First trip in several years...suggestions?

Hey all,
    It's my first trip to Disneyland in several years and I thought I'd come on here to get some advice. My best friend is joining me and we're going for 2 days (the 24th and 25th). She's never been before. I've been to the parks more times then I can count but since I moved to NY 3 years ago I haven't been at all. We plan to get to the park, both days, when it opens and stay till closing. I was talking to a friend who knows A LOT about WDW and he was telling me that in the morning if you go to Tinks shop in Fantasyland you can "wake up tink." He said this is something fun that is not in the guide books.

I was curious if there is anything like that. I want my friend to have a GREAT time and to do fun things that maybe not the average park goer knows about.

Any Suggestions

• Here Comes Trouble

Re: First trip in several years...suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by visionsfantastic View Post
    Hey all,
    It's my first trip to Disneyland in several years and I thought I'd come on here to get some advice. My best friend is joining me and we're going for 2 days (the 24th and 25th). She's never been before. I've been to the parks more times then I can count but since I moved to NY 3 years ago I haven't been at all. We plan to get to the park, both days, when it opens and stay till closing. I was talking to a friend who knows A LOT about WDW and he was telling me that in the morning if you go to Tinks shop in Fantasyland you can "wake up tink." He said this is something fun that is not in the guide books.

I was curious if there is anything like that. I want my friend to have a GREAT time and to do fun things that maybe not the average park goer knows about.

Any Suggestions
    If you want to hit the new rides, I'd suggest be at the when they open and go straight to that attraction (in DL, Nemo, then DCA Toy Story) and take advantage of Fast passes when possible.

When we plan an open to close, we also try to have a nice big breakfast after our first ride(s), then snack in leiu of lunch and plan a sit down dinner. I'd suggest Story Tellers at DCA for breakfast...they have a killer buffet
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• Oo-de-lally

Since you are going on a week day the crowds should not be too bad. The longest lines you will encounter will be for Toy Story and Finding Nemo. I would suggest getting them done with first. Like kristibaer said above try and utilize fast passes for rides like Indiana Jones and Space Mountain. I go to the park a lot and I have tried all the food there. I highly recommend that you eat at Blue Bayou one night which is the restaurant inside of The Pirates of the Caribbean ride and at Napa Rose (if you have the extra cash) on the second night. Napa Rose is inside the Grand Californian Hotel. They are both great restaurants with some amazing food. I also think you should go to Cafe Orleans which is right across from the Blue Bayou for a mid day snack and order the pomme frites (garlic French fries) and the Mickey shaped benights (wonderful fresh baked dessert served with 2 tasty dipping sauces). You can call and make reservations for any of the more fancy restaurants like Blue Bayou and Napa Rose. The number is (714) 781-3463. Have fun on your trip.
    Last edited by Craigroy8287; 08-21-2008 at 12:29 PM.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Disney Geek

Since your friend has never been before if they have Fantasmic and the fireworks going you should watch those.