David Frankham (aka Sgt. Tibs) visiting Disneyland on Tues. 8/26

Hello, all,

I'm a frequent visitor to MiceAge and really enjoy reading the stories and seeing the photos, but am just now taking the leap into posting on MiceChat. Please forgive any crudities or mistakes! My reason for registering now is, I just wanted to let any 101 DALMATIONS fans out there know:

I live in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and will soon be visiting Disneyland with my friend David Frankham -- who provided the voice of Sergeant Tibs the cat in 101 DALMATIONS. (David also appeared in the Disney films TEN WHO DARED and JOHNNY TREMAIN around the same time.) He is very excited and says he hasn't been to Disneyland since 1956!

David is a very modest English gentleman -- although probably more energetic at 82 than I am at 42! -- who still doesn't quite seem to get how special he is to Disney fans, so ...

I am hoping any MiceAge members in the vicinity who would like to meet David might show up and surprise him while we're there. I'm sure he would be thrilled to meet any of you too. (Personally, I consider myself very lucky to have become acquainted with him several months ago, and have been enchanted by all his stories of working at Disney!)

We will be at Disneyland for two days: either Monday, August 25th and Tuesday, Aug. 26th; or -- more likely -- Tuesday, Aug. 26th and Wednesday, Aug. 27th. (We will also be going to the SLEEPING BEAUTY showing at the El Capitan Theater on the 28th.)

I am planning on finding some reason for having David at the hub, right by the Walt and Mickey statue, at 12:00 noon on Tuesday, August 26th -- so any Tibs fans: Please join us there and say hello! (If we're a bit late, be patient! I'm determined to be there!)

(David doesn't have access to the internet, so this will hopefully remain a surprise! :-) )

Many thanks, and hope to see you there!

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Re: David Frankham (aka Sgt. Tibs) visiting Disneyland on Tues. 8/26

Awesome! I really do wish I could make it to the park to meet the both of you, but alas, I won't be able to, as I can't really afford it. I, however, send Mr. Frankham my fondest regards, and I do hope that he enjoys his visit to Disneyland with you.

• =)

Welcome to Micechat! I won't be able to make it to meet Mr. Frankham, but I hope anyone who does will have a great time. Thanks for letting us know!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

OH MY LORDY, SGT. TIBS!!! I would love to meet him but since I won't be there please pass this story along to him.

When I was a 8 or 9 and 101 Dalmations came out, I saw it with my brother and our friends at the Fox theatre in downtown Anaheim. It was a matinee. (Walt used to show his films for us kids for 25 cents.) It was jammed to the rafters. Hundreds of little kids! There were so many of us that they made us exit through the emergency exit which emptied out into an alley behind the theatre. That alone made us all so excited we could hardly walk straight. Parents out front to pick us up had no idea where we were which added to the experience.

I cannot begin to tell you how much we loved that movie. And Sgt. Tibs? I can hear his voice today!

I even had a 33 1/3 rpm record of the movie with a back cover you could color on! I memorized every line on that record and still have it today as one of my most cherished posessions.

When the movie was just re-issued on DVD I bought it the first day, got ahold of my brother and sat down to watch it in pure bliss!! We re-lived the whole Fox Anaheim experience, right down to going out the fire exit.

Please tell this wonderful man that he has many fans in the USA and he made my childhood wonderful!!!

• Goofy

I would love to be there but I work that day. have fun though.

Thank you for these wonderful replies. I have decided I am going to surprise David even further by reading your comments to him by Mickey and Walt in front of the castle. I'm sure he'll be very moved, as he's a big softy!

I apologize for our visit happening on a work day, making it inconvenient for many -- but in the bigger picture I guess that was the whole point of our deciding to go mid-week, rather than on a weekend: fewer people!

All best ...

• Banned User

I can hear him aiming the horses hoofs in the barn now! LOL! I'm clear over in Utah, so I won't be able to be there, but tell the old chap he has warmed mine and the hearts of generations! Good Show!