Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still hot in September?

Thinking of visiting around 9/15. Is it still still "summer hot"? TIA

• =)

Re: Still hot in September?

Nah, not really. Depends on the day and the year, but things are cooling off by then. And the even brighter side is...the crowds should be really thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Nah, not really. Depends on the day and the year, but things are cooling off by then. And the even brighter side is...the crowds should be really thin.
    Cool! (so to speak) Thanks Datameister

• Oo-de-lally

This says it all. Try to go during the mid week (Tuesday-Thursday). There will be hardly anyone in the parks. You might be able to hop on a lot of attraction with virtually no wait.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• =)

No problem, Werner! And Craigroy speaks the truth...if you go in the middle of the week, and especially if you get there around opening, I can practically guarantee you walk-ons for the most popular attractions for a while. Then the lines will grow, and you'll be almost disappointed to see wait times that would cause shouts of exhilaration under other circumstances. Twenty minutes for Space Mountain standby in the middle of the day? Terrible! Anyways, you'll have a great time, I'm sure. It's a pretty weirdly wonderful experience.

Things are beginning to cool off, true, but there are the dreaded Santa Ana's, which are hot, dry and windy. There's a reason September and October are the worst months for fire in Southern California. Excepting the fires, I personally love Santa Ana's, but it can be pretty brutal inland. Check the weather for any highs developing over the deserts.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

September can, in fact, be one of the hottest months of the year. My birthday is the week you'll be here and I can't tell you how many times it's been in the 100's where I live (probably 90's in Anaheim). It's a transitional month so you just never know.

• Goofy

sometimes septmember can be unpredictable.

I have never been through a Southern California September without a heatwave at some point during the month.

However, it does cool down at nights.

• Loves Fajita!

The last two years I went the last week in September, it was still pretty warm, but not too hot, especially since it cooled off quite a bit at night.

Most days were upper 80s, a couple lower 90's, and only one cloudy day in the upper 70's.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Expect it to be hotter then Hell. Anything less will be a delightful surprise.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Last year I visited DLR over Labor Day.... OUCH! 100 by mid morning and DCA was terrible. There is usually some kind of heat wave so just be prepared for the worst... that way if it's cooler than expected you'll be happy!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Expect it to be hotter then Hell. Anything less will be a delightful surprise.

This is by far one of the best posts ever. In fact I like to think this way with everything travel-wise.

Expect it to be hot, rainy, extremely crowded, expensive, and generally miserable, and when it's not, POOF you'll have an amazing time! And if it actually IS all that I listed, you won't be surprised.

• kari12177

Last year on the 20-21st of Sept it was 70 degrees and had rain. We will be there Sept 18-21

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

As always in SoCal, pack your daisy dukes and a tank tops, but also make sure you bring a rain coat and an umbrella.

It'll most likely be hot as opposed to cool. I'd say expect heat, but be prepared for rain also.

The weather here is pretty unpredictable. Heck, most of the time the meteorologists are wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast