Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Do you still get excited when you go to Disneyland???

I remember when I was a kid, and we'd be going to Disneyland, I wouldn't ever be able to sleep the night before, in anticipation of all the fun we were going to have. And I'd get up WAY too early and be ready to go by like 6am and then have to wait and wait and wait to leave.

This question is more for the AP's, or people who go to Disneyland a LOT ... Do you still get excited when you go???

I still do. We probably go on average twice a month, and I still get excited when we go. Not to the point where I can't sleep the night before, but I still get giddy.

Now if I went like 3 or 4 times a week, I'm not so sure, for me twice a month is just about right.

Re: Do you still get excited when you go to Disneyland???

We go a few times a year and YES i still get sooooooo excited. I'm looking at the message boards every day. Its crazy, but it gives me something to do that makes me happy!!!
    Next trips to Disneyland are Aug 7-11 and Nov 21-26!

• Bucket List Car

Ok, have you not seen my latest thread??? I'M COMING TO DISNEYLAND NEXT MONTH AND I'M SO EXCITED I CAN HARDLY STAND IT. And let's just say I'm 40-ISH!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I go all the time and still get excited every time. Tis' the magic of Disneyland.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

I go every couple of months or so and I still get tingles in my stomach waiting in line outside the gates. Stepping out from the tunnels on to Main Street and seeing the castle and Matterhorn in the distance...I'm a sucker for it.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• =)

When I was little, an impending Disneyland trip meant I would be awake for hours in bed the night before. Sometimes a few nights before. I was incredibly excited. Giddy. Hysterical. It was one of the best feelings I could experience. Now...I definitely get excited, and I try to get as excited as I can, but it's never like that anymore. It's a more restrained form of oh-my-goodness-I'm-going-to-Disneyland than what it used to be, but I still love it. It helps that I'm not an AP-holder, I think. I went six times in the last year for a variety of reasons, but normally, I've only gone once every couple of years or so in the past. Keeps it special.

My sister and I are disney fanatics and have been counting down to our next trip. We started at 99 days and now have 42 days left. Every morning starts with a text stating how many days until our trip. We listen to disney music, have the disney trivia books, my friends who are also coming have been playing the disney trivia game with me, and we've re-watched some of our fave classic disney movies. I'm just happy to have a good group of people who are as excited as I am. And yes, I won't be able to sleep probably the entire week before we go.

Curiouser and curiouser...

• Really?

I literally live down the street from the park...I can hear the fireworks every night...I have an AP, and EVERYTIME I go, I get so super excited. I just love it! I don't think I'll ever get tired of the magic!

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

The wife and I are usually there 2-4 times a month. I go to work in the morning and we're at the park by 5pm for a few hours. Anyone that works near me knows that I'm going to Disneyland that day because I can't help but get excited.

As soon as we get in the parking lot the delight ensues. But when I hear the music in the space between the parks, I really get happy.

Then, walking down Main Street, I feel like I'm a kid again. Love it. Experiencing Walt's house with different people always helps increase the magic too, especially kids.

• Shenanigans.

I still look forward to it very much, and it makes me happy! Not sure excited would be the right word anymore sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• Disney is home

Disneyland is quite not the same for me as it was as a kid. I still love it, but its definitely change. It kind of goes with the territory of being a Cast Member. But I definitely can have the same magic that I had as a kid by seeing it in the face of guests and my friends.

• I'm not really here

We only go ever 18 months or so, so I still get that giddy difficult to sleep the night before kind of feeling.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• e komo mai

Thumbs up Re: Do you still get excited when you go to Disneyland???

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Do you still get excited when you go???
    Yes. Totally.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I always get excited as soon as I hit Main St. and see the castle. It makes me go all soft and smiley.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Mischievous Mouse

I get more excited than the rest of my family! Heck it's a year and a half until my next visit (barring a miracle, winning a trip, or a bunch of money landing in my lap between now and then) - and I'm already excited about that!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast