Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Pirate - G'har!

Tower of Terror - Just what exactly are the differences between California and Paris?

I know there are, essentially, very few, but I was just wondering what exactly the differences were between the two very similar versions of the tower at California and Paris?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: Tower of Terror - Just what exactly are the differences between California and Pa

I'm not entirely sure but from what I know, the exterior part of the building has a little bit of a different design and Paris' has themed restrooms where DCA's doesn't.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Pirate - G'har!

Re: Tower of Terror - Just what exactly are the differences between California and Pa

Sounds major. So no differences inside? I was under l'impression that one was slightly taller (I know the DCA one is better located, but hey, no themed loos).

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Have you seen the Tokyo Disney Seas one its totally different and totally awesome of course like everything at TDS. We got so ripped off............

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Sounds major. So no differences inside? I was under l'impression that one was slightly taller (I know the DCA one is better located, but hey, no themed loos).
    I believe Paris' is smaller but I think that has to do with laws in France.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Pirate - G'har!

TDS's tower is indeed pretty in ways (and a similar shape to the DCA/WDS version) but the story and concepts sound quite awful, very complex and thoroughly thought-out, but lacking the great twilight zone connection that I think really makes the original version and a bit cheesy with the stolen idol etc. I also think I might miss the faded Hollywood glitz and glamour. Of course, I have never ridden it (thus I expect a series of complaints from TDR lovers). I know Paris' ToT has some gardens, though small ones at that, but I don't know whether DCA has the same. Certainly I think WDW has the best looking tower with the best queue.

One is in California and one is in Paris ... I think .

• Cove Bar Official Dj

Quote Originally Posted by brandond6 View Post
    One is in California and one is in Paris ... I think .
    great concept!
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

• or CBF

TDS's tower is indeed pretty in ways (and a similar shape to the DCA/WDS version) but the story and concepts sound quite awful, very complex and thoroughly thought-out, but lacking the great twilight zone connection that I think really makes the original version and a bit cheesy with the stolen idol etc. I also think I might miss the faded Hollywood glitz and glamour. Of course, I have never ridden it (thus I expect a series of complaints from TDR lovers). I know Paris' ToT has some gardens, though small ones at that, but I don't know whether DCA has the same. Certainly I think WDW has the best looking tower with the best queue.
    TDS's tower is not supposed to be connected to The Twilight Zone at all. There is no mention of it throughout the ride.

As for the WDS and DCA versions, I'm pretty sure that there's really no difference between the two.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• I'm not really here

The Paris version was designed at the same time as the Tokyo version but was put on hold due to financial problems. Then it was greenlit for DCA. Eventually it was greenlit for WDS in Paris as well.

The DCA version is built mainly of steel while the Paris version is concrete construction (French construction standards) and Paris is indeed less tall than DCA's version.

There are also a fair number of detailed thematic differences (Paris being much more detailed in places) between the two. For instance, exposed brick in DCA is usually a paint detail whereas in Paris it is actual brick work that is "exposed".

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Pirate - G'har!

Hmm, shorter but more detailed, eh? It really isn't size that matters. And I am aware that TDS's was intended to have no Twilight Zone connection, that's the point I'm making.

• I'm not really here

Hmm, shorter but more detailed, eh? It really isn't size that matters. And I am aware that TDS's was intended to have no Twilight Zone connection, that's the point I'm making.
    Which is totally true. I wasn't even talking about the TDS version since the OP is about DCA vs. Paris.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

It's not that they didn't want it, but rather that Japanese guests don't know what the Twilight Zone is.

• Pirate - G'har!

I know the reasons, I just think it might not work in the same way since the original was so inspired. I was taliking to caesarboxfan when I said I knew it had no connection also.

• Mrs. J. Depp

You should know by now that we always get the short end of the stick when it comes to this stuff. Disney Tokyo and actually all of the other overseas parks are ten times better than DLR and WDW.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast