This (parking structure) is appropriate for a business complex or a shopping mall. not to DL. IMO they should have put the parking structire where the DTD parking is and allowed people to take the monorail into the park or DTD from there. It's not like they don't own all the property on both sides of West st., for the most part - they could have done a much better job. I have heard that Eisner personally approved the plans for the structure and even the traffic pattern, which was changed shortly after it opened because they were not efficient. No surprises there...

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by revol yensid
    I hate sitting in the back of the first car...the exhaust heads straight there. I think they run on ethane or some kind of natural gas.
    Propane. Hank Hill would be proud.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Do they have any propane accessories?

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon
    One could argue that the tram is a propane accessory, allbeit a big one.

• Rat Tat Tat.

If you include the Mainstreet vehicles...but I don't think Hank sells those.

I just try to sit in the back to avoid the fumes.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Such as what? A grill/BBQ on the back of the tram? or how about using some of that propane for heaters, that tram ride can get pretty chilly!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    IMO they should have put the parking structire where the DTD parking is and allowed people to take the monorail into the park or DTD from there. It's not like they don't own all the property on both sides of West st., for the most part - they could have done a much better job. I have heard that Eisner personally approved the plans for the structure and even the traffic pattern, which was changed shortly after it opened because they were not efficient. No surprises there...
    Then the city of Anaheim wouldn't have helped to foot the bill. The structure also serves as overfill parking for the nearby Convention Center.

GCH was purposely designed with out a Monorail because of 1. it's proximity to the parks; 2. a DCA stop would cause way too much confusion between single day DL and DCA ticker holders versus people who are able to park hop and finally; 3. would allow on-site guests to bypass the fancy new DTD which serves as a major passageway to the parks from the hotels.
    Last edited by dlfreak; 02-18-2005 at 07:45 PM.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Disney fans for life!

During the major construction/re-hab days when they first introduced those trams, the CM's would highlight the fact that each tram cost 1.2 million to purchase.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how anyone could justify that kind of cost for the tram. Even if you figured on 100K for the tractor, the eight or so trailers behind it couldn't be worth that much???

No wonder the prices keep going up!

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan
    During the major construction/re-hab days when they first introduced those trams, the CM's would highlight the fact that each tram cost 1.2 million to purchase.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how anyone could justify that kind of cost for the tram. Even if you figured on 100K for the tractor, the eight or so trailers behind it couldn't be worth that much???

If they are unique to Disney then I can see how it can be this costly. There is no construction line to build the limited number so each mechanical piece had to be specially made and they had to be specially assembled. I doubt it really cost THAT much but I can see it being quite costly.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan

For that price, why didn't they just make a Peoplemover-style thing?!?! Less cast memebers to operate it...just make them larger to accomodate wheelchairs and strollers... :confused:

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast