Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Ghost photos I took at Disneyland Halloween 07

Hi, here's some photos I have been meaning to post, I took them last Halloween at Disneyland at the Haunted Mansion and at the Ranch area. It was my experience with the energy sucking ghost at the Mansion on monday which I posted and another post someone has about ghost sightings at DL that finally led me to post them now.

These were taken with a disposable camera you can buy at most Halloween stores and online, it somehow at random places "ghosts" into your photos this is purely by chance choice of images and placement what strikes me is how well the ghosts were chosen and placed exactly for the locations I was shooting! Its almost as if "something" was directing the shots.

This was the first time I had ever used one of these cameras so I had no idea at all how it would work or come out... I therefore didn't nor couldn't have made any attempt to take photos that would come in any predetermined way. I just shot pix of stuff.

Results were surprising to say the least here they are....

p.s. I bought another for this Halloween

The best one this little "ghost" just happens to be sitting in the pumpkin patch on the lawn of the Haunted Mansion.

This one is interesting because if the guy was mirrored on the left he would be placed exactly on the seat of the hearse but in true mansion humor fashion being a ghost he is not and floating off into the air! :-)

This couple seems to be looking down from the balcony.

A Jack Skellington like jack o lantern in the Haunted Mansion Holiday decorated stretch gallery.

A ghost seems to be dancing around in the gallery.

Outside on the approach to the BTM Ranch ... another perfect placement.

Reaper in the trees....

A popup spook I guess he wanted to be in the mansion graveyard but I wouldnt shoot flash pix in there.....

A couple of settlers by their wagon

This reveler seems to be pickled .... good thing he is in the pickle barrel! lol

The jackolantern again this time in a pumpkin patch

A couple of tourists in the log cabin or are they former occupants??

Here's the Camera I used.

Last edited by GothicManor; 08-20-2008 at 10:07 AM.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Banned User

Re: Ghost photos I took at Disneyland Halloween 07

That's a pretty neat little gizmo. I'd love for Disney to come out with one of those except with HM ghosts instead.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Spooky.

Last edited by MsSarah; 11-03-2008 at 05:17 PM.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Very cool!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Now if you could get Walt in one of those photos...

• WouldRatherBeAtDisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    That's a pretty neat little gizmo. I'd love for Disney to come out with one of those except with HM ghosts instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    Now if you could get Walt in one of those photos...
    Absolutely yes to both! That would be very cool...

• Cake Anyone?

I have never heard of that camera before but it is really cool.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

So given the placement of the ghosts, do you know in advance where in the frame they will be so you can better incorporate them?

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

That's a neat camera! I'm amazed that you caught so many ghosts wandering around the park...
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by haunted_hottie View Post
    That's a neat camera! I'm amazed that you caught so many ghosts wandering around the park...
    Not really too amazing--considering the camera box advertises, "Find a ghost in every frame!"

• Banned User

I have never heard of such a camera, but, what a fun thing to do! This one is beyond creepy!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Those are pretty neat!! And some of them came out almost too perfect.

oh man, those are awesome!

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    So given the placement of the ghosts, do you know in advance where in the frame they will be so you can better incorporate them?
    Nope not at all, I knew nothing about what it might look like before I shot the pix, as you can see by the choice of ghost image and placement it seems all to be very random and they arent even just off to the corners either some are near the center.

So I just took pix like I would with any camera of all the Holiday decor and was surprised how the choice of ghost and their placement was so perfect.

From the outside and how you use it its just like any other disposable camera you see nothing in the view finder which is just a rectangular hole to frame your image.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Not really too amazing--considering the camera box advertises, "Find a ghost in every frame!"
    Aww, the fun factor makes for the "amazing" photos.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast