Did the Splash Mountain Penny Press become the new Wall*e Nickel Press?

So I was reading Cindy's updated news and noted this item that there is now a Wall*e nickel press machine in Disneyland. On my last two visits to Disneyland I had noticed that the Splash Mountain penny press machine had disappeared (it was located at the very exit of the attraction; the change box is still sitting next to the empty space though).

I couldn't help but wonder if Splash Mountain became Wall*e. Does anyone know? Any chance that the Splash Mountain press might return?? I'm guessing not, as it's been gone at least 3 months now. I had loved that it had a little model of Splash Mountain inside of the machine. Lucky for me I had gotten a pressed penny on my last trip before the machine disappeared!

Thanks
    Brer Dan

Quoting from Cindy's Disneyland Resort Page (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/newsandinfo.html)

August 3, 2008 - Wall-E nickel press machine - Walking through the Candy Palace tonight, I happened to glance over at a machine and much to my surprise and delight, I noticed that it was a nickel press machine featuring Wall-E. There are actually three different designs: one of just Wall-E himself, one of Eve with her "plant indicator" on, and one of Wall-E holding the plant. Each costs $0.80 (three quarters to pay for the process and the nickel to be pressed that you get back). The machine is located just to the left of the fudge counter. Here's a picture of the designs from the machine. NEW 8/3/2008

Re: Did the Splash Mountain Penny Press become the new Wall*e Nickel Press?

I think the "Main Street Vehicles" press became the WALL-E press. I didn't hunt around for the vehicle coins very much but the WALL-E press is in the same location they were usually in. The Splash Mt. press is highly themed and really can't be used for anything but Splash Mt. or maybe Critter Country coins without looking very out of place.

Thanks much! I hadn't seen a picture of the Wall*e machine to see how it compares, but you're probably right that they aren't a match.

I wonder what *is* going to happen with the Splash Mountain machine then.....

Quote Originally Posted by Grandicorney View Post
    I think the "Main Street Vehicles" press became the WALL-E press. I didn't hunt around for the vehicle coins very much but the WALL-E press is in the same location they were usually in. The Splash Mt. press is highly themed and really can't be used for anything but Splash Mt. or maybe Critter Country coins without looking very out of place.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

For the past year, every single time I've seen the Splash Mountain Penny Press, it's had a sign saying that it's not working...which has been very frustrating because I've wanted to get one :P

Maybe (hopefully) they're trying to refurbish it. I don't think it could be used for anything else because of how unique it is.

There's a new WALL-E machine?! I'm so hunting that one down.

Thank you so much for this thread. My boyfriend and I are I'm DL and haven't been able to find much Wall-e stuff. We love the pressed coins, so we went to check it out tonight.

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    For the past year, every single time I've seen the Splash Mountain Penny Press, it's had a sign saying that it's not working...which has been very frustrating because I've wanted to get one :P
    Yea, as I recall it, it almost never worked. I got a penny ONCE there, years back, before even the 50th. I figured it was gone for good. I guess only time will tell if it's coming back or not.