Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Disney's California Adventure; Just Awesome

I just got back from Disneyland and I just can't get enough of Disney's California Adventure. The great work and detail Disney put into it, the theming. I think Soarin' Over California should go down in the classics list. Disney really did a great job on this attraction. It's now a tradition for me to ride that attraction every time. The Grizzly River Run attraction. I love getting wet on water rides. I'm not one of those people that have to wear poncho's when they go on such rides. It's a water ride, you're supposed to get wet. Though I think it's not fair that my friend managed to get drenched, but I got little tidbits of water in me. I think they should have a waterfall where splashes everyone and you have no choice but to get wet. The Maliboomer, oh what an adrenaline rush. And who can forget the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror? Disney's California Adventure is a great park. I really don't see what everyone complains about because in my opinion, there is nothing to complain about. At least I now know to never read those hundreds of threads and posts about California Adventure negativity.

• Official Mice Chat person

Re: Disney's California Adventure; Just Awesome

I can't thank you enough for posting this, I love the park also. The park could use a bit more themeing in some parts of the park, but Over all I really like the park.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I'm glad you enjoyed the park. I like DCA too. Soarin' and Grizzly River are two of my favorite attractions. I miss California Screamin' also. As time goes by and new attractions find their place in DCA, it will be a first class park.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Circle of Ancients

Awesome, glad you liked DCA. I like it as well.

Make sure you join the DCA Lovers Alliance!!!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10112

(shameless plug)

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I like DCA it does have fun things to do , great rides ( not many) and good shows I am a huge fan of the Animation building...but would you pay full price just to enter DCA when its the same as Disneyland one day price?

• no flash photography...

I love dca also. we usually soend more time there than in DL...especially when space was down...it's the only real roller coaster in DL..

Quote Originally Posted by DLResident
    I just got back from Disneyland and I just can't get enough of Disney's California Adventure. The great work and detail Disney put into it, the theming. I think Soarin' Over California should go down in the classics list. Disney really did a great job on this attraction. It's now a tradition for me to ride that attraction every time. The Grizzly River Run attraction. I love getting wet on water rides. I'm not one of those people that have to wear poncho's when they go on such rides. It's a water ride, you're supposed to get wet. Though I think it's not fair that my friend managed to get drenched, but I got little tidbits of water in me. I think they should have a waterfall where splashes everyone and you have no choice but to get wet. The Maliboomer, oh what an adrenaline rush. And who can forget the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror? Disney's California Adventure is a great park. I really don't see what everyone complains about because in my opinion, there is nothing to complain about. At least I now know to never read those hundreds of threads and posts about California Adventure negativity.

While I do like DCA and have defended the park in the past, and will again in the future, this post sounds almost... sarcastic.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Warning!! Warning!! Brainwash Attempt In Progress!!

This thread is a "plant" from MousePlanet to rankle someone into starting an argument about how much DCA SUCKS.
    DON'T respond negatively!!
    Respond like this:
    Ooh yes, I just love DCA too!! It is the bestest of all the Disney Parks... Bar-None!! Why, when I drive from Whiskerdoodle Idaho for a visit to the Disneyland Resort, I spend almost ALL my time in the California Adventure.
    I mean, why visit the rest of this big 'ol liberal state, when I can see everything there is to see in DCA.
    Now that California Screamin is down for a "short-term" rehab, I like DCA even better. There are no annoying crowds like you get in Disneyland EVERYDAY!
    And there is always Mulholland Madness if you want to ride a roller coaster. It's just as good as the Matterhorn, if not better. Besides all that "Theming" is a waste of money.
    Some of my friends say they don't understand why I don't hardly visit Walts original magic kingdom, Disneyland. I guess it's because the California Adventure is just so much more EXCITING then Disneyland. Besides, I've seen everything there is to see over there, and some of those rides are over 50 years old!!

"Walk AWAY from the light"
    Last edited by Circarama; 08-29-2005 at 09:23 PM.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Minion

>>I really don't see what everyone complains about because in my opinion, there is nothing to complain about. At least I now know to never read those hundreds of threads and posts about California Adventure negativity.<<

Everybody has their own standard - And everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Oh yes ....... Soarin' and Screamin' (when it's open) are great rides.

The Animation pavilion is nice .. as it's going through some improvements.

A good "2 hour" diversion ... till it's time to head back into that Old and Tired park where those creative guys spent too much money on too much detail. I can just barely tolerate it.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Escapé
    >>I really don't see what everyone complains about because in my opinion, there is nothing to complain about. At least I now know to never read those hundreds of threads and posts about California Adventure negativity.<<

Everybody has their own standard - And everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Oh yes ....... Soarin' and Screamin' (when it's open) are great rides.

The Animation pavilion is nice .. as it's going through some improvements.

A good "2 hour" diversion ... till it's time to head back into that Old and Tired park where those creative guys spent too much money on too much detail. I can just barely tolerate it.
    GO dean, Go Dean, Go Dean...
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I love dca also. we usually soend more time there than in DL...especially when space was down...it's the only real roller coaster in DL..
    Oh, COME ON!!!!!

Big Thunder isn't a Real Roller Coaster

The Matterhorn is a CLASSIC steel Roller Coaster

But if you want Roller Coasters, maybe you should go visit Cedar Point, Magic Mountain, Knott's or Southern Nevada...

They all have GREAT Roller Coasters, and many more of them than the DLR!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Whitewater Snacks is real close to DCA!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    GO dean, Go Dean, Go Dean...

RAH - RAH - RAHRAH-RAH!

• Banned User

Aww, now im getting all nogalstic(i am seriouly not kidding) i have great memories of DCA, it the first Disney park my little bro ever entered(also the first science in about 5 years, but that was 2 years ago, too confusing?)!

Quote Originally Posted by HUH?
    While I do like DCA and have defended the park in the past, and will again in the future, this post sounds almost... sarcastic.
    Belive me, I'm not being sarcastic. I meant every word.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast