Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Do you still get excited when you go to Disneyland???

I don't get excited anymore when I go, but I still love the place. If I want to experience the excitement of going to DL as a kid, I have to visit WDW.

One disappointment for me over the years has been the unravelling of Tomorrowland. It used to be the most exciting place in DL for me back in the 80's. Today, it's just a piecemeal section of the park that is on the slow road to recovery.

Personally, I like WDW's Tomorrowland theme much better. Although, I am not pleased with its recent low-quality attractions like Stitch and Laugh Floor.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I get excited every time I head to Disneyland. My friends and I can NEVER sleep the night before and wind up passing out somewhere around 3. Then we always wake up late and miss our morning time. We always get bouncy when we're in queue at the front gates and I can't ever seem to not clap and beam a smile once I'm through the turnstiles!!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Most definitely! We've been able to spend several "Summer Nights" at Disneyland....and those are my ABSOLUTE favorite.....warm, summer nights in the Happiest Place on Earth...

As well....my son has discovered "Disneyland after dark - and is enamoured by the lanterns over Mad Tea Party".....we went on the other day in the daytime and he was pointing at them and saying "Broken? Momma - Dadda, broken?" Because they don't come 'on' until dusk......

Still excited when I go to Disneyland - OH YES!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Yep. Every. Single. Time.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

Even though we go often, I still get that magical happiness when I walk in and see the castle. I don't think I could ever have too much DL.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by belle View Post
    Even though we go often, I still get that magical happiness when I walk in and see the castle. I don't think I could ever have too much DL.
    Wait, they have a castle at DL???

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Its a little different when you've grown up your entire life near DL. I don't ever remember being so excited that I can't sleep the night before. But that isn't to say I don't look forward to it.

To this day I hate having to wait for the tram and am so excited to get inside the park as quickly as possible. In the scheme of things the wait for the tram is not going to impact much, but I guess being impatient with the tram is my version of not being able to sleep the night before!

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

Since I only go once a year, I'm totally geeked everytime I walk into the park. It is still hard to sleep the night before the big trip. Maybe that has something to do with having to get up at 3:30AM to make the early plane ride.

I still get chills when I see the train station, monorail, and castle for the first time on my trip.

• DCA FTW!

I've got the annual pass and go about 2 times every week. And the morning before we head out I get excited, if im at work im dreading the hours im wasting that could be spent at DL. So yea, the excitement is still there
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Here Comes Trouble

I, like most of you, would practically lose my mind as a kid counting down to the turnstyles!

Now as an AP, we go at least every other Sunday and some Friday nights so the excitement isn't like our once a year trip, but now it's being able to take the time to discover new things each trip; little corners and secrets that we didnt' really have time explore with one day a year if we wanted to hit all of the rides. That makes it a little new with each visit.
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• Oo-de-lally

I go at least 5 times a month and I still get super excited for every trip. Especially when I'm not dieting. I have been on a diet for the past year and I can only cheat on my diet a few times a month. I make sure that on one of those days I go to the park. On those days I have tons of fun because I can enjoy all the yummy treats.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

Definitely!!!! My entire neighborhood knows when I am within six months of my next DL trip. Which I am sad to report I am not within six months of my next trip......unless.....my dear hubby plans a Christmas surprise for me!!! hint hint I have never been to Disneyland to see the Christmas decorations. Whoa is me.
    Deedlebug

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

sure do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Banned User

Oh my gosh YES!!!! I cry when I see the clock tower when we arrive! (And, I cry when I leave too.) I've been to DL since 1968 and I've never lost the excitement I feel when I get to go there. I live in Seattle now, and, the 3 or 4 times a year that I am fortunate enough to go....I am so thrilled that I can hardly stand it! I just booked my Dec. trip and I am already so excited!!!

Some days yes, some days no.

I hope this doesn't sound too jaded and cynical, but....

I really have to make a concerted effort to conjure up the kind of passion for something that cannot possibly meet my fantasy expectations.....what with the gobs of money being spent, and the chore of planning, which seems to take more and more precious engery every year.

But, as the trip comes closer, I force myself to express some enthusiasm, and I certainly take what I can from others' excitement, and try to live it through their eyes.

I find other people's excitement contagious, and it helps me to conjure up some of my own.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast