Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation POTC Refurb Article

OK..i was checking out the POTC site...tellnotales.com and ifound an interesting article written by jim hill.

in a nutshel...it explains that REFURB of potc everyone wants to know. according to him and his HIGHLY trusted source, it explains that the Current idea for POTC refurb is this:

in the daytime.. the classic POTC will run regularly. at night..things will change..just like Rockit mountain. Remember the movie, how at day the pirates are normal but at night..they become skeletons? at the battleship scene with the castle and ship..those pirates would be skeleton AAs and night, and instead of at that scene making a right into the classic route, the disney imagineers would insert another straight between the ship and the spanish fort BEhIND the current sets. there is supposedly a lot of room for boat storage and stuff...and behind there they'd install the new NIGHTIME version..supposedly a MUCH scarier version with skeleton pirates fighting and attempting to board your ship!!! it'd be MUCH scarier than the current POTC...

disneyland has this..daytime nighttime thing going on here! haha how odd..but sorta cool

i doubt this can go up in three months..but it's a nice idea though1 i think it's cool haha
    Last edited by dchun2007; 08-29-2005 at 08:21 PM.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Banned User

Re: New POTC Refurb News!!!

Old news... and Jim's giving you the blue sky version. Though with Matt in power, anything is possible. But don't get your hopes up to Jim's level.

• FastPass n00b

This is only a 3 and a half month refurb and it sounds like it would take a lot longer than that to install all the stuff. Also, the logistics of turning the AA into skeletons is pretty hard, you'd have to have 2 sets of AA and you'd have to have some way of swapping them quickly. Then there's the issue of this being Walt's last fully supervised attraction. Disneyland isn't going to be able to completely change the ride, especially to make it scary.

I'm afraid I have to side with Bill on this one. It just isn't feasible for such a relatively short down time. We gotta remember that it took Space/Rockit Mountain 2.5 years and we all knew years in advance what it was going to entail. If there was something as big and elaborate as a brand new PotC, Al definitely would have heard something by now.

These are very exciting ideas (and I hate to say this...) I'm afraid that's all they will be. This update will most likely be like Splash Mountain, HM, and Jungle Cruise...updated and plussed, but not a huge departure from the original.

But thank you for the article, it's a nice read.

• Official Mice Chat person

It's a fantastic idea, but like others have said, it probably wont happen.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Al has hinted at some impressive additions planned for the rehab, but hasn't been more specific than that. It sounds like whatever they add will not be noticable until they decide to turn it on, like the lighting effects for "Rockit Mountain"

Hopefully that means subtle and cool. I personally HATE the idea of a different ride at night. It's a classic ride and to change it so drastically kind of disgusts me. I REALLY hope Jim is wrong about this one.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Hooterville, USA

Why screw with perfection?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

Ummm, this is not correct. There is no room in the show building for any of this. The boat stoare area (which you are speaking of to be "converted") has only about 10 feet of room on the one side and zero room on the other side and a ceiling of about 10 feet. There will be no night version. Sorry.

FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• Banned User

can some one tell mewhen this refurb is coming and how long it will be before being up again? we are going april 3 thru the 8th and I so do not want to miss it. ( it is better to refurb so if this happens while I am there oh well. things need to be updates so I understand. But I hate to have to miss it

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I believe the refurb will begin in January of 2006- you should just miss it- it is suppossed to come back online in late march.

That date has not been "officially" published, but that's what I have heard.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• oh bugger

I don't mean to be all negative or anything, but JH doesn't seem to be right very often. I don't even bother anymore because chances are Al will gloss over his blue sky rumors, but never give them that much ink, mainly because thats what message boards are for, rumors and speculation and what ifs, not full on articles.

I'm with most everyone else, the chances of this happening, even if they had the time, the space and the money to devote to this sort of project, I just don't think they would. A refurb with some updates are fine, clean it up, maybe undo some of the refurb work from the PC makeover, but other then that I think we'd be more likely to see money saved for a better project than a nightime version of Pirates.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I suggest you read Al's update today www.miceage.com. He explains what is REALLY going on with Pirates.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• See what I got?

Well, this is just my opinion, but I hope they don't make it scarier, as then it will be difficult to take little kids to ride it. Esp. if they have something where it looks like skeleton pirates are trying to board! Yikes!

• oh bugger

best way to start out my workday.. thanks Dusty!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    I suggest you read Al's update today www.miceage.com. He explains what is REALLY going on with Pirates.
    ^^
    OK, I was reading this whole thread after the update and thinking, "What is wrong with all these people? He already said they're not doing the day/night ride." But then you posted this and it made me feel less crazy.

I don't really like the idea of adding the movie into the ride but Iím sure they'll do a nice job with it. I just wish that instead of redoing rides, especially ones that are fine in their current state, create some new ones.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    can some one tell mewhen this refurb is coming and how long it will be before being up again? we are going april 3 thru the 8th and I so do not want to miss it. ( it is better to refurb so if this happens while I am there oh well. things need to be updates so I understand. But I hate to have to miss it
    Apologies for mentioning another board here, but in MousePlanet's DLR update this week they are going on the record with a March 6-June 16 POTC refurb. If so, you will miss POTC in April. Bummer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast