Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Solo trip to the magic kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by KAN View Post
    I sometimes go solo on my family... Don't know if that counts, but it's sure as hell fun!!!
    Ditto!

Hey! I'm in San Jose too!! I teach up here and I'm always going back and forth to visit my family in OC. I have an AP so I try to visit the park every time I head back, even if it is for a few hours. I've done solo trips....kinda....I don't go on rides, I just wander and take pictures. I don't think I'm secure enough to go solo on rides....I'm afraid that other people will think I'm weird or pathetic if I go on rides by myself....

My best score ever!

• MC, this is LD

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    Hey! I'm in San Jose too!! I teach up here and I'm always going back and forth to visit my family in OC. I have an AP so I try to visit the park every time I head back, even if it is for a few hours. I've done solo trips....kinda....I don't go on rides, I just wander and take pictures. I don't think I'm secure enough to go solo on rides....I'm afraid that other people will think I'm weird or pathetic if I go on rides by myself....
    We ARE Mice Chatters...

We ARE Weird and pathetic...

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Cool Re: Solo trip to the magic kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    You know, no one will think you are wierd or pathetic. Everyone is having such a great time themselves, no one even notices that you're alone.

(Or maybe I'm just tremendously secure! <grin>

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

The one time I ever had to walk around the park solo was for a short period of time, and I didn't like it much. My boyfriend forgot his AP, so he had to get his temporary outside the gates...he told me to go on ahead and he would catch up with me.

I guess I did feel a certain freedom, but I felt strange and a little lonely. I went on Pirates of the Caribbean...it was just really weird. When I got off, my boyfriend was waiting for me.

I'm not too enthused by the idea of going by myself anytime soon, though at the same time, I'm a little curious...it's hard to explain.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    The one time I ever had to walk around the park solo was for a short period of time, and I didn't like it much. My boyfriend forgot his AP, so he had to get his temporary outside the gates...he told me to go on ahead and he would catch up with me.

I guess I did feel a certain freedom, but I felt strange and a little lonely. I went on Pirates of the Caribbean...it was just really weird. When I got off, my boyfriend was waiting for me.

I'm not too enthused by the idea of going by myself anytime soon, though at the same time, I'm a little curious...it's hard to explain.
    I will say, in a similar vein, that it can be awkward and unpleasant for me to know that there are people I know in the park yet I'm not spending time with them. On very rare occasions, I'll split off from the group I'm with, but it's typically for a short time, and I'd rather be with them. For me--and I don't know if it's like this for everyone--actually going by myself is quite different. There's no possibility at all of spending time with people I know, so my brain kinda figures it's going to have fun in this different mode. It works for me. Now, I'm kind of an introvert, so some people will be different. (By "kind of", I mean that sometimes you can't get any more introverted than me, while other times I could almost pass for an extrovert...it averages out. )

Bottom line, I think it's something that we shouldn't avoid trying if circumstances pop up in which a solo trip is convenient and going with others isn't an option. My first solo trip was after I unexpectedly ended up with nearly a week with nothing planned whatsoever, living alone in my new dorm room at UCLA, with no friends to speak of in the area. I figured I was closer to Disneyland than usual and didn't have much else to do except work on my model of Disneyland and I had a little extra money sitting around...so I figured I may as well finally try going by myself, since there was no one for me to go with. I'm very glad I gave it a try instead of caving to my reticence, and I hope others will give it a chance, too, despite how weird it can seem beforehand.

• E T1CK3T

I recently went into the park alone for 3 hours in the morning. This past weekend, I stayed at the D-land Hotel just to take a mini-vacation with my family. Since hotel guests get in early (now at 7 a.m.), I was the only one who wanted to go that early. It was great being there alone, being able to do whatever I wanted. The fact that the park was nearly empty also added to the fun of it. I got to ride Matterhorn 3 times, once on one side and twice on the other because nobody was in the line! Don't worry about other people that might give you strange looks and what not. Just enjoy yourself! Have fun! See and do things you have never done before, or don't normally do on an average visit. You'll find that it can be enlightening and refreshing!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by evmo View Post
    Hey everyone! I've been mostly a lurker on this site for years but now I have a question for you.

I've been a fan of the park for pretty much my entire life but I hardly ever get to go, the last time I went was during the 50th. I log in here a few times a week to get my fix but I really want to go in person! I've been trying to organize something with friends but positively no one else wants to go with me so I've been kicking the idea of a solo trip around. My question is...How many of you guys go solo and is it worth it? I live in San Jose and am thinking of hopping on the ninja on a Friday and heading down for a quick Saturday visit with a return either Sunday or Monday. I'm wondering if doing this solo will be worth it. Your thoughts welcome.

I say go for it, my first trip ever was alone and I had such a great time. It's really nice to be able to experience the parks at your pace and take it all in the way you want. And it's SO worth it. Have fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12