View Poll Results: Would you like a Sleepy Hollow Dark Ride in Fantasyland?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think a Sleepy Hollow Dark ride would be awesome!

49 75.38%
  • No, to old a film and too scary for kids.

16 24.62%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Sleepy Hollow Dark Ride in Fantasyland

Wow I think I heard of this before but forgot it. While looking into "real" ghost sightings at the HM (because of an experience I had monday at HM see my other post on energy sucking ghost) I rediscovered that the very first concept Walt had for a HM was based on the great classic short The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

Which is still a great Halloween favorite of many and led to Tim Burton making his movie version.

So I thought what a great idea for a new Fantasyland Dark Ride yeah I know its a very old cartoon and there are allot new ones but this one has been remembered by many for decades and is still very popular with the large goth crowd and it seems like a PERFECT idea for a Dark Ride in the Fantasyland style. I can see it being like the scary part of the Snow White ride thru the forest.

I wouldnt want them to rip any existing rides out maybe they could gut out the fast food joint they have next to Pinnochio (but I guess thats a cash cow) or maybe better yet put the entrance opposite that where the old skyway haus is and decorate that wooded hillside like Sleepy Hollow so have a hill instead of building and the attraction behind it?

Or maybe not Fantasyland but over in the area where Pooh is, in fact rip out Pooh and put it there! lol I know its a theme violation but then so is Pooh and just about all the new stuff lately and this is one I could live with, its even got a great song! actually turning the whole Pooh Pooh area into a sleepy Hollow area would be awesome and its right near the Haunted Mansion hmm could be a whole Halloween themed area in October but then there Splash mtn stuck in the middle....

Would be a great draw at Halloween time.

oh well just a thought... :-)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    ó Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." óWalt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." óWalt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." óWalt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." óWalt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." óWalt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense ó has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." óWalt Disney

• Planning my next trip

Re: Sleepy Hollow Dark Ride in Fantasyland

Can they merchandise this face?

• Collision speed....FULL!

How about they rip out Fantasyland theater, then they can add three more rides including this one there!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

This was one of my favorite movies when I was little. Don't understand how anyone could say it's too scary imao. People are so overprotective these days....

• Banned User

This was originally planned for WDW's Fantasyland, instead of them getting Mr Toad.

• I'm not really here

It is an intriguing idea and could be really amazing.

I definitely don't think it is too scary. Hello... Snow White's Scary Adventure? Nothing much more scary in Ichabod's story.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    This was originally planned for WDW's Fantasyland, instead of them getting Mr Toad.
    Thats interesting never heard that before, I think it would be a great addition and could next too Mr toad but shouldnt replace any rides.

I can just hear the frog's croaking now " Ichabod...Ichabod..." as you go past the whistling reeds by the old covered bridge... all illuminated by blacklight of course :-)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    ó Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." óWalt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." óWalt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." óWalt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." óWalt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." óWalt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense ó has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." óWalt Disney

• Hello Dolly.

WDW was going to get it. I like the idea since i really like Sleepy Hollow and it can be made into a really cool dark ride. The old Skyway building would be cool they can make that hill very creppy.

• Oo-de-lally

I would love for Disney to build this ride. I think that Disneyland needs a new great dark ride. Don't get me wrong I love all the old ones but now with all the new technology that is available they could do some amazing special effects. Especially the scene with the wooden bridge and the fire. It could be amazing.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Pirate for life

To follow what Luke said, I believe the original idea for the Haunted Mansion was instead dealing with the headless horseman. I could be wrong but I thought I read that at doombuggies.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Stich626 View Post
    To follow what Luke said, I believe the original idea for the Haunted Mansion was instead dealing with the headless horseman. I could be wrong but I thought I read that at doombuggies.com
    That was one of the original ideas, however what I said was a completely different idea that came to pass after Disneyland's Mansion was close to opening I should think.

• =)

This could be pretty cool, though I'm not a huge fan of Fantasyland-style dark rides. I'm more of an HM/POTC guy myself...I prefer the more immersive, less cartoony environments. But that's just me. If a new movie-based FL dark ride were created, Sleepy Hollow would be a good choice.

Space really is an issue, though. The hill in FL would be a great choice...except there's no room for a show building. =( I couldn't care less if Pooh were replaced...except it hardly seems appropriate to replace one thematically wrong attraction with another, especially when the first is only a few years old. Village Haus is a possibility, I suppose, though it'd be a small attraction. The Fantasyland Theater seems like the best bet to me, and I really wouldn't mind if it's replaced. As Nautilus pointed out, there'd be room for more than one new attraction back there, provided they weren't huge.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Definitely a fan of this idea.....the movie is classic, great atmosphere and it could be a fun, slightly spooky ride indeed and good music, so all the right elements.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by rokketride View Post
    Can they merchandise this face?

Of course they can. who can't resist that face.

I love this idea. I wish Disney would look back to their old films for inspiration more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast