Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

When did my AP privileges vanish?!

Okay, so I went to Disneyland on Sunday with my family. We went to Hungry Bear for some lunch, and I pulled out my Premium Annual Passport to get my discount. I was informed that I don't get discounts there.

WHAT THE...

I have been to Disneyland several times this summer, heck, within the past month, and I have always gotten a discount there. And I know it used to say it on the website (now it's gone, I don't know why)...I'm really mad now because I had printed out the paperwork telling me that I got a discount there, but some water spilt on it and it had to be thrown out...

After my complaints, they got a lead out, and she told me she had worked at Hungry Bear for a year and they had never given discounts.

Am I the only one that has experienced this? And should I go and complain to City Hall when I go this weekend, or should I email them?
    Last edited by pineapplewhipaddict; 08-29-2005 at 09:04 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: When did my AP privilages vanquish?!

^ I feel you. I can remember when we used to get AP discounts at Hungry Bear, Tomorrowland Terrace, Plaza Inn, Redd Rockets, etc, etc, etc.

It seems there are ALOT more discounts at DCA than at DL. We don't usually at at DL anymore since they don't have any "Atkins friendly" places for the wife to eat at. We usually end up somewhere in DtD anymore.

I still say Taste Pilots and WhiteWater Snacks are better than most any fast service restaurant in the resort.

• CM for 4 years!

They're reworking a lot of the AP discounts. Beginning yesterday, All Deluxe and SoCal passes get a 10% discount at the Blue Bayou. Maybe they've decided to exclude the Hungry Bear now? But then, going to the AP web site, I see that they haven't updated the page with this information yet. So maybe you just got lucky before, and maybe it was the CMs who were mistaken. Who knows?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Señor User

And yet they have upped the discount at Hook's Point to 15% effective this past weekend.
    I need to get a life...

• Minion

I don't think they've ever vanquished anything...
    Oh! Vanished! I get it now! (Sorry, had to do it!)

• Banned User

Um nothing vanished to my knowledge. My friend has a premium and no one has ever told us she couldn't use the discounts. We eat at the park once or twice a week and we always use her discount. Maybe we're just getting lucky?

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ I feel you. I can remember when we used to get AP discounts at Hungry Bear, Tomorrowland Terrace, Plaza Inn, Redd Rockets, etc, etc, etc.
    They still do Redd Rockets discounts. And Plaza Inn as well, unless that has changed from like two weeks ago. I'd check the website, but we all know how often they update that... LOL

And I don't recall the last time that Hungry Bear had an AP discount. It hasn't been for years. I got POed when they got rid of it at the Cafe Orleans and River Bell Terrace also
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Okay, so I went to Disneyland on Sunday with my family. We went to Hungry Bear for some lunch, and I pulled out my Premium Annual Passport to get my discount. I was informed that I don't get discounts there.

WHAT THE...

I have been to Disneyland several times this summer, heck, within the past month, and I have always gotten a discount there. And I know it used to say it on the website (now it's gone, I don't know why)...I'm really mad now because I had printed out the paperwork telling me that I got a discount there, but some water spilt on it and it had to be thrown out...

After my complaints, they got a lead out, and she told me she had worked at Hungry Bear for a year and they had never given discounts.

Am I the only one that has experienced this? And should I go and complain to City Hall when I go this weekend, or should I email them?
    We've been PAPs for 7 years, and I don't recall ever getting discounts there. I know last Dec and July we went there, ordered, showed my AP only to be declined (I knew it would be, but I figure it never hurts to try.)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    I don't think they've ever vanquished anything...
    Oh! Vanished! I get it now! (Sorry, had to do it!)
    Hahaha, now I must blame my teen ignorance for words. I will change it.

• Beyond Your Experience

Are you serious, you complained loudly enough about a 10% discount until they had to call a lead?!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by ChazVanEyck
    Are you serious, you complained loudly enough about a 10% discount until they had to call a lead?!
    No no no, in fact I told the CMs that I didn't want to be mean to them in any way and that I knew they were just doing their job (I wasn't yelling or anything, I just asked to be explained to why I wasn't getting a discount when I'd gotten them before, so they got the lead out to give me a reason). The two girls at the cashier didn't have an answer, that's why they brought a lead out.

Now if it was my mother, then there would be yelling... She likes to make a big commotion at fast food places every single time we go. I always feel terribly bad for the cashiers (they're just doing their job), so after watching my mother I decided that I'd never make them feel awful.

Sorry that I wasn't clear enough.

• Beyond Your Experience

No no no, in fact I told the CMs that I didn't want to be mean to them in any way and that I knew they were just doing their job (I wasn't yelling or anything, I just asked to be explained to why I wasn't getting a discount when I'd gotten them before, so they got the lead out to give me a reason). The two girls at the cashier didn't have an answer, that's why they brought a lead out.

Now if it was my mother, then there would be yelling... She likes to make a big commotion at fast food places every single time we go. I always feel terribly bad for the cashiers (they're just doing their job), so after watching my mother I decided that I'd never make them feel awful.

Sorry that I wasn't clear enough.
    Cool, fair enough.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Hahaha, now I must blame my teen ignorance for words. I will change it.
    Well, while you're at it...

privilege

sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

BTW, it's been many years since they've offered AP discounts at the Hungry Bear Restaurant. If you've gotten one there more recently; it may have been a mistake. I recently got an AP discount at Cafe Orleans, and went back the very next day only to be told that AP discounts don't apply there. I didn't argue, because I remembered that there are no AP discounts there! I just lucked out the day before. I believe they still offer them at the French Quarter.

This is just a theory, but I think the reason might be because food service CM's move around from restaurant to restaurant, and it's hard to keep track of which restaurants they're supposed to give the discounts at. If they've just worked for five days at the French Quarter, and then they start a shift the next day at Cafe Orleans, when a guest whips out their AP they might just punch it in out of habit without thinking. Just my guess. And the reason why I always ask, just in case!!

--Jonathan

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    We've been PAPs for 7 years, and I don't recall ever getting discounts there. I know last Dec and July we went there, ordered, showed my AP only to be declined (I knew it would be, but I figure it never hurts to try.)
    We've only been for 2 years but me neither.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Disney Nerd

Dont worry guys!

As of Sept. 2nd ALL resturants will be giving AP discounts.

10% for So Cals & Deluxe
    15% for Premium

It's no longer going to be just the table service & buffets! ALL, even us fast food (QSR's) will be giving them. You can now get a discount on your hot dog at toontown, your skewer at bengal, your chili bowl at coke corner, and yes...even your burger at hungry bear, or village haus, or club buzz. whereever you should choose to get your burger fix.

just a head's up!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast