Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Miley Cyrus Wants You To Pay $250 For Her 16th Bday Disneyland Party!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    Don't worry, I'm another 'sick' person that has the exact same thought as you...
    Yeah same here, but Disneyland is fun no matter what, even if there are crowds.

• Here Comes Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Deedlebug View Post
    "I for one know my daughter would love to go to this, but I can't justify $500 for her and I to maybe catch a glimpse of Miley and her posse. Maybe if they said that the fee (or portion) was for charity."

I believe they said that it is benefiting a charity - "Youth Service America" - although I am not sure what that is.
    My bad, I thought they were inviting some of the Youth Service America kids as a reward to them, not donating to them.
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Let's just hope things don't go the way of the Lindsay Lohan Birthday fiasco a few years back....
    Nah, I'm sure this will be a whole thing, documented for the Disney Channel and some crazy Hannah Montana marathon for Miley's birthday or something. The Lohan thing was purely a private event, if I remember correctly.
    A signature should go here.

• Knight that says Nee!!

IMO closing the main park in DLR for this "private affair" is a bad idea. They can get away with it at Disneyworld as there are several other parks to go to.

DLR has two parks, and one of those is currently going through major changes. What if I were on a three day trip for that week end with my family and it's our only visit for the year or maybe even for the next several years...I'd be pissed off if I lost the ability to enter DL for one of the two nights i was going to be there so that Disney could make extra $$$ off of the hard core fans of one their tween starlets.

When DLR grows to three or four gates I can see this working better. As a two gate resort and truthfully DL being the main attraction, closing totally for special events like this is not a good idea.

but then...money talks.

• Animation Domination

Only time will tell when Miley Cyrus will take over HISTA with her new show. Just thinking about it is giving me the creeps.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I'd be shocked out of my mind if they closed the park for any significant amount of time on October 5 if it hasn't already been posted as a closure. Even with the Pirates Premiere, the date was announced far in advance so that people knew coming in that the park would close early. MAYBE they'll close at 6pm and send everyone else to DCA, but there's no way they would close in the afternoon. In the commerical, she describes it as a "Rocking night" so maybe they won't kick it off until 8pm. Strange that they don't give a time on the site....

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...DPMileyDLRTile

It's almost September. It the park hours are still listed as "8am - 12 midnight" on October 5 as of now, they'll have a real mess on their hands when people who bought a few nights in a Disney Hotel or those who already purchased e tickets are told that they will lose hours in the park. To change the hours with barely a few more than 30 days in advance would show a total lack of respect for the guests who have already made plans. :
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 08-21-2008 at 03:18 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Just checked the Gay Days schedule and most of the events on Sunday are being held at DCA. I'm still going to be extremely ticked off if I get kicked out of Disneyland early on Sunday for Miley. As Mac Daddy aluded to if they are going to close early they need to post it on their site earlier rather than later. I consider 6 weeks too late.

http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/gay_days_schedule.html

It also looks like Park admission is not included in the $250, so another $69 just to get in!

Yep, her *big day* falls on the same weekend Disneyland host the unofficial gay days. Generally, us gay boys & girls will party at Disneyland on Saturday and DCA on Sunday. But still, to know we're not allowed to stay inside Disneyland past 5pm on Sunday (unless we purchase a MC ticket), is pretty rotten.

I suppose if I were a fan of MC, then I wouldn't care. But the girl does nothing for me and it's a shame her party has to be on the same weekend as ours.

Why doesn't she party at Knott's?

• Knight that says Nee!!

I thought the OP said it was announced that the party was 6pm to 11pm...so I am assuming that if they close the park it will be around 5pm to give time to clear the place out.

• Keepin' it calsteady

I don't see anything that says Mileyfest is taking over the park. That would explain why the $250 doesn't include park admission, and also why the calendar shows the park open for full hours.

We have a poll going on arounddisney.com about the $250 price. Is it too expensive, too cheap?
    http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/...tana-birthday/

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    DLR has two parks, and one of those is currently going through major changes. What if I were on a three day trip for that week end with my family and it's our only visit for the year or maybe even for the next several years...I'd be pissed off if I lost the ability to enter DL for one of the two nights i was going to be there so that Disney could make extra $$$ off of the hard core fans of one their tween starlets.
    Well DCA's not going through the changes just yet.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

This is not the first time Disneyland has closed early for a celebrity birthday party.

Elizabeth Taylor held her 60th birthday party at Disneyland, in a private party. In fact I think it was also around October when she did this.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

According to this article the park will close at 5:00. Here's hoping that they will open the park early like 6:00 a.m.

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/...ley-cyrus-250/

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast